Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Elbows Jedinak

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
There is a lot of BHA fans on here who obviously don't remember Brian Horton..a player who would not give two figs about the odd late tackle elbow, pinch or wind up. But a great club captain for it, was he not?

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
There is a lot of BHA fans on here who obviously don't remember Brian Horton..a player who would not give two figs about the odd late tackle elbow, pinch or wind up. But a great club captain for it, was he not?

A captain , who could mix it , led by example and didn't give a inch when his club needed him . Ring any bells ?

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012

double post .

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
image.jpg

Watch out Andy, here comes trouble !

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
A captain , who could mix it , led by example and didn't give a inch when his club needed him . Ring any bells ?

If only Nobby (the younger version, obviously) were playing for us tonight, with Paul Clark with him in the midfield.

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
How long do you think Paul Clark would last in these 'not allowed to strongly tackle' days?

Back then, players knew how to tackle, hard, but fair, and, when tackled, opponents did not roll around as if they had been shot.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Only in the same way some posters on here are tarring the whole football club of palace, Players, managers and fans as thugs, because of a silly action of one player caught trying to elbow (and missing BTW) a fellow pro in the heat of a game
I didn't know he missed. Can you post a video to show he missed?

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
The fact is the game has moved on but Jedi hasn't, or at least didn't. Only right he takes time off. If palace were a proper club they would have fined him by now.

Northern Monkey

Dec 5, 2012
Unless we've never had players sent off for violent conduct I'm not sure we can afford to be too judgemental. Yes, what Jedinak did was stupid and he fully deserves his ban, but let's not get too carried away heaping opprobrium on his shoulders as next week it could be one of our players actions being questioned. Would we all be quite as self-righteous then I wonder?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Not always, you may recall Wenger (I didn't see it), actually after years of mocking, coming out in the end to highlight an incident was 'unfortunate', and a number of others calling it how it is.

I do take your point though and in the vast majority managers do defend their player, just staggered that Pardew chose to defend something so blatant. Perhaps would have gained more credibility, if he had 'hoped Jedinak will learn from it' or similar. As the Palace fans have even highlighted it was wrong and they anticipate a ban.

I actually think he has a point, the elbow correctly got him a ban - but the media does drive the FA when it comes to bans- the witch hunter for Costa after the stamp was way ott.

The FA need to have a black and white system with after game suspensions, at the moment it's all so meh, which doesn't shock me. It's the FA

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Unless we've never had players sent off for violent conduct I'm not sure we can afford to be too judgemental. Yes, what Jedinak did was stupid and he fully deserves his ban, but let's not get too carried away heaping opprobrium on his shoulders as next week it could be one of our players actions being questioned. Would we all be quite as self-righteous then I wonder?
He's palace so it's fair game.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012

Speaking only for myself; Absolutely.

I'd probably be harsher towards an Albion player if I'm honest, to do something that stupid, vindictive and selfish would mean a ban for one of our players at a time when we want all hands to the pump.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Then let's hope none of our players ever give that lot up the road a chance to reciprocate, there are more than a few precious souls on this board who would be mightily upset were they to point out any hypocrisy from us.
It's the bread and butter of internet football forums.

:)

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
But it's not a surprise with Jedinak, he's a dirty player, so people are saying so, that's all. If it had been another Palace player there wouldn't be the same reaction.

Harry H

Comfortably numb.
Aug 11, 2010
It was no worse than the headbutt by Ivanovic but if you don't play for Chelsea you get hammered.
If you play for Chelsea you get your ban reduced.(Matic)

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
But it's not a surprise with Jedinak, he's a dirty player, so people are saying so, that's all. If it had been another Palace player there wouldn't be the same reaction.
Yep. He was throwing elbows against our players left, right and centre when we played them. I'm glad it's finally caught up with him. Thug.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here