Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Arsenal fans acting the big time cockney geezers

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
They weren't very loud and the ones I met were pretty disrespectful. As soon as one made a gay referance to me outside the Harvey's stall, I asked him if he would like a kicking from a 'gay boy' like me? At which point he went quiet and walked off with 2 other morons. They mirrored that as a group too, as soon as the Albion scored or our crowd got going, they shut up and went quiet. Strange bunch.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Yes how weird was that. The worst one I saw was this scraggy looking woman in her early 50s with an appalling bleached mop of blonde hair. She was walking up to the ground from the station with a bunch of guys in much younger and seemed to be putting on some geezer cockney accent. It was the usual gay references that got my goat.
If it's the same one I saw she soon shut up when I told her that waking up next to her would make me turn gay.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Most of them will never know what it feels like to support their local team, to have it in your blood. Arsenal are just one of those clubs that attract 'fans'.

Being a Brighton fan is definitely not about glory, It's about community, its pride in the town (it was a town when I was younger) where you grow up. Brighton may not have a history of trophies but its has a proud one none the less. We have had to fight for everything we have. Arsenals fans chose their team because they are good side, if they are ever in trouble or have a run of games were they loose more then two in a row they will support something else. Completely different type of fan.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
The ones we were with ON the train were fine. The ones in the queue – who targeted half and half scarf boy with his Dad(?) – were tiresome. Group mentality I guess, when a bunch start singing, plenty more join in.

As has been said, you probably get it with Albion fans everywhere too.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
because half of them that bang on about 'plastics' are post euro 96 "footie" fans who got into football through watching baddies and skinner in fantasy football league, they're using it as a bit of reverse psychology :lolol:

Highbury was 38k sell out every game until Emirates and more prior when not all seated. Arsenal often win the highest away following in the top flight competition. They have alwAys had a huge following back to & beyond Alex James's days in the 30's.
They may have 100x our following on Twitter 5m v 50k but that's not a bad thing now is it?

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Being a Brighton fan is definitely not about glory, It's about community, its pride in the town (it was a town when I was younger) where you grow up. Brighton may not have a history of trophies but its has a proud one none the less. We have had to fight for everything we have. Arsenals fans chose their team because they are good side, if they are ever in trouble or have a run of games were they loose more then two in a row they will support something else. Completely different type of fan.
im struggling to recall ever seeing a more sanctimonious load of bollox posted on NSC, Try quoting your view of arsenal ( BTW I'm Chelsea and detest them) around Islington/Finsbury park/holloway etc , you really haven't got a clue , out of the so called top teams I'd say that arsenal definitely have a higher percentage of local , longstanding fans , they might be wankers but nowhere near as many tourists or jcl's as Chelsea, Man utd or Liverpool , I'd bet my bottom dollar you don't go regularly or are a more recent 'fan' with all this rubbish you've spouted , either way your post is a load of crap.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Highbury was 38k sell out every game until Emirates and more prior when not all seated. Arsenal often win the highest away following in the top flight competition. They have alwAys had a huge following back to & beyond Alex James's days in the 30's.
They may have 100x our following on Twitter 5m v 50k but that's not a bad thing now is it?
i was on about Brighton and some of their fans obsession with so called plastics.

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011

To be fair, they are in a great position travel-wise for that.

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
Yes how weird was that. The worst one I saw was this scraggy looking woman in her early 50s with an appalling bleached mop of blonde hair. She was walking up to the ground from the station with a bunch of guys in much younger and seemed to be putting on some geezer cockney accent. It was the usual gay references that got my goat.

It was the bestiality references that really upset my sheep

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
All I saw about the place was a few mouthy Arsenal scarfers pissed up and singing a few songs. Not sure why the OP wanted some lads to turn up to do over some bobble hats. ???

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
Have people forgotten the thousands in the Albion stands who only turned up because we were playing Arsenal...?

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
im struggling to recall ever seeing a more sanctimonious load of bollox posted on NSC, Try quoting your view of arsenal ( BTW I'm Chelsea and detest them) around Islington/Finsbury park/holloway etc , you really haven't got a clue , out of the so called top teams I'd say that arsenal definitely have a higher percentage of local , longstanding fans , they might be wankers but nowhere near as many tourists or jcl's as Chelsea, Man utd or Liverpool , I'd bet my bottom dollar you don't go regularly or are a more recent 'fan' with all this rubbish you've spouted , either way your post is a load of crap.

Yes I have only supported Brighton for about 30 years, so I don't have a clue. It's not a load of crap I have two Arsenal fans in my work place, none of them live or lived anywhere near those areas, just chose Arsenal because they were good. So wind you neck in.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Yes I have only supported Brighton for about 30 years, so I don't have a clue. It's not a load of crap I have two Arsenal fans in my work place, none of them live or lived anywhere near those areas, just chose Arsenal because they were good. So wind you neck in.
yeah sorry, my mistake , you've got two arsenal fans in your workplace who only chose them just because they're good , I'll make sure to discount the thousands of them that live, come from, or have solid roots in North/East London, they obviously didn't choose arsenal because they're local , oh no , they chose them because they're GOOD , it must be true, I have it on good authority from a bloke in Brighton.

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
yeah sorry, my mistake , you've got two arsenal fans in your workplace who only chose them just because they're good , I'll make sure to discount the thousands of them that live, come from, or have solid roots in North/East London, they obviously didn't choose arsenal because they're local , oh no , they chose them because they're GOOD , it must be true, I have it on good authority from a bloke in Brighton.

What are you on about? I know Islington/Finsbury Park/Camden very well and while of course the locals "support" Arsenal, a comparatively low percentage of real locals can afford a season ticket at the Emirates. As with all the big 4 London clubs a very large proportion of their fans travel a long way; with Arsenal the bulk come in from Essex, Hertfordshire and Middx.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
What are you on about? I know Islington/Finsbury Park/Camden very well and while of course the locals "support" Arsenal, a comparatively low percentage of real locals can afford a season ticket at the Emirates. As with all the big 4 London clubs a very large proportion of their fans travel a long way; with Arsenal the bulk come in from Essex, Hertfordshire and Middx.
what the Fvck are YOU on about ? I know the area very well too, and I know loads that are regulars there, the ones that come in from Essex, Hertfordshire etc all grew up in Bethnal green/Islington/Camden area.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here