Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Derby Nearly Sold Out

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Do the park 'n ride car parks get anywhere near full for matches when the crowd near capacity. e.g. v Burnley?

I've always caught the train but after the Fulham debacle, it will take a lot to get my faith back in them. It is wobbly half the time.

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
Do the park 'n ride car parks get anywhere near full for matches when the crowd near capacity. e.g. v Burnley?

I've always caught the train but after the Fulham debacle, it will take a lot to get my faith back in them. It is wobbly half the time.

Mithras House was full for the Leeds match, got there an hour before KO and got the last space, and that wasn't a sell-out

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Quite. A club like ours is never going to need more than around 33,000 seats really. Blackburn have a 30k all seater and only filled it 3 or 4 times in their title winning season. Derby, Middlesbrough, Leicester and Southampton all have around 32-35,000 seats and are all the sort of size we want to see ourselves as broadly similar to.

Disagree. With the catchment area we have, the campaigns ongoing aswell as the increased funds made available for marketing, PL football will suck in all sorts. Not saying we should increase cap at their behest (at least not yet anyway) but it's probably something TB has in mind long term and assuming we get to where we want to be. 35k would probably see us for the forseeable future, but as discussed it's not that simple.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003

Derby is an afternoon game.

There is plenty of time to get to and from the game as there will be a bigger window for most fans.

No worries.

Apr 30, 2013
It's grim oop north
How? The North has the police control room near the NW corner, and the media room next to it. The South has the executive boxes in situ. Oh, and don't forget the sloping roof.

not sure how, im no good with D.I.Y - but I think it would finish the ground off lovely, and probably get the capacity to 35-38k which would be ideal if/when we reach the PL.

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
As someone else already said, we could easily do 40k in the top flight with big visiting support. Problem is it looks a bit empty if you drop back down the leagues.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
As someone else already said, we could easily do 40k in the top flight with big visiting support. Problem is it looks a bit empty if you drop back down the leagues.

There is no big visiting support in the Prem, 3,000 max just like now.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Don't think there is much call to reconstruct the stadium and put the infrastructure under strain just to fit in more away fans.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I pray that someone doesn't bounce this thread next season when we have Burton Albion at home on a Tuesday night.

Sent from Konnie Huq's lingerie drawer.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Disagree. With the catchment area we have, the campaigns ongoing aswell as the increased funds made available for marketing, PL football will suck in all sorts. Not saying we should increase cap at their behest (at least not yet anyway) but it's probably something TB has in mind long term and assuming we get to where we want to be. 35k would probably see us for the forseeable future, but as discussed it's not that simple.
Agree...we could easily get 40k in the prem :)

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
There is no big visiting support in the Prem, 3,000 max just like now.

In the premier league I think 3000 is the minimum allocation or 10% of ground capacity whichever is lower. I doubt the club would offer more tickets to visiting fans as we'd easily sell any extra seats to local fans. Police and safety regulations would have a say as well.

Wigan used to offer 5k to clubs when they were in the PL but they could not sell out their stadium otherwise.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here