Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Nottingham Forest vs Brighton & Hove Albion **** Official Match Day Thread ****

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
It's not the end of the story is it? I only was able to watch the second half, but he was offside several times, even when he was interchanging by the touchline, just schoolboy errors. He fluffed his shots every time. And that last effort, Paddy gave him every opportunity to get it right, but he had no clue how far offside he was, and he finished it off with a shocking effort that was never going in anyway. That is not a good game.

You forget that with his back to goal, he is utterly, utterly appalling. He's got no strength and his first touch is awful. If he can't stay onside I just don't really see the point, may as well play someone who can hold it up and/or finish.

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
Build up to CMS chance and final whistle

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
has anyone explained the off-side rule to cms..???

I don't know that anyone at the club is familiar with it. We've been offside 19 times this season, we've caught our opponents offside twice. Last season it was 118/33, season before it was 97 to 20.

It doesn't help when you have Greer urging everyone to step up, to keep a high line, then the moment he's got Bruno, Dunk and Bennett in a line 5 yards outside our box, Greer drops back into the area and plays everyone onside. It's the one criticism I have of him this season. I found him quite flawed last season, with this tactic being one of the many reasons, this season I have been much more impressed, but he still does it.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
ok, as long as it makes sense in your head :thumbsup:

Nice sarcasm..but I'll end it there ..I'd rather concentrate on a well earned point at what were the top of the table side..whether people think it's a false position or not..fact remains that's where they were ..first time they've failed to score at home? Or am I wrong

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Nice sarcasm..but I'll end it there ..I'd rather concentrate on a well earned point at what were the top of the table side..whether people think it's a false position or not..fact remains that's where they were ..first time they've failed to score at home? Or am I wrong

I'd imagine everyone is happy about a point away to the league leaders, it doesn't escape the fact that we could have had 3 with a goal scorer in the team.

DavePage

We keep calling for a target man or proven goal scorer.
Unless we learn to control the weight of the pass, it doesn’t matter who we put up front.
Envious of Forest in the first half, they played as a team when attacking or defending.
We played well in the second half, having held our own in the first.
Maybe that’s why CMS is offside so often he has to gain a couple of yards to get anywhere near the through ball.
Colunga looked lost, really.
Think the players go down too easy on slight contact, if the ref isn’t buying it, it just leaves you vulnerable.
Sorry, but still frustrated with Lua Lua when runs from the half and you know he’s going to shoot from outside the box. How many times has he scored from that?
A fair result in the end, but let’s not bang on about a target man…because the ball wouldn’t get to him.
Still early days, both the team and manager have a steep leaning curve to get over.
So it’s best to right the season off and be pleasantly surprised with how close to the top we are, at the end of the season.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I do think it was a good result but Forest are in a false position at the moment. They are a playoff team at best.

A false position? They've got the top goal scorer and have already scored 12 goals at home this season. Give credit to the Albion for keeping a clean sheet.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
For all those asking, Sami said in an interview after the match that Baldock had a minor injury that he picked up or felt in training yesterday, and didn't want to risk him. He said it wasn't a problem.

smillie's garden

Am I evil?
Aug 11, 2003
Pointless stat alert:

This is the first time this season we took more points than in the equivalent fixture last season. By equivalent fixture I mean match number 9. Last season our ninth match was a loss (away to Ipswich), this season a draw. Previous results this season have matched or been worse than last season's equivalent matches.

I won't argue with you, that is a pointless stat :thumbsup:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
RE CMS

Last season, like it or not, Sturridge and Welbeck were England's best strikers.

Sturridge was deemed to be quality all season.
Welbeck missed a million chances.

Yet they had identical strike rates - 25%.

That'll be 1 in 4 shots.

Once again it would seem second division CMS is expected to be the best striker in the country.
Even though the supply into him is at best (very best) second division.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here