Pokemon Go

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Christmas event news:

Trainers,

As the year draws to a close, we want to give you a great way to celebrate the end of the year with Pokémon GO. For the next couple of weeks, you’ll have even more reason to explore the world with your friends and family while you enjoy our year-end event.

Don’t miss out on an increased chance to hatch a Togepi (and other Pokémon)! Starting the morning of December 25, 2016, and through the afternoon of January 3, 2017 (PST), PokéStops will award one single-use Incubator each day after your first Photo Disc spin. As you visit PokéStops during this time period, there will be a greater chance of finding Eggs that hatch Togepi, Pichu, and several other recently found Pokémon, originally discovered in the Johto region. Special Pikachu wearing festive hats will also be staying around a bit longer! You are more likely to find these limited-edition Pikachu during the time period of this celebration.

In addition, from the afternoon of December 30, 2016, through the afternoon of January 8, 2017 (PST), the first partner Pokémon and their Evolutions, originally discovered in the Kanto region, are more likely to be encountered. This means a greater chance to catch Bulbasaur, Ivysaur, and Venusaur, as well as Charmander, Charmeleon, and Charizard, plus Squirtle, Wartortle, and Blastoise! As a way to increase your chance to encounter one of these Pokémon, Lure Modules will also last for 60 minutes instead of 30 minutes.

Get up and go!

—The Pokémon GO team

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Christmas event news:

Trainers,

As the year draws to a close, we want to give you a great way to celebrate the end of the year with Pokémon GO. For the next couple of weeks, you’ll have even more reason to explore the world with your friends and family while you enjoy our year-end event.

Don’t miss out on an increased chance to hatch a Togepi (and other Pokémon)! Starting the morning of December 25, 2016, and through the afternoon of January 3, 2017 (PST), PokéStops will award one single-use Incubator each day after your first Photo Disc spin. As you visit PokéStops during this time period, there will be a greater chance of finding Eggs that hatch Togepi, Pichu, and several other recently found Pokémon, originally discovered in the Johto region. Special Pikachu wearing festive hats will also be staying around a bit longer! You are more likely to find these limited-edition Pikachu during the time period of this celebration.

In addition, from the afternoon of December 30, 2016, through the afternoon of January 8, 2017 (PST), the first partner Pokémon and their Evolutions, originally discovered in the Kanto region, are more likely to be encountered. This means a greater chance to catch Bulbasaur, Ivysaur, and Venusaur, as well as Charmander, Charmeleon, and Charizard, plus Squirtle, Wartortle, and Blastoise! As a way to increase your chance to encounter one of these Pokémon, Lure Modules will also last for 60 minutes instead of 30 minutes.

Get up and go!

—The Pokémon GO team
Just seen that Pokestops will be giving out one single use incubator daily over Christmas, so it's recommended to clear as many eggs out as you can now to give you a bigger chance of a rare Pokemon egg! get walking!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Just seen that Pokestops will be giving out one single use incubator daily over Christmas, so it's recommended to clear as many eggs out as you can now to give you a bigger chance of a rare Pokemon egg! get walking!

Very difficult to do that as Pokestops invariably give eggs if you have less than nine. It's very rare that I don't have the full 9.

There's no way of knowing which are the new ones either, is there?

In other news we stumbled across 2 Kabutos yesterday which, are much buddy walking, meant we got a Kabutops. Our buddy is now a Bulbasaur so news of these being more prevalent is most welcome!

¡Cereal Killer!

Whale Oil Beef Hooked
Sep 13, 2003
Somewhere over there...
I only have Venusaur, Charizard and Muk left to Evolve.
I have caught 140 and seen 146, not got any babies yet though.
Been lucky with eggs lately getting Porygon, Tangella, Snorlax and an Eggescute which got me enough candies to evolve (I was walking it at the time)

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Very difficult to do that as Pokestops invariably give eggs if you have less than nine. It's very rare that I don't have the full 9.

There's no way of knowing which are the new ones either, is there?

In other news we stumbled across 2 Kabutos yesterday which, are much buddy walking, meant we got a Kabutops. Our buddy is now a Bulbasaur so news of these being more prevalent is most welcome!
I have hatched 3 eggs already today and will be walking 2 more off by tonight so I will have space for 5 new eggs. I'm simply not going to touch a Pokestop til morning.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I have hatched 3 eggs already today and will be walking 2 more off by tonight so I will have space for 5 new eggs. I'm simply not going to touch a Pokestop til morning.

You've either got lucky with a lot of 2km eggs or you're walking a LOT!

We did get a Pichu a few days back.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
You've either got lucky with a lot of 2km eggs or you're walking a LOT!

We did get a Pichu a few days back.

I splurged most of my earnings from Gyms on 3 extra incubators from the shop a couple of days ago so I had 3 K eggs hatch in 100 M today.... Not going to touch a Pokestop till the morning when I have a higher chance of a decent egg.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Finished the candy requirements for Alakazam and Dugtrio this morning, so another two gaps on my list filled.

My current buddy is a Vulpix as I work towards the 12 candies I need for a Ninetales.

Seaber

Oct 20, 2010
Wales
I've got Igglybuff and Cleffa from 2km eggs (and yet still no Bulbasaur) and a Smoochum from a 10km egg.

All I have now are 5km eggs, so hopefully I can find me a Pichu and Togepi in amongst them.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
Finished the candy requirements for Alakazam and Dugtrio this morning, so another two gaps on my list filled.

My current buddy is a Vulpix as I work towards the 12 candies I need for a Ninetales.

Preston Park. One circuit and you'll catch 6.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I've got Igglybuff and Cleffa from 2km eggs (and yet still no Bulbasaur) and a Smoochum from a 10km egg.

All I have now are 5km eggs, so hopefully I can find me a Pichu and Togepi in amongst them.
You get the new Pokemon only in eggs you collect from today I'm afraid...get walking lol.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
You get the new Pokemon only in eggs you collect from today I'm afraid...get walking lol.

That's not true is it? I thought they've been about for a week or so but as of today there's a higher chance of getting them with freebie incubators to help.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Probably based on Christmas US time, as that's where Niantic is based.
Yes. I fear as much. Hoping there is an update very soon this morning.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Just had a run around locally and no update. Lots of Eevees about today though... Hopefully they will roll out the update through the day, there have been 100m downloads of the game overall so an update could be a logistical nightmare.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Just logged in and found some sort of update with gift boxes in the shop.... no increase in my Pokedex though ?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Just logged in and found some sort of update with gift boxes in the shop.... no increase in my Pokedex though ?

Pokedex only increases as high as a Pokémon you've seen or caught.

If you look back on this thread a page or two, you'll see mine extends to 172 having hatched a Pichu, whilst another NSCer is seeing c240.

Those gift boxes are of questionable value, I thought, given we should all be getting more incubators.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here