Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tammy Abraham

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Yes! I wrote that post not realising the one loan player from the same club rule! But that scenario you outlined would be ideal. :)

In that case, if we can't get Tomori on a permanent he might be offering to drive Abraham to Newcastle, although didn't they also have a loan player from Chelsea last season? Have they signed him or has he gone back?

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
In that case, if we can't get Tomori on a permanent he might be offering to drive Abraham to Newcastle, although didn't they also have a loan player from Chelsea last season? Have they signed him or has he gone back?
Christian Atsu - they signed him on a permanent the other week.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Kind of what I was saying. 50k passionate Geordies or the Amex library half-emptied out on 80 minutes...hmmm :wink:

St James Park is a library and the atmosphere is toxic at times as the fans get on the teams backs.

Newcastle will be a bigger lure because of the clubs status but not because of the fans

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I wonder if we'd turned up for the Bristol City game and won with a full house roaring us on to the title if that would have influenced his decision :smile:

On the other hand, he probably looked at the blunt option that was our strike force that day, and thought 'blimey, if I come here I'll play every week' [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
St James Park is a library and the atmosphere is toxic at times as the fans get on the teams backs.

Newcastle will be a bigger lure because of the clubs status but not because of the fans

Very much this,geordies would love to have us all believe its a hotbed of football but they're dreadful,fickle ***** of fans,whinging and whining all the time.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Last season Diamé and Gayle were the first choice forwards for Newcastle. I would see it more likely that Tammy would be vying for place with Gayle. Tammy had a 60% chance of scoring per 90 minutes. Gayle's rate was nearer a 100%.

Murray and Baldock were the first choice forwards for Brighton. Baldock (ex Bristol City) is the most like for like player who in an injured ravaged time at Brighton last season only scored in 50% rate per game.

On form it looks like Brighton would be the best choice if the criteria is getting game time.

Gayle's shots on target was nearer two a game whereas for Baldock and Abraham it was nearer one per game.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
It's probably been mentioned earlier in the thread, but now I've watched his showreel of 26 goals from last season, I have never seen a forward score so many similar goals. Hardly any with his head, which explains why Dunky had him in his pocket, but OMG what a possibly lucky player. Almost every goal from about 6 inches, several miss hits and how may times did the ball hit somone's arse, shin, knee and bounce right in front of Tammy. I'll take him if we can, but if he plays for us, I hope his incredible luck continues

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
It's probably been mentioned earlier in the thread, but now I've watched his showreel of 26 goals from last season, I have never seen a forward score so many similar goals. Hardly any with his head, which explains why Dunky had him in his pocket, but OMG what a possibly lucky player. Almost every goal from about 6 inches, several miss hits and how may times did the ball hit somone's arse, shin, knee and bounce right in front of Tammy. I'll take him if we can, but if he plays for us, I hope his incredible luck continues

As a goal scoring centre forward, luck is a very important thing to have on your side. The likes of Lineker, and Greaves before him, both goal poachers, relied on an awful lot of it.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
As a goal scoring centre forward, luck is a very important thing to have on your side. The likes of Lineker, and Greaves before him, both goal poachers, relied on an awful lot of it.

You are right entirely, but almost all of Tammy's goals come from a lucky bounce in his direction . Genuinely never seen anything like it.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna

He headed wide at the Amex. Only attempt.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Hedging his bets? Maybe Fulham will hijack the deals?

Tap in Tanny might be better off there?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here