Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BensGrandad

flying high

May 12, 2009
He has been banned 3 times in the past couple of months 1 of which was lifted by the mod as being too hasty but all as a result of totting up. He has admiited the post about paedo and apologised for posting it but can do no more about that.

bennibenj

Mar 6, 2011
Sompting
He has been banned 3 times in the past couple of months 1 of which was lifted by the mod as being too hasty but all as a result of totting up. He has admiited the post about paedo and apologised for posting it but can do no more about that.

But the reaction he got to that comment, must have served as a 'reality check' to him. BUT it seemed to do the opposite.

Your BG aren't you?

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
No I am not but know him and his affiliation with Brighton more than most.

If thats true and i have no cause to doubt you , i would as a mate ask him if he needs any sort of help , from his posts over the last few months there is more than a hint of some sort of mental problem / illness starting to rear its ugly head , i think as a collective messageboard its easy to just write somebody off as a grumpy old git but in BGs case i hope it is simply that and a ban will be sufficent but im not so sure and as a collective message board i think we are more than aware of previous posters that have suffered with depression / mental illness and a ban from here is insignificant with the problems these people maybe suffering , im no quack and probably talking horseshit but rather have a grumpy old git still around rather than not all because nobody bothered to offer any help whatsoever .

flying high

May 12, 2009
Perhaps you should read my last post. He is wrongly being taken to task over this and his views.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
If thats true and i have no cause to doubt you , i would as a mate ask him if he needs any sort of help , from his posts over the last few months there is more than a hint of some sort of mental problem / illness starting to rear its ugly head , i think as a collective messageboard its easy to just write somebody off as a grumpy old git but in BGs case i hope it is simply that and a ban will be sufficent but im not so sure and as a collective message board i think we are more than aware of previous posters that have suffered with depression / mental illness and a ban from here is insignificant with the problems these people maybe suffering , im no quack and probably talking horseshit but rather have a grumpy old git still around rather than not all because nobody bothered to offer any help whatsoever .
I honestly wouldn't worry. He has been spouting weird stuff for years

http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?38598-Can-someone-please-explain-to-simple-old-me/page3

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
And for those that aren't aware, this is the reason that many believe he has been critical of DK, TB et al. He denies it. Make of it what you will.

To kill this other story off let me say I was involved with a group of men who were interested in buying BHA and due to financial controls were prepared to deposit £80m into my bank account once negotiations had treached an advanced stage to purchase the club. My commission would have been the interest that it accrued during the time (3 months) that it was in my account. They had sort proffesional advice about Beeding and had spoken with the relevant council and it was a a viable proposition. After attending a breakfast meeting with BA at The Savoy, which I also attended, they decided against following it through. This was mainly due to the conditions that BA placed upon the deal. As a result of this I had a disllike for DK. However as time has moved on I have pushed that dislike aside and realised the good that he has done for the club but not ignored his faults.

I hope that the likes of TLO can now do as I have done and move on and incidentally I am not a pissed fantasist as I very rarely drink now.

I am more excted by the prospects of the new stadium and the results that Gus Poyet may be able to produce.

Anyway, I must stop playing with Bozza's tip on searching via Google and linking to old threads. Back to lurking.

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
Did he really get banned just for those comments The minute's silence today.:ohmy:

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
How mods can be bothered to keep explaining decisions to people about one poster beggars belief. Is it really that big of a deal? Who gives a shit?

flying high

May 12, 2009
I know who that consortium was but am not prepared to go into it further but it was a genuine attempt to buy the club from Archer using BG as the front man because of his known affiliation with the club. He wouldnt thank me if I disclosed names so lets close that chapter in life.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
For example there is a significant difference between posting:

"Paul Barber is a mass murderer of babies, kittens and puppies", and "Paul Barber is NOT a mass murderer of babies, kittens and puppies".

Well which is it? I think you should clarify here, as otherwise I might have to delete your post and give you an infraction, in case he sues.

I'm not TELLING.............but it's the one that is best for the club from an FFP perspective.

The cheapest option, one assumes, as with everything the club does.

Well, you haven't actually said whether he is or not, but the implications are clear for all to see. Clearly, in the cause of complying with FFP, the club cannot justify the expenditure on bulk supplies of Kit-e-Kat to sustain surplus resources which do not contribute to the revenue streams, so obviously he................

Mods starting rumours! Scandalous! - an instant ban is called for I think!

.....or shall I just tell Glasfryn?

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
I thought we weren't supposed to start threads about other posters, so why has this thread been allowed to malinger on?

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
I thought we weren't supposed to start threads about other posters, so why has this thread been allowed to malinger on?

This

Not saying was he has said in the past is right or wrong but their does seem to be a lot of posters that do get on his case.

EDIT
And this forum has not helped

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

I agree. It's not doing anybody any good, discussing someone's character or opinions, in this way.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here