Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Probably grinning at all the results coming in showing leave was edging to victory.
Didn’t the BBC call it and announce a leave victory only an hour later?

Grinning the polling data was correct and his Euro salary and investments had just increased by 15% as sterling hemorrhaged

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
So tomorrow is the day were the people who voted Brexit finally find out what they voted for.

It's tomorrow that Theresa May is due to present our plans for borders and trade to the EU in order to begin the negotiations, so what do we reckon, a bespoke customs union or Max Fac ? (The fact that the technology doesn't exist for Max Fac and the EU has already said no to a bespoke customs union shouldn't prove any problem for 'the bloody difficult woman').

Or, perish the thought, another delay and fudge as the further extensions of EU membership on worse terms creep ever closer ?

Tick-tock :lolol:

This almost certainly, expect the can to have a real good kick down the road yet again.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
You still can't find the post that you constantly claim I made where I said that we weren't leaving the EU
You dont deny ever conveying Brexit wont happen and we will remain in the EU,like you did, your lack of denial is a good enough admission for me

You still can't find the post that you constantly claim Thunder Bolt made stating that we could have controls at our borders of quotas and visas the same as non EU members

i already posted that quote where she said we have always had control of our borders, ill post it again if you like, i never said she had said we could have quotas and visas as non EU citizens. I have explained to her Border controls means having these protocols, she obviously agrees as she posted something yesterday( or the day before) showing how we could have quotas.......the only problem was it was info on non EU citizens not EU citizens......she is either still looking or given up by now.

You still can't find the post that you constantly claim Harry Wilson's tackle gave you a thumbs up after putting you on ignore
No one ever asked me to find it, i said it once, not constantly. If he wants to know ill try and remember where it was, why the fvck should you care anyway, you are sounding more and more a bit mental like him though.

Get some specs and try to understand what is being written

Last edited:

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
So tomorrow is the day were the people who voted Brexit finally find out what they voted for.

It's tomorrow that Theresa May is due to present our plans for borders and trade to the EU in order to begin the negotiations, so what do we reckon, a bespoke customs union or Max Fac ? (The fact that the technology doesn't exist for Max Fac and the EU has already said no to a bespoke customs union shouldn't prove any problem for 'the bloody difficult woman').

Or, perish the thought, another delay and fudge as the further extensions of EU membership on worse terms creep ever closer ?

Tick-tock :lolol:

Small point of order but it's already known the cabinet 'war' meeting is the 6th July so I'm not sure why you keep mentioning tomorrow.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Mrs The Clamp got the chance for a last minute trip to Italy this week. Her passport has less than three months until renewal. Being an EU citizen of course, this posed absolutely no problem. As opposed to next year when she would not have been able to go. Just another one of the everyday negatives of Brexit that will pile up and pile up. Sigh.

Butch Willykins

Jun 17, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea
Mrs The Clamp got the chance for a last minute trip to Italy this week. Her passport has less than three months until renewal. Being an EU citizen of course, this posed absolutely no problem. As opposed to next year when she would not have been able to go. Just another one of the everyday negatives of Brexit that will pile up and pile up. Sigh.

Just renew your passports in good time you pair of plums.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade

Off to Vilamoura Portugal tomorrow, looking forward to it. Couple of rounds of golf and some nice port

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Just renew your passports in good time you pair of plums.

I knew that would be the exact response. Yes, all well and good except for reasons I won't go into on here she couldn't renew it promptly. My point, which you have (deliberately?) failed to grasp, is that, at present, should there be something that prevents one from renewing in time then as an EU citizen it is no hassle. As opposed to next year when it will be a hassle. Well, more than a hassle, it will be impossible. See?

Butch Willykins

Jun 17, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea
I knew that would be the exact response. Yes, all well and good except for reasons I won't go into on here she couldn't renew it promptly. My point, which you have (deliberately?) failed to grasp, is that, at present, should there be something that prevents one from renewing in time then as an EU citizen it is no hassle. As opposed to next year when it will be a hassle. Well, more than a hassle, it will be impossible. See?

It’s not hassle though is it. Many countries require passports to have at least 6 months left on them. Or do you only visit EU countries ?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
It’s not hassle though is it. Many countries require passports to have at least 6 months left on them. Or do you only visit EU countries ?

Heavens above, you're being deliberately obtuse. Yes, in the circumstance of a quick, last minute short break, having a passport with approaching renewal date would be a hassle or impossible as a non EU citizen. And she wasn't offered a trip outside the EU, she was offered a trip to an EU country, do you see?
Trips outside of the EU for us, would be largely planned in advance and passports renewed in plenty of time etc.

I haven't said all travel is a hassle or impossible, I'm just giving a small example of how leaving the EU is gonna be a hassle.

But you know what I'm saying.

Last edited:

Butch Willykins

Jun 17, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea
Heavens above, you're being deliberately obtuse. Yes, in the circumstance of a quick, last minute short break, having a passport with approaching renewal date would be a hassle or impossible as a non EU citizen.
Trips outside of the EU for us, would be largely planned in advance and passports renewed in plenty of time etc.

I haven't said all travel is a hassle or impossible, I'm just giving a small example of how leaving the EU is gonna be a hassle.

But you know what I'm saying.

Your example is shite and will only be an issue for the unorganised or the thick.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here