Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Reasons Worthing is a great place to live

dibsy

Jul 26, 2004
Shoreham By Sea
Not sure abut great place to live but to visit it is good, especially because of free parking (yes free!) on a Sunday, the Lido with it's 50P Star wars game and the pier with it's £1.50 2 flake ice cream.

joeywortho

Jun 3, 2013
ahh Worthing how I love thee

I love the fact that I have an actual house in a nice part of town, something that I simply could not come close to having in Brighton
I love the fact that in the 4 years I have been here there are so many more places worth going now in town. The Wandering Goose, The Alehouse and Kitchen, Beach House
and even better, just round corner from me I have the mighty Brookstead alehouse, spice thai kitchen and the pantry
I love the fact that I can walk to 2 cinemas which, if monday for the Dome or wednesday for the connaught I can pay £3 to watch any film whilst having a beer (a mate of mind paid £12 to see a film during the day in Brighton recently...)
I can drive and park with minimum of hassle
There are lack of annoying hills to walk up
The beach and prom are wonderful, went for swim at lunch today and even had a bit of sand to lie on
2p arcades are ace for kids
The hospital again is so much less hassle to go to than the Royal Sussex
Nightlife improving vastly, The Charlatans, Grandmaster Flash, The Horrors, DJ Fresh etc
I love the fact that it has the great hardcore heritage of sterns
And of course I still need Brighton but its so easy on the train and as for cabs home, no no, the power of the £6 nightbus!

It makes me laugh when people cuss this wonderful town, I am so so happy here

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
oh and of course the mighty Rebels who are, finally, on the up
I used to like the club house behind the goal, where you could get a pint instantly at H/T F/T or during a game if it was boring and watch the TV to see all the football scores including the Albion of course.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I'm being treating to a tour of Worthing hostelries later this month as a guest of [MENTION=292]thedonkeycentrehalf[/MENTION] and a few other members of my Man Squad

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Our wonderful local rag obviously has little info to impart to us, as it is carrying a bit of a non story about some bloke whose business has failed in Worthing. Doesn't really highlight the fact that he has also had failed businesses in two other southern towns. I actually quite like Worthing, although perhaps I am beginning to 'grow' into it.......

http://www.theargus.co.uk/news/1418...ed_to_drift_and_become_a_forgotten_backwater/

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I like Worthing. You can fish on the pier......... Not like poncey Brighton. Seaside town......shocking.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
The wife and I love Worthing and often drive down on a Sunday, for lunch at the Sea Lanes Cafe, and a look at the sea.

It crossed our minds to move down that way last year, but with the wife working at Gatwick, we thought it would make the commute a little bit too far.

We still feel we have a move left in us though, so maybe it would be a great place to retire to in the future.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I'm being treating to a tour of Worthing hostelries later this month as a guest of [MENTION=292]thedonkeycentrehalf[/MENTION] and a few other members of my Man Squad

Try to go to the Selden Arms near the hospital, a good array of 6-7 real ales, several craft ales and bottled Belgians. Another worth checking out is Brooksteed Alehouse near Worthing station, 4 rolling guest ales plus 2-3 rolling guest ciders and perry's plus bottled Belgians if you can't find anything you like.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Try to go to the Selden Arms near the hospital, a good array of 6-7 real ales, several craft ales and bottled Belgians. Another worth checking out is Brooksteed Alehouse near Worthing station, 4 rolling guest ales plus 2-3 rolling guest ciders and perry's plus bottled Belgians if you can't find anything you like.

130 bottled Belgiums at the last count. Some good taps providing Burning Sky's La Provision isn't on because that can destroy you. Curry night in there Friday and the winter beer festival over the last weekend in January with some real newcomers.
If that's the weekend your coming over HT you might not want to leave.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Used to be (even) better when the Manor Ground hosted Sussex CCC..............but we are going back into the 60s.
As for bands, well Bowie was there in the 70s!
The rugby side is pretty good if you like that shape of ball.
There are 3 decent running clubs (Striders, Goring Road Runners, Harriers).
The 2 FE/6th Form colleges have flashy new/upgraded campuses.
Tarring Village has 3 decent places to drink (and is a bit of a gem).
Ferring is a good place to die.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
7 (seven) funeral director firms based in the town, according to Harty on Pointless earlier.

Choice AND value :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here