Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Team for Lincoln?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Not pedantic at all, I thought he was a right back. With Dunk, Duffy, Goldson and Uwe all decent and fit, we've surely brought him in primarily as a right back?

Yeah Hughton said he was cover for the full back positions, which surprised me a little, given that he's a centre back. Assume they were impressed by his performances filling in at full back for Chelsea's youth sides.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Not pedantic at all, I thought he was a right back. With Dunk, Duffy, Goldson and Uwe all decent and fit, we've surely brought him in primarily as a right back?

His only appearance for Chelsea was to come on for Ivanovic so I too assumed he was a right back.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Maenpaa; Hunt, Hunemeir, White, Adekugbe; Rosenior (c), Sidwell, Kayal, Norwood, Skalak; Towell

Subs: Ankergren/Sanchez, Hall, Cox, Molumby, Hutchinson, Bjordal, Cardwell

Have we still got a player called Rohan Ince?

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
It seemed unwise to lt Lualua go on loan w/o getting a replacement!

I can understand getting another defender as well, as we went to Newcastle with only three fit defenders this season. Plus the new signing Duffy as Bruno had been playing central.

Last edited:

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
........................... Maenpaa .............................

Tomori .... Goldson ... Hunemeier ... Adekugbe

Rosenoir ..... Norwood ..... Sidwell ....... Skalak

................... Towell ........ Hemed .....................

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
What am I supposed to have made up?

I do hanker after pedantry status, so:
the clue to that is contained in the earlier clause in that sentence, and the previous sentence, and relates to the issue of logic.
A more direct response would be: you put the following words in my mouth -- "the idea that Hunt is better [than x? Tomori?] is madness" -- when I never said that, nor even implied it.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

I thought Tomori was primarily a right-back too, but can also play across the defence.
... inching towards reconciliation :wink:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Maenpaa

Tomori
Goldson
Hunemeier
Adekugbe

Sidwell
King Kayal
Ince
Skalak

Towell
Hemed

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
who knows. Hunt may be gone by sat. But if here I am sure will start. why would you not?

Heard rumour he's heading out on loan to a league 1 club as club want him to be playing regularly.

Similarly Chelsea want Tomori to get some game time at a decent level under his belt. Not sure how he's going to get that playing as a third choice defensive option but what do I know?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I don't care what side we put out as I would be quite happy to go out of the cup and then I get to the Barnsley game on the Saturday
Agreed. I'd rather we played Barnsley on the original date and didn't have to worry about fixture pile up this year.

It would be a poor result though if we lost to Lincoln.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Maenpaa

Tomori (assuming Hunt is loaned out)
Goldson
Hunemeier
Adekugbe

Murphy
Kayal
Ince
Skalak

Towell
Tilley

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
Agreed. I'd rather we played Barnsley on the original date and didn't have to worry about fixture pile up this year.

It would be a poor result though if we lost to Lincoln.

Double edged sword really as if we do get past Lincoln and draw a big side, CH will be slagged off either way if he puts a weakened side out or if he puts a strong side out and we pick up injuries etc

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
I wouldn't play Kayal... he will get the traditional lower league kicking.... don't want him injured again.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Double edged sword really as if we do get past Lincoln and draw a big side, CH will be slagged off either way if he puts a weakened side out or if he puts a strong side out and we pick up injuries etc

Firmly of the belief that the squad which beat MK, bar injuries etc, should play Lincoln. If that squad beats Lincoln then they play in the 5th round and so on.

Keep the faith in that group of players; it'd be utterly unfair on them to be dropped if we got through and drew a top 6 PL team.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here