Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Seagulls target Chris Wood - £12m - The Sun

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I meant what possessed you to engage with such inane ramblings.

Striker talk, as nobody seems to want to play for us we might as well dream :lolol:

Come the close of the window with nobody of note signed we may wish we'd gone for Chris Wood....

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Wood was Championship top scorer last season!

Fair enough. But he missed a load of sitters too, and took pens, and Abraham was playing in a mediocre side. If Chris Wood was our No. 1 striker I'd be very worried.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Why is that not a reasonable suggestion if wage demands were sensible.?

Because at this stage of his career, he is not going to leave the team he supports to come and play here, or indeed anywhere else - it really is as simple as that.

He is entirely happy to see out his career at his home club, and fair enough to him for it.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Fair enough. But he missed a load of sitters too, and took pens, and Abraham was playing in a mediocre side. If Chris Wood was our No. 1 striker I'd be very worried.

I don't think Chris Wood would be a genuine target never mind No 1 target.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Why is that not a reasonable suggestion if wage demands were sensible.?

Every player could become a reasonable suggestion if you use the caveat of "if wage demands were sensible".

The reality is that Torres even at his age is very likely to be beyond our wage structure even if he wanted to leave the team he loves. Therefore it can still be listed under stupid ideas.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
My view is that he wasnt a resounding success at Chelsea despite the massive transfer fee so may wish to prove to himself and everybody else he can do it in the Premier.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Oct 4, 2003
My view is that he wasnt a resounding success at Chelsea despite the massive transfer fee so may wish to prove to himself and everybody else he can do it in the Premier.

He's already proven he can do it in the Premier League when he was at Liverpool.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Oct 4, 2003
But that was overshadowed by his performances and record at Chelsea which raised doubts.

Was it? He may have struggled at Chelsea and not lived up to the transfer fee but you simply cannot ignore his record at Liverpool. 65 goals in 102 games is phenomenal, you'd be hard pressed to find any striker having that scoring rate. He's got nothing to prove to anyone and the suggestion that at 33 he'd leave a club he loves and is adored at to try and prove something he's already done is quite frankly ridiculous. It's never going to happen.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Torres is a Atleti fan. IF Brighton were up near the top of the PL in 3rd regularly and playing in the Champions league and YOU were playing regularly for them, would you decide to quit and go to Girona (the team who came up in 2nd in Spain)?

That's what Torres must be thinking.......... chances of it happening?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here