Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Our recruitment why leave our business so late?

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Why is it so difficult to understand? Are people genuinely struggling with the concept? Even if we were prepared to offered 100k a week and upset the wage structure and balance of our entire squad, why would any player sign that deal early in the windows when he can hold out and squeeze 110k out of a different club? I don't see why people don't get it. It's not a difficult concept. Player power is everything and the club work incredibly hard to get deals over the line, only to get shafted by the player...see Lewis Grabban and Alex Pritchard for reference. Not having a perfect squad assembled early and on the cheap is not for the want of trying.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Its easy to understand.

Also, go on BBC Sport page now, in the last week new signings for Man Utd, Swansea, West Brom, Watford, Spurs, Huddersfield, Burnley. Plus almost every club saying the need more players. EVERY TEAM IS IN THE SAME BOAT.

Also (2), we signed Gross and Ryan and tied up Stephens to a new contract very early in the window, three of our key players for this season, and we had five new signings in our first XI of the season against Man City, 1 more than Huddersfield had in their first game. So it doesn't even stack up that we've left it late signing players.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
A central midfielder and a striker failing medicals. What are the odds? I'm keeping the faith, loads of time to sign players.

The central midfielder did turn up to the medical looking like:-

Mr-Bump.jpg

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
It is frustrating, that's for sure.

I must admit I saw the big benefit of earning promotion from the Championship early doors was that we would have a significant advantage in cracking on with recruitment.

Oh well :(

It wasn't just you. Conversely football writers and ex player pundits always say that the club that gets promoted in the Wembley play off final, have a massive disadvantage in the summer transfer window, for obvious timing reasons.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Great isn't it ?

One of the first clubs in the UK to gain promotion therefor we should have been ready for the transfer window to open but we are not. Two defeats, no goals and spunking our Premier league fortune all on overseas gambles.

Are people really that happy so far in what the club has done ? Ignoring [MENTION=24867]chaileyjem[/MENTION] it's been a pathetic summer.

People on here whinged when nearly every pundit had us relegated. We have the worse forward line in the Premier league AND BY SOME DISTANCE.

spence, if I can organise an all expenses paid trip to the far far reaches of the Amazon for this season would you go please :moo:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Buying players from a poor Dutch league is more of a worry. :shrug:

Still let's just enjoy the Premier League journey and hope we can survive. :)

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Yes, but that isn't the recruitment teams fault. Maybe we should be slagging off the physio and club doctor for not healing our players quicker.

Slag them off, I don't think so these are the saints able to get Baldock off his death bed and fit enough to train surf then run down West Street.

Gawd bless'em.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Slag them off, I don't think so these are the saints able to get Baldock off his death bed and fit enough to train surf then run down West Street.

Gawd bless'em.

Stat Brother, you seem to think everyone of your negative witterings is so fecking funny.
Believe me there are many that find your self indulgent posts fecking boring.
Stick to bicycles which is slightly less boring :moo:

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
There really are some utter morons following this club. I genuinely don't know how they get through the days. I'd love to know what these people do for jobs, and how they get on in the real world.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Who'd of thought we were promoted in April always Brighton two players failing a medical in one window lol never heard of that before

The difference is these days we are a professional setup so we do these things properly, find the problems, and don't sign the players. I don't understand how anyone can paint the club in a bad light in this situation.

Do you think Paul Kitson would have got through our current signing procedure? We won't make he mistakes we've made in the past, and how anyone can suggest that is a bad thing, I have no idea.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Huddersfield deserve praise. Their midfield is stronger than ours as was obvious last season. They have invested in a decent striker and they have won their opening 2 games. We would never win 3-0 at Palace with our current team.

Agree and they have a very energetic approach that means they'll score goals :)
We have very slow central midfielders who score and create jack shite and strikers that have less pace than a snail and if he ever gets fit baldock may add something.

Very very poor and boring tactics and the recruitment did jack shite for 3 months....

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;8088990 said:
But apart from Huddersfield, I think it's a fair assessment that the other 18 teams in this league all had stronger squads than us on July 1st.
Yes, but we still need to be chasing players that they also covet. Put it this way, we could easily and quickly fill a squad with players that aren't good enough for the other 18, but that way will lead to certain relegation.

And, as we need to get more of these players than, say, Stoke or Watford, its going to take us longer to do it

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here