Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
But the point is the UK is an economic success in the EU. 44% of our trade is with the EU and 56% with non EU but if we leave and we are not able to negotiate access to continue the level of trade with the EU then will the rest of the world pick up the slack so we don't take an economic hit that's the $64,000 question. For me the leavers are unable to demonstrate that. Why would we want to jeopardise our undoubted economic prosperity is quite frankly beyond me!

what happens if the EU economy tanks in the next few years, will we be able to replace trade with the rest of the world to pick up the slack? when the EU introduce regulations and law that treaten our properity, such as FTT , or increase payments to EU contributions to fund their recovery, how we we make up the ground else where in our economy? remaining in the EU is not a one way bet.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
I've realized that this thread has just become some sad late night meeting place for about a dozen of the same old posters. Do you all just rant at each other?

Sent from my iPhone in a non-Calde world :-(

You Sir are an affront to the remain campaign, just like HT, full of sarcasm.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
But the point is the UK is an economic success in the EU. 44% of our trade is with the EU and 56% with non EU but if we leave and we are not able to negotiate access to continue the level of trade with the EU then will the rest of the world pick up the slack so we don't take an economic hit that's the $64,000 question. For me the leavers are unable to demonstrate that. Why would we want to jeopardise our undoubted economic prosperity is quite frankly beyond me! That's where the leavers arguments fall down for me. However, maybe that's what they want an economic hit to our prosperity to make us less attractive to people wanting to come here that's probably the only way that they will control immigration! But its not "they" that will suffer but the ordinary person in the street that will take the hit!
We won't stop trading with the nations that are in the EU! How come you just can't understand that simple fact?

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Ey? So are you talking from Scotland's point of view now or just repeating the same tosh about the UK leaving the EU?

if you and I did business together but you decided it would be better for your business to trade wider afield, but I told you I'd **** you up if you left me, would you just capitulate?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No, I might say, let's work together and **** some other business.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
No, I might say, let's work together and **** some other business.

So you'd like to work with me still even though I've threatened you?

You'd be my puppet on a string? Who's business would you suggest we **** now we've stayed together?

The Americans? The Chinese?

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
So you think if Scotland voted to leave the UK we'd grind them into the dirt? You think that's what we are do you?

Bladders the man is a wind up merchant. He wants to irritate and belittle. Foolish guy.

brighton fella

Mar 20, 2009
Ha ha ha!

Yeah, I bet you'd have hung Sir Walter Raleigh for suggesting that we might go and trade with the rest of the world.

We've become a nation of little Englanders. Some of our great entrepreneurs and explorers - the ones that actually built the nation you are all so proud of - they'd be ashamed of Leave campaigners.

Get a grip and connect with the modern world in a modern way.

Little Englanders i detest that word, a word often used by those who have a tremendous loathing of everything and anything English. why don't your kind just do one if your not happy here.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Nope, but you lot get very jumpy at the idea of Jonny Foreigner competing with us outside of the EU.

who does? not heard of this concern from any where, you're making things up now.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
So you'd like to work with me still even though I've threatened you?

You'd be my puppet on a string? Who's business would you suggest we **** now we've stayed together?

The Americans? The Chinese?

You haven't threatened me. You've just said it how it is. Why should I be surprised by that.

I'll work with you, because believe me, the Chinese and Americans won't be pulling any punches. Ask the TTIP negotiators.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Little Englanders i detest that word, a word often used by those who have a tremendous loathing of everything and anything English. why don't your kind just do one if your not happy here.

I'm a Big Englander. You're a little Englander. How's that.

Big Englander. Pro our nation. Pro the best for it. On balance, in the EU.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
Given up already.? Do a bit of homework whilst I chat to [MENTION=24838]Bladders[/MENTION]

I'm not giving up Hamilton. Personally I think you are a moron and therefore do not wish to engage with someone so nasty, sarcastic and simply juvenile. Post away. From now on your not worth my time. :tosser:

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I'm not giving up Hamilton. Personally I think you are a moron and therefore do not wish to engage with someone so nasty, sarcastic and simply juvenile. Post away. From now on your not worth my time. :tosser:

Touché

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
After watching question time I've come to the conclusion it doesn't ****ing matter, the rich will stay rich and the poor will stay poor whatever happens, therefore I won't be bothering to vote.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

brighton fella

Mar 20, 2009
I'm a Big Englander. You're a little Englander. How's that.

Big Englander. Pro our nation. Pro the best for it. On balance, in the EU.

The traitor within more like. rid the country of your breed and we'd stand a decent chance of regaining what is rightfully ours,,,our sovereignty.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here