Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

No more bunking trains?

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Now that the strike is over I'll go back to paying full fare for a full service. Not that things are back to normal yet but they should be tomorrow.

Now that the strike is over I'll go back to paying full fare for a full service. Not that things are back to normal yet but they should be tomorrow.

You won't get a normal service anytime soon,Southern are about 25%on staff numbers and are showing no interest in resolving this issue,doesn't help that the rail regulator is showing even less interest.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012
You got what you deserved - buy a ticket and be honest for once, Railways are businesses not charities.

No sympathy what so ever

Yet the train companies can make mistakes everyday and deliver utmost incompetence, but they get away with it.

Maybe passengers should start getting a tenner from them every time the train company makes a mistake

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
It's thread revival week

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
If they decide to be so arsey to you, then just do it back. I used to do all I could to stop them stamping my tickets, so at the end of each month I sent all my unchecked tickets to them & claimed I didn't use them. Result - a nice monthly refund.

Thanks Connex, you shower of shite

Isn't that the same as saying it's ok to steal from big stores cos they make loads of profit?

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
6906063.jpg

Stumpy Tim

Isn't that the same as saying it's ok to steal from big stores cos they make loads of profit?

I wrote that 13 years ago. But anyway, stealing from big stores is slightly different as they provide a service while the train companies get paid to deliver a service & then completely fail to deliver adequately. So there is a difference but as I say, it was written a long time ago so I'm not really interested in debating it

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
I wrote that 13 years ago. But anyway, stealing from big stores is slightly different as they provide a service while the train companies get paid to deliver a service & then completely fail to deliver adequately. So there is a difference but as I say, it was written a long time ago so I'm not really interested in debating it

Admitting to a fraud and leaving your twitter handle there is not BIG or is it CLEVER

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
I had to go to court a few years ago in Haywards Heath.I lived in Hassocks at the time and was completely skint.I had no petrol in my car so i had to bunk the train to court.

I GOT CAUGHT!!!!!!

And i gave my correct name coz im such an honest chap-DOH!

So a few weeks later,i find myself back in the same court getting fined for travelling on a train without a valid ticket (on the way to court).
Confused????? I was :censored: :censored:

Being poor and the need to be in court are not good reasons for breaking the law. Was it life or death?

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
What's the penalty fare now, I bet a lot more than £10.

And a Bees fan has asked me where does the fare-zone for free travel with the match-ticket On Saturday cut in, is it Haywards Heath if coming from London? Or only from Brighton or Eastbourne?

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
I've bee fined atleast 5 times, almost all of them after getting off the train at a station. Also dodged 6 or so. Fines are £20 these days, although I haven't been fined for over a year.

I have a railcard now, well I did, but I've lost it and it's £15 to replace, and I can't be bothered to pay that on top. Lost about 2 of them altogether now.

I buy tickets on the train quite a lot, no bother. Only ever been fined once on a train for asking to buy a ticket, and this wasn't on a Southern train.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
What's the penalty fare now, I bet a lot more than £10.

And a Bees fan has asked me where does the fare-zone for free travel with the match-ticket On Saturday cut in, is it Haywards Heath if coming from London? Or only from Brighton or Eastbourne?

Haywards Heath

WonderingSoton

Dec 3, 2014
I find it's only Virgin Cross Country that always actually check tickets regularly. With most other providers I usually wonder why on earth I bothered.
I guess cutting staff numbers on trains is only going to reduce the amount of ticket checks all the more.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
You got what you deserved - buy a ticket and be honest for once, Railways are businesses not charities.

No sympathy what so ever
Christ, you were a wanker as far back as 2003.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I've been in Tokyo way too long.

Tickets for any form of train travel here is so easy and painless, it's almost untrue.

None of this Special Saver or use only at certain times stuff. They have the prices to each destination on the boards above the ticket machines in the stations, so it's just one fare and thats it. No nonsense stuff. The only ticket offices thay have are for the Shinkansen (Bullet Train) and with the usual Japanese efficiency you're in and out in no time.

Plus the fact that you cannot get to the platforms without a ticket as the ticket barriers are automated. So you purchase a ticket to get in and you must have that ticket to get out. If your ticket doesn't cover the fare of the journey, the ticket barriers won't let you out, until you've been to the Fare Adjustment machines and paid the difference.

Plus the fact that no self-respecting Japanese person would ever cheat the train companies anyway.

Oh yeah, the trains also run on time as well, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days of the year. They may be expensive, but it's definately a price worth paying.

Lots of platform staff. Don't need guards then?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here