Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mother of 8 kids can't survive on £2,000 a month benefits

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
If you have kids then you're responsible to bring them up. Sometimes things happen and that's where Welfare is there to support, not to fund a lifetime of living instead of work.

Could not agree more with that statement. Welfare is supposed to be there as a safety net, a last resort, not as a supplement to fund a chosen lifestyle.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Nicely timed piece to keep the poor in-fighting to distract them from the tax avoidance of the rich and corporations, and to distract from the recent 'tax cuts for the rich, benefits cuts for the poor' budget.

This in spades. My guess is that if you investigated this further the story probably would be all it seemed anyway.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I was watching a post budget report on the BBC following the reaction and ongoing effect for a couple on benefits with two kids, she complained that the cap on child benefit would stop them having more children as they wouldn't be able to afford it…

I don't know what she means ''she cant afford to have any more kids'' - I cant afford her to have any more kids. After all, I am paying for them and didn't get any pleasure making them

easynow

Mar 17, 2013
jakarta
Do we really want a system where families can be enticed to have more than 2 kids when they have no financial security other than government handouts? I'm all for couples having as many children as they want, but you have to put measures in place to prevent people thinking: more children = a little more benefits.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
can you give an example of the said mysogyny ??

image.jpg

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
This in spades. My guess is that if you investigated this further the story probably would be all it seemed anyway.

Getting to live in Oz from the UK is not for those at the bottom of society though is it?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Could Ian Duncan Smith survive on his own on £2,000 a month ?.... probably not but hey, he won't ever have to ...

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
£2000 per month between nine people (her and children) = £222 each per month each = £7.40 per day each = 12.3 Kitcats per day each - which does not sound much of a luxury lifestyle to me.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I'm more concerned about the amount we send abroad at £80 per child and this was 3 years ago...shocking :nono:

That was before Romania had full accession rights , Poland for certain wont be at the top of the list any more.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Could not agree more with that statement. Welfare is supposed to be there as a safety net, a last resort, not as a supplement to fund a chosen lifestyle.

If a MP loses his/her seat there is a payment of £46,000 to help him/her cope with the shock of having to find work again... strangely, MP's have not voted to reduce this or cancel this altogether despite us still being in times of austerity and " all in this together " ?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
If a MP loses his/her seat there is a payment of £46,000 to help him/her cope with the shock of having to find work again... strangely, MP's have not voted to reduce this or cancel this altogether despite us still being in times of austerity and " all in this together " ?

Agree more with that post, the MPs need to take a look at themselves. However, slightly off-topic and the issue regarding this woman and benefits remains.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Getting to live in Oz from the UK is not for those at the bottom of society though is it?

Traditionally yes it is. Those convicts were hardly the cream of the crop.

Although I don't really see how this is relevant.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
£2000 per month between nine people (her and children) = £222 each per month each = £7.40 per day each = 12.3 Kitcats per day each - which does not sound much of a luxury lifestyle to me.

And you think she divies up her 2 k equally do you, I would suggest she gets the lions share, I can smell the Richmond lights thru the iPhone I tell yah

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here