Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The OFFICIAL 2016 NFL thread

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Skins capping what has been a totally crap weekend with a turd of a performance. If I was a Steelers fan I'd be very optimistic. Big Ben, Antonio Brown and D'Angelo Williams showing the Skins what real football players look like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Steelers take it 38-16, Williams is the man.

Rams v 49ers about to start - too late for me. Just saw Kaepernick do his kneel down during the National Anthem, a few boos from the crowd but a lot of his team mates came over to hug him and shake hands and there seemed to be more support from the crowd than before.

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Skins capping what has been a totally crap weekend with a turd of a performance. If I was a Steelers fan I'd be very optimistic. Big Ben, Antonio Brown and D'Angelo Williams showing the Skins what real football players look like.

Mr Tony has come off the radio and has entered the world of podcasts.

For the rest of you who don't know Kornheiser from PTI, the Monday's show will be heavy on sport and the NFL and MLB.

Today's (Tuesday) show will go large on the 'Skins, they appear mid afternoon..

The rest of the week is 'smart and funny' adult chat, and you'll not be surprised to know it's my favourite podcast.

http://www.tonykornheisershow.com/

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton

The score flattered us a bit I thought. However, many positives, it looks like we have decent talent at WR even without Bryant and Wheaton (Jesse James, Eli Rodgers and Deangelo Williams did especially well as safety valves, whilst Coates looks a deep threat), the return of Markice Pouncey at Centre is a massive upgrade, injury permitting we now have one of the best lines in the league, it's going to be scary if Bell can see significant game time behind them. The secondary held up, even though the pass rush wasn't great. But you're right, the difference was really Roethlisberger and Brown.

Poor Breshad Breeland had an absolute shocker in the Skins secondary. I can only imagine how much worse his night would have been if Bryant had played. Josh Norman certainly came off second best against AB as well.

There's a narrative developing around Kirk Cousins that he beats up on bad teams but can't get it done against good ones. The evidence so far suggests this is the case.

Bad news: Ryan Shazier injured AGAIN. I really hope he isn't too small to be an NFL ILB because everything else about his performance last night was elite level.

KingstonSeagull

May 1, 2013
Shoreditch
I needed 5 bloody points from Gurley to win my fantasy game... I THOUGHT IT WAS A GIVEN! I HAD ANDERSON ON THE BLOODY BENCH.. UGH Bloody Rams O line sucked balls!

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
The score flattered us a bit I thought. However, many positives, it looks like we have decent talent at WR even without Bryant and Wheaton (Jesse James, Eli Rodgers and Deangelo Williams did especially well as safety valves, whilst Coates looks a deep threat), the return of Markice Pouncey at Centre is a massive upgrade, injury permitting we now have one of the best lines in the league, it's going to be scary if Bell can see significant game time behind them. The secondary held up, even though the pass rush wasn't great. But you're right, the difference was really Roethlisberger and Brown.

Poor Breshad Breeland had an absolute shocker in the Skins secondary. I can only imagine how much worse his night would have been if Bryant had played. Josh Norman certainly came off second best against AB as well.

There's a narrative developing around Kirk Cousins that he beats up on bad teams but can't get it done against good ones. The evidence so far suggests this is the case.

Bad news: Ryan Shazier injured AGAIN. I really hope he isn't too small to be an NFL ILB because everything else about his performance last night was elite level.

You took care of business with key players missing, it was impressive. I don't think Breeland is a bad player but Brown is elite and the coaching staff hung him out to dry there last night.

Shame about Shazier, I hope he isn't hurt too bad, the man is a beast.

Now we have a Dallas week of discontent to look foward to, the team better sort themselves out for sunday.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
You took care of business with key players missing, it was impressive. I don't think Breeland is a bad player but Brown is elite and the coaching staff hung him out to dry there last night.

Credit the ever more impressive Todd Haley with gameplanning imaginatively to keep AB away from Norman as much as possible.

The Redskins are going to struggle unless they can establish a bit more of a run offence. I'm more a fan of Chris Thompson than Matt Jones but perhaps a Karlos Williams or *whispers* a Marshawn Lynch could come in and make a difference.

Next up for us, in what is fast becoming one of the NFL's premier grudge matches, the Bengals. Even in week 2, a big match with implications for the playoff picture.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
That's not necessarily a very bad thing, after all there's plenty of QB's that can't even do that.

The concern would be is he can't personally improve or be coached to better himself.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Some nice looking College ball matchups this weekend

Florida State at Louisville
'Bama at Ole Miss
Ohio State at Oklahoma
Michigan State at Notre Dame

all feature 2 top 25 ranked teams facing off.

SeagullTim

Boomer Sooner
Apr 22, 2006
Brighton
Some nice looking College ball matchups this weekend

Florida State at Louisville
'Bama at Ole Miss
Ohio State at Oklahoma
Michigan State at Notre Dame

all feature 2 top 25 ranked teams facing off.
Will be tuning in as soon as I get back from Burton.

Boomer Sooner!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
If he's stays fit The Jets have got themselves a bargain there.

Agreed, no idea why there was so little competition for him. I understand the Bears letting him go with the backfield options they have in Carey and Langford and now Howard too, but Forte never looked like the type of runner that couldn't perform post 30 years old.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here