Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Harveys = £4.20?

Black Rod

Jan 19, 2013
£4.50 for a bottle of beer at Hampden for commonwealth games. Pies the same.

That is the price at an intenational athletics event with some of the best athletes on the planet competing.

This is the price for Brighton v Rotherham United

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
That is the price at an intenational athletics event with some of the best athletes on the planet competing.

This is the price for Brighton v Rotherham United

I think you'll find these prices are the same at most stadiums. All stadia prices are marked up, most of the time you get a shite 1/2 pint plastic bottle for the price of our pint.

Black Rod

Jan 19, 2013
I think you'll find these prices are the same at most stadiums. All stadia prices are marked up, most of the time you get a shite 1/2 pint plastic bottle for the price of our pint.

Most stadiums don't make a song and dance about getting people there early and leaving late to eat and drink due to their sustainable transport plan depending on it

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I don't know, how much is a pukka pie in most grounds? £2.50? And they are rank. I'd much rather pay £4 for a nice pie. Also, it's much easier for the fans to control the price of a pie. Eat before you get to the ground and don't buy them if they are too much, and the club will have to drop the price. Pints are a different story because it's harder to not have them at the ground for a lot if people!
Pukka pies are wonderful!

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Think I'll get the bus to the Hare and Hounds after a game. Decent range of beers and great food. I don't really like Harvey's or any of the others and cannot imagine paying 4.20 for a beer.
The Hare and Hounds is probably the most expensive pub in Brighton :shrug:

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
They have tested the waters with previous price rises. This one might just be the limit. I stopped buying the program, now I sometimes don't buy food and maybe now I'll leave earlier and have a beer at home. It's all fine until you get the feeling you're being taken. This is just on the limit now. Another rise next year and that's me out of buying beers.
The funny thing is it could potentially damage atmosphere. You only need a few hundred deciding not to buy drink in the ground before the game and how much do you affect atmosphere?
Cheaper beer=more fans drinking=better louder atmosphere.
I really think the club are going backward with this price rise. What's next a loan shark or mobile phone shop sponsor? £5 Fosters and sponsored substitutes? I mean we aren't that far away from that now are we? Push prices over that in pubs and you get the feeling fans are subsidising the club. Harvey's is 80-40p cheaper all over Sussex at the very least. I'm disappointed that Harvey's allow Bhafc to charge that much for their beer.

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The Hare and Hounds is probably the most expensive pub in Brighton :shrug:

The quality is there and I think it's a fair price for what you get.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here