Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton & Hove Albion sign Sheffield United winger Jamie Murphy on a four-yeat deal

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I think i told Machiavelli several days ago as well that it was imminent if i am not mistaken

This is true. I'm happy with this signing, and those in this transfer window. I refer others to the Murphy highlights vid (which includes a comment from a month ago saying: "He is going to LUFC" :lol:). Let's hope he can replicate such form for us.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
http://www.football-league.co.uk/global/section6.aspx

41.2 Subject to Regulations 41.4 and 41.5, a Player will only be eligible to play in a match organised by The League if the appropriate forms for his registration or the transfer of his registration (other than those referred to in Regulation 41.3) are received (including by facsimile) and found to be in order by the Executive by 12.00 noon on the day prior to the date of such match.

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde

41.2 Subject to Regulations 41.4 and 41.5, a Player will only be eligible to play in a match organised by The League if the appropriate forms for his registration or the transfer of his registration (other than those referred to in Regulation 41.3) are received (including by facsimile) and found to be in order by the Executive by 12.00 noon on the day prior to the date of such match.

So it went through before 12 then..?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
So it went through before 12 then..?

I just thought I'd copy the rule about when players sign as, should anyone be signed today, someone will ask if he can play tomorrow. I have no idea whether any signings we might make today would be eligible or not. I would suspect 'not'.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

We were never going to setup to attack tomorrow anyway - Hughton made a point in his pre match briefing to highlight the quality of their midfield, so I'd suggest we'll play an extra midfielder to negate this anyway.

2 wingers will suffice this week :)

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I just thought I'd copy the rule about when players sign as, should anyone be signed today, someone will ask if he can play tomorrow. I have no idea whether any signings we might make today would be eligible or not. I would suspect 'not'.

Naylor is saying the signing will be too late to play tomorrow so I suspect if the deal is done it wasn't completed until after the noon cut off.

That said isn't the loan cut off a bit later, so we could sign him on loan to play tomorrow and complete the transfer on Monday on a permanent basis.

Dan The Man

Sep 27, 2011
Mile Oak
according to piece in Argus, deadline has passed to be eligible for tomorrows game.

Wonder if the deal has been done or it's not too late to send COG back the other way?

Fantastic news - think he will be fans favourite very quickly

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Naylor is saying the signing will be too late to play tomorrow so I suspect if the deal is done it wasn't completed until after the noon cut off.

Yep. As I said I just posted it because someone will ask, should we sign anyone today.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
We were never going to setup to attack tomorrow anyway - Hughton made a point in his pre match briefing to highlight the quality of their midfield, so I'd suggest we'll play an extra midfielder to negate this anyway.

2 wingers will suffice this week :)

Agreed - I'm expecting Kayal, Stephens and Ince (which is a pretty ****ing good midfield)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here