Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
You’re avoiding the question. Would you be so disgustingly mean-spirited with a family member if they were about to lose their job?

Why is all you remainers simply cream yourselves when you see people losing their jobs when you think there is a chance Brexit can be blamed. Seems really odd. How come none of you mention the 700k jobs created in the last 2yrs doesn't it fit your mindsets

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Why is all you remainers simply cream yourselves when you see people losing their jobs when you think there is a chance Brexit can be blamed. Seems really odd. How come none of you mention the 700k jobs created in the last 2yrs doesn't it fit your mindsets

But I have mention the extra jobs, And I have discussed their nature at great length in previous posts, and how many are part-time, low paid and/or precarious gig-economy positions. Whilst these types of roles can play a part in any economy it’s deeply disturbing that few/zero higher paid and permanent positions are being creating. And as for manufacturing jobs.......

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!

Any jobs being lost (or threatened) right now with a link to Brexit (the spuriousness of which is obviously open to debate or simple denial) are a bit of an indication of what awaits - while there's still a bit of time left to avoid the real deluge. Nobody - and I mean nobody with any credibility - is predicting that unemployment will fall after Brexit. Are you? And if so - what is the rationale, please?

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Any jobs being lost (or threatened) right now with a link to Brexit (the spuriousness of which is obviously open to debate or simple denial) are a bit of an indication of what awaits - while there's still a bit of time left to avoid the real deluge. Nobody - and I mean nobody with any credibility - is predicting that unemployment will fall after Brexit. Are you? And if so - what is the rationale, please?

My rationale for unemployment falling is that we have been told for the last two years that all EU citizens would be leaving the racist UK,and crops would rot in the fields,etc etc.That's 3 million jobs needing to be filled for a start,plus all the custom officers,vets,morticians for all the dead Brexiteers.Seriously though,unemployment is at a historical low and employment at a historical high despite the gloom and doom of Project Fear.The EU don't seem bothered by their unemployment levels,and we have some way to catch up with them,so let's wait and see.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade

Project fear still going then. Why do you take glee in someone losing their job to prove a point. Serious question just need to understand

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Amazing coincidence that all personal anecdotes from remainers on this thread back up their anti-Brexit narrative ...

I'm fully aware of your anonymous,voyeuristic, trolling, posting but what personal anecdotes in particular from remainers gooses your gander on the other side then out of interest?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I doubt you’d be so cocksure and mean spirited if it was someone close to you losing their job?

If someone told me they were losing their job and admitted it was because they were rubbish at it, if they weren't an ********, I could still find it in me to feel bad for them on some level. Losing work, whatever the reason (in most cases ie not stealing from boss, deliberately being a dick to others) is standalone reason to have a little sympathy for someone, especially if they have people depending on that income.

Last edited:

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
Project fear still going then. Why do you take glee in someone losing their job to prove a point. Serious question just need to understand

This a very good point you make,it seems a lot of remain supporters will be absolutely devastated if Brexit turns out to be a success,I genuinely think the likes of James O’Brien and Gary Lineker will be bereft when this country pulls away from the basket case of the EU.
Thank goodness at least 17 million of us have faith in our country.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
If someone told me they were losing their job and admitted it was because they were rubbish at it, if they weren't an ********, I could still find it in me to feel bad for them on some level. Losing work, whatever the reason (in most cases ie not stealing from boss, deliberately being a dick to others) is standalone reason to have a little sympathy for someone, especially if they have people depending on that income.

Agree. It’s only human.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
This a very good point you make,it seems a lot of remain supporters will be absolutely devastated if Brexit turns out to be a success,I genuinely think the likes of James O’Brien and Gary Lineker will be bereft when this country pulls away from the basket case of the EU.
Thank goodness at least 17 million of us have faith in our country.

It’s is dull that Brextremists are so arrogant that they think they and those who voted the same are the only ones who have faith in the country. I would add ignorant but they get a bit sensitive on that point

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
As disgustingly mean-spirited as saying the Greek people had it coming/got what they deserved?

Imposed austerity leading to mass unemployment, a spike in suicides, nearly a million not having access to healthcare .. rising infant mortality.

Best climb off that high horse HT.

You’re twisting things here. I stand by my assertion that the way the Greek government carried on, turning a blind eye to a huge black economy and the recent over spending, and the willingness of the electorate to participate in this, clearly always was going to end in tears. It was inevitable. This was merely stating the obvious. But this does not mean I do not feel empathy for them; far from it. I stand by my Aegean European cousins and felt proud that the EU helped them out and found a solution which the Greek electorate voted for twice.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
If they lost their job due to their inadequacy and then blamed it on Brexit I would tell them straight,bullshit.
Some people need telling,no good dressing it up.We are turning into a nation of the offended.Like these Silly ****er farmers”oooh,we won’t be able to harvest our crops after Brexit “what a load of old bollox,pay a decent wage you twats,then you’ll be able to harvest your crops.

I’ve met many people like you, cock sure and arrogant to the core, until you need some help then you start weaseling.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I’ve met many people like you, cock sure and arrogant to the core, until you need some help then you start weaseling.

Quite, it's all very well saying the problems will be short to mid term. That could be long enough to ruin a lot of lives.
Anyway, why should the farmers be paying folks to pick the fruit? I thought we were all going to be digging for victory and marching two by two to the farm to tend this fair land, free of charge, all for the good of GREAT BRITAIN!!! Huzahh, and a tiddly toddly pom pom pom!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Quite, it's all very well saying the problems will be short to mid term. That could be long enough to ruin a lot of lives.
Anyway, why should the farmers be paying folks to pick the fruit? I thought we were all going to be digging for victory and marching two by two to the farm to tend this fair land, free of charge, all for the good of GREAT BRITAIN!!! Huzahh, and a tiddly toddly pom pom pom!

Brexit Britain: a diet of bleached GM chicken, ugly shit fish dredged from the bottom of the channel and mouldy part fermented plums. We have our country back!

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Brexit Britain: a diet of bleached GM chicken, ugly shit fish dredged from the bottom of the channel and mouldy part fermented plums. We have our country back!

We may have to recall our ex-pats to come and shout at foreigners. You're cool with that?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
We may have to recall our ex-pats to come and shout at foreigners. You're cool with that?

Yup. I’m so British I’ll even piss my pants when the thermometer hits 30 degrees.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here