Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will Pompey fold? (merged threads)

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Claridge is a useless manager, would be hilarious to watch him take them down.

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
Neil Allen is the PFC correspondent for the News:

Neil Allen ‏@pn_neil_allen 25s

Have been told that Barker has not - I repeat not - yet been sacked as some are claiming. Still in #Pompey role at present.

"Yet"? He's spoken to a source at the club who have told him they haven't texted him "yet" with the news he has the boot. (No credit left on the club PAYG?)

Whatever, he's a deadman walking.

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
Particularly enjoyed this from "Bognor Blue" in the comments under the local paper story - like Ernest only funny

"The silence from the board is DEAFENING .....maybe the only way they will sit up and take notice is by direct action at the next home game v Hartlepool! First half should be played in DEAFENING silence from the crowd. This will be a warning to the board that if the Buffon is left in charge WE WILL BE RELEGATED! If that happens PORTSMOUTH FC est 1898 WILL BE liquidated and the silence is what they will have from MAY 2014 onwards....oh apart from ching ching ching of the TESCO tills! The second half of the game should see the return of the Pompey chimes in full volume akin to AC MILAN ...sung as tho our life's depended on it....because PFC it does!"

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Particularly enjoyed this from "Bognor Blue" in the comments under the local paper story - like Ernest only funny

"The silence from the board is DEAFENING .....maybe the only way they will sit up and take notice is by direct action at the next home game v Hartlepool! First half should be played in DEAFENING silence from the crowd. This will be a warning to the board that if the Buffon is left in charge WE WILL BE RELEGATED! If that happens PORTSMOUTH FC est 1898 WILL BE liquidated and the silence is what they will have from MAY 2014 onwards....oh apart from ching ching ching of the TESCO tills! The second half of the game should see the return of the Pompey chimes in full volume akin to AC MILAN ...sung as tho our life's depended on it....because PFC it does!"

Gianluigi Buffon?

The greatest fans in the World already have a new manager?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I thought that they didn't care what league they were in, the only important thing was that the Greatest Fans In The World still had a club to support?

Don't tell me they're just the same as us Ordinary Fans? :ohmy:

Last edited:

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
I can see this thread give the old cycling geeks a run for it's money in the "views" stakes

what is the most viewed thread,anyone know?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail

"The silence from the board is DEAFENING .....maybe the only way they will sit up and take notice is by direct action at the next home game v Hartlepool! First half should be played in DEAFENING silence from the crowd. This will be a warning to the board...

A deafening silence? Is that the end of the bell?

I thought the board were friendly fans. They seem more hostile towards the board (OK one fan...) that saved them as opposed to those who put them in jeopardy in the first place.

I forgot, they had a march, I think. I believe [MENTION=232]Simster[/MENTION] will have a picture of that.

I can see this thread give the old cycling geeks a run for it's money in the "views" stakes

There are some other big Pompey threads. I think they should be merged.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Anyway. Has the conscious uncoupling of Pompey and Richie Barker been announced yet? Or are they aiming to piss their fans off for one more evening?

(Or can't they afford the compensation, so are waiting for him to do something they can class as "gross misconduct"?)

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
Anyway. Has the conscious uncoupling of Pompey and Richie Barker been announced yet? Or are they aiming to piss their fans off for one more evening?

(Or can't they afford the compensation, so are waiting for him to do something they can class as "gross misconduct"?)

Looks they are sleeping on it if you believe what this hack (Alex Crook) says. Which is all good as it will wind up the best fans in the World even more, sending them into apocalyptic meltdown if Barker is still Manager tomorrow lunchtime. There would appear to be disagreement amongst the ranks of the board as to whether he stays or goes. Many fans don't appear happy with the brave new World of the Fans owned club. The natives of Fratton are revolting. :rolleyes:

https://twitter.com/alex_crook/status/448931312687403008

You have that feeling its all going to end in tears with flounces, accusations, resignations, counter claims, threats of legal action and who knows what else? :catfight::flounce:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
It really is heartwarming to see so many Brighton fans DETESTING these absolute plums*. I used to think it was just me and a handful of other oddballs, but clearly not. Yes, the Nigels will always be our rivals but for me, I'll never hate them as much as Pompey I'm afraid. Unfortunately I've never met a Nigel I didn't like, yet most Pompey I've ever met down the years have been absolute TOOLS.

*Non league plums.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
It really is heartwarming to see so many Brighton fans DETESTING these absolute plums*. I used to think it was just me and a handful of other oddballs, but clearly not. Yes, the Nigels will always be our rivals but for me, I'll never hate them as much as Pompey I'm afraid. Unfortunately I've never met a Nigel I didn't like, yet most Pompey I've ever met down the years have been absolute TOOLS.

*Non league plums.

That's IT

I actually can't wait to play Palace again, but would be happy if we NEVER played Portsmouth again.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

*Non league plums.

By chance I noticed a high number of visitors to this thread, yesterday, from SaintsWeb. So I assume they are also enjoying others revelling in Pompey's misfortunes.

Gary Leeds

May 5, 2008
On saints web there are 38000 posts on the subject!! Think we need to get a few more to catch them up

I did see this gem on there though

JOBSITE AD - Temporary role as caretaker hero.

Possible Opportunity.

Chance for really poor manager to come in, to have no effect, but to take responsibility for a couple of scratchy results that will keep a team in the football league.
The successful candidate will be expected to have a track history three divisions higher and no self respect - they will also be asked to rebuild quite badly in the summer, while pretending they knew nothing about the finances, and moaning about lack of funds.
They will also be responsible for delusional press conferences and be expected to work to a standard media template regarding fans, the club, performances, and the rewriting of history as it happens.
After a short trial period as a hero the candidate is likely to be abused both verbally and physically, there may be a request for the inevitable payoff to be deferred at this time too.
Wages will be much higher than elsewhere, but there is a pretty good chance the lucky winner won't actually get them.
This is a prestigious role working with some of the best fans, the most experienced management structures in world sport, and with no real budget limitations of any sort.
It's nothing to do with property developers at all.
So if you think you have what it takes to revive the sleepiest giant ever, send your CV, wrapped around a bottle of pre-2000 Bollinger, to Mr McInnes, The Fortress Fatpipes Harbourdome, Debt Lane, Delusionton, Portsea, P1 K3Y.
These contracts tend to run for about seven months, three of which will be unpaid.
Those who fail to attach a stamp will be looked upon favourably.
If you are still owed money from your last stint in this role, you need not apply.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto

Without wanting to BRAG (which I will inevitably do) I would like to take full credit for reviving this thread to laugh at Pompey's current predicament.:O

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here