Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The best atmosphere EVER at the Amex

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
What **** put on Chumbawamba 60 seconds after the final whistle blew, drowning out heartfelt applause and singing towards the heroic efforts of the team.

Otherwise a brilliant night atmosphere wise.

This. The support at the end, although not as loud, was a wonderful spontaneous show of undying loyalty. Quite moving actually.
It was disappointing not to sell out but that didn't effect what was a brilliant atmosphere, one I'll never forget. Hope we'll be in a position to replicate it next season.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Also something should be said about the spontaneous round of applause at the final whistle ..people immediately rising to there feet showing real appreciation of what the team tried to do last night ...we all recognised how hard they worked for the cause.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
This. The support at the end, although not as loud, was a wonderful spontaneous show of undying loyalty. Quite moving actually.
It was disappointing not to sell out but that didn't effect what was a brilliant atmosphere, one I'll never forget. Hope we'll be in a position to replicate it next season.

Sorry didn't see your post ...entirely agree

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

Sorry to break up the fan love in, but you couldn't sell out your ground for a playoff semi final second leg? Yep great support

So what? Did that change the atmosphere? This thread isn't about how many were there, it is about the atmosphere created by those who were.. Do try and read the title and then try and join in with a witty or barbed (but relevant) snide remark.. "relevant" is the key word in case you're struggling...

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
And the way they clapped the attendance as if it was unusual after they has 12K more than their season average on Friday

This 'big club' business has been one of the more annoying aspects of the season - particularly the way it is routinely wheeled out as 'great news' that such and such club that won something once but has been shit for years is now 'back'. Yes, always great to see the same old proven failures at the top level again where they can have another crack at wasting their huge advantage by spunking a fortune up the wall.

Even though we tend to be in the top 3 for average attendances season in, season out the perception seems to be that we're just a poxy little team that played at an athletics stadium who have loads of fans now because we've got a nice ground. A lot of people seem to be confusing us with Reading and forgetting the huge crowds before the decline set in.

Last edited:

Saladpack Seagull

Just Shut Up and Paddle
People around me who never EVER sing were singing tonight.

The guy next to me did NOTHING all game except "ask" people in front to sit down by tapping them on the shoulder with his flag's stick! Must have been an old West Stander from the Goldstone! Why even go to the game if you just want to sit on your hands and look as excited as a dead amoeba? At one point I thought he might be a Wednesday fan but he was "with" what I assumed was his daughter, who WAS giving the team the desired support.......And this was in the North Stand FFS!

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Sorry to break up the fan love in, but you couldn't sell out your ground for a playoff semi final second leg? Yep great support

Good support that's there every week, rather than jumping on the bandwagon for a play-off semi as the Wednesday fans did. Check out the averages for the past few seasons.

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton

Yep, great support. We outnumbered your lot nearly all season at home. And you are Premier League. Great support in a depressing stadium.!!!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Agree with everything said - atmosphere incredible, team incredible, bad luck ridiculous, yet another refereeing error against us, PA a bit too loud!

The only thing I'd have changed (apart from the score line obviously :dunce: ) is that they didn't play SBTS at the start of the second half. Didn't feel right.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
The crowd and the team both proved what they are capable of last night (including fans not heading for the station after 85 minutes).

More of the same in future, please.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

Sorry to break up your sense of superiority but you exceeded your average crowd by almost 9,000 for your last match of the season, will those fans still be there when you are 6 points adrift next Christmas and Krankie is Mourinho's assistant somewhere after the next players revolt.

jabba

Jul 15, 2009
York
If we approached the Derby match with the same intent and support i can't help feeling that we would have been promoted by now.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

[emoji23]

Ridiculous, from a team that rarely sells out its stadium and is renowned as being a library for 90% of the time......

Aveacarlin'

Jul 5, 2011
I heard something on the tele, but it sounded more like a biscuit tin lid lol

The noise was phenomenal, best I've heard yet at the Amex
Some bloke hitting some metal panelling somewhere in The North. It's great when he starts it off but after one round of it he should stop and let the clapping take over. Just saying like.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Even though I feel gutted I was so proud to have been part of that crowd last hight.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Or next year "stand" into place because we--the Albion fans--stand or fall--with our team.

Not the f..uckers near me who pissed off at 85 mins. Fat bald headed **** and his fat ugly wife who couldn't wait to get to the chip shop no doubt. And there were others who were off early.
I was proud to be a Brighton fan last night, gutted yes but proud and would never have left that ground until every last player - and many were in tears - had gone down the tunnel.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here