Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Has Brighton reached "peak" burger and craft beer?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Those chicken wings are to die for as well.
[MENTION=19321]Pogue Mahone[/MENTION] and myself almost did die....due to my ordering error.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Enjoyed some fantastic food in Berlin recently. It's always been a good city for food in my experience, especially the Polish and Russian eateries. Great for Asian food too.

I recently moved back to Brighton and will be here for a couple of months, I I tend to spend that time checking out the many new eateries in town and rediscovering some of my old favourites. Hmmmm, is it to rainy to head out and look for a good burger right now?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
They weren't wrong when they said it was served with lettuce. Have they heard of a knife in that kitchen?

Very little refinement or finesse by the look of it

It's rustic :wink:

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Went to Five Guys in Leicester Square a few weeks back.

Burger, fries and milkshake x 2.................£32.00 :eek:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Stella is best before both a fight and a flight.
Also, if you are going to be luzzing stuff at football Stella and 1664 aid decision making in key areas like trajectory and weight ratio. Craft beers cant do this as they enhance beard growth and turn your wrists limp, everyone knows beardies throw like girls

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Not a big fan of either to be honest. A burger is only a burger no matter how you try to ramp it up. I had a burger from the place in the arcade Worthing that advertised itself as a " Gourmet " burger shop... it was just a burger with a sauce/filling of your choice and was remarkably average apart from the price. The shop has since shut down I think. Once again we are the victims of clever marketing, it's a chance to push the price up for a cheap and easy to produce product.

I stopped a while back at a little independent burger shop for a cheeseburger and chips to take away and the owner presented my plastic bag with the comment " Enjoy your meal sir " .. I thought there had been some sort of cock up in the order at first as I did not order a meal.. just a quick scoff.

As for Craft Beer, I don't bother now, I'd rather have a nice pint from one of the huge number of local brewers rather than something brewed with Icelandic glacier water and a combination of 7 organic grown hops at £5.00 a half.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here