Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It is not me that constantly posts on issues in another country. You however are constantly running down the country you do not live in.
You plainly get upset when your fatherland is mentioned. You chose to live in Germany, good luck to you, your constant pant filled obsession with the UK is creepy.

As I said to [MENTION=5101]BigGully[/MENTION]. I like things, I dislike things. This is patently obvious from the threads I contribute to on here. Their country of origin has absolutely no relevance or bearing on anything; I'm internationally minded so it wouldn't . I criticise the government...well I would being a lefty. I criticise the England football team...do you think they're good and worthy of praise?

You and him, for whatever reason, just seem to home in on a narrow tract of my interests. Only you and him know why this might be. But you're lack of posting on anything outside of the EU threads is telling.

You also repeatedly turn to the same line of argument (insults) after two posts...and not just with me. And now you're using something I previously said to you. You seem completely bereft of ideas. It's like dealing with a teenager.

I understand you're an electrician......haven't you got a plug to wire or something?

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
just how difficult do you expect it will be to obtain a visa for EU? maybe as difficult as for Switzerland, where there's no visa for EU, US or Canadians?

with Schengen in place there are no passport controls across Europe anyway, so you only need a passport to pass through controls at those outside that agreement, Ireland and UK. what free movement is actually about is the right to stay and work in countries, not going on a 2 week holiday to the Algarve, Black forest, or Tuscany. i dont know why this distinction is overlooked.

Or maybe a visa will be required to visit the EU, which no doubt would be available on line (at cost) and similar to visas for USA, and elsewhere those with serious criminl convictions may be rejected or require additional processing. As we will be out of the EU, a passport (and visa) would be required to enter the EU.

Not overlooking that if travelling by vehicle that a Green Card may well be required again, which is another document that would be required.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
well that is the interesting one, i dont know the figures to compare. its complicated to assess because an awful lot of the financial services are done in the UK, not sold into other member nations. for example BNP and Deutsche have substantial operations based in London, because that's where the markets are for currencies, bonds and derivatives. i know theres more to financial services than just buying/selling, those other services are provided backed by our regulatory and legal system that many prefer, and you can still come to the UK to have your contracts drawn up, legal advise given, regardless of your nationality (cf Russians).

It's not so much the regulatory side of things, more the license to operate in the EU...which many UK operators do. Google passporting and you'll get a clear understanding although it is heavy reading.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
As I said to [MENTION=5101]BigGully[/MENTION]. I like things, I dislike things. This is patently obvious from the threads I contribute to on here. Their country of origin has absolutely no relevance or bearing on anything; I'm internationally minded so it wouldn't . You and him, for whatever reason, just seem to home in on a narrow tract of my interests. Only you and him know why this might be. But you're lack of posting on anything outside of the EU threads is telling.

You also repeatedly turn to the same line of argument (insults) after two posts...and not just with me. And now you're using something I previously said to you. You seem completely bereft of ideas. It's like dealing with a teenager.

I understand you're an electrician......haven't you got a plug to wire or something?

Patronising as usual. Why do you feel bitter about being "lumbered" with an "English passport", I relies you have a bit of a downer on England. I am actually wiring a nurse call system at present, unlike you who seem to be constantly logged in to this UK forum.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Patronising as usual. Why do you feel bitter about being "lumbered" with an "English passport", I relies you have a bit of a downer on England. I am actually wiring a nurse call system at present, unlike you who seem to be constantly logged in to this UK forum.

I'd say that since Brexit, using the verb "lumbered" is perfectly reasonable. Don't forget that thanks to people like you, we will no longer have free movement across nearly 30 European states and may well now need visas to visit a good many of them. That's why he's used the word "lumbered".

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Or maybe a visa will be required to visit the EU, which no doubt would be available on line (at cost) and similar to visas for USA, and elsewhere those with serious criminl convictions may be rejected or require additional processing. As we will be out of the EU, a passport (and visa) would be required to enter the EU.

Not overlooking that if travelling by vehicle that a Green Card may well be required again, which is another document that would be required.

To the holiday maker this probably won't be too bigger deal but for frequent travellers it will be a ball-ache. I already find travel into the U.K. a grind compared to Schengen travel. It's not going to get better outside of the EU.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Why don't you answer my question about Irish passports holding more use?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

And I have already answered why I feel lumbered with a UK passport.

This is getting very tedious.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I'd say that since Brexit, using the verb "lumbered" is perfectly reasonable. Don't forget that thanks to people like you, we will no longer have free movement across nearly 30 European states and may well now need visas to visit a good many of them. That's why he's used the word "lumbered".

Quite. I look forward to his post about why he feels a UK passport will be more useful than an Irish one.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Very rarely do i comment about Germany, unlike you who keeps putting his snout into UK issues when you live in Germany.
Sorry if i have offended your country, you do get upset about any views on your country....i think your "fetish" is running down a country you left and do not live in, whilst sniping and putting the jackboot into the country you left.

He grew up here, he is English, he has family and friends here, he has every right to comment on his country of origin. You utter twonk.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Soulman doesn't answer difficult questions. He's useless. Why are you bothering talking to him?

Very fair point. He sucked me in. I should have been a bit smarter and realised.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Business shrugs off Brexit to create 100,000 new jobs

More than 100,000 people found jobs between May and August as businesses shrugged off Brexit fears and continued hiring in the two months after the European Union referendum.

Employment remained at a record high of 31.8 million, the unemployment rate was at an 11-year low of 4.9 per cent and wage growth was steady at 2.3 per cent in a surprisingly resilient jobs market for the three months to August.

Sterling was unmoved by the news, holding at $1.2296 against the dollar after edging a little lower in early trading. It rose 0.16 cents against the euro to €1.1212.

Nick Palmer, of the Office for National Statistics, said that the official data suggested “continuing confidence in the economy” during the summer and after the vote.

However, other experts warned of a looming squeeze on living standards as inflation threatens to overtake pay growth. Economists and officials expect Britain’s decision to leave the European Union to hit jobs and wages as businesses row back on investment and demand falters, but there has been little sign of the effect to date.

The 74.5 per cent employment rate is a record high, vacancies are holding up at 749,000 and almost all the 106,000 jobs created were by companies rather than self-employed.

The claimant count for September, which is one month ahead of the unemployment numbers and is based on jobseeker’s allowance claims, was 2.3 per cent, the same as August and just above the 2.2 per cent earlier in the year.

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/b...-but-economists-warn-of-pay-squeeze-lfx99m2qt

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Ah Nibble, thought you were emigrating after the election. Abus if it makes you feel better.

Huh? That genuinely makes no sense on any level. But as pointed out, you're not worth debating with and the above gibberish proves it.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Good input. I answer plenty, I do have the choice which questions I want to answer.

So why do you constantly chase people around on here demanding they answer your questions? Admittedly you only do it when the other Fairy Godfathers are here to back you up.

Forget it, you won't answer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here