Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
well actually it was the central part of the point i was making.....in that everyone knew (whether you were in favour of full membership or not) that a leave vote meant giving up being members of the single market, and hopefully achieving beneficial deals as non members (as in the level of access to)
you were adamant it wasnt clear that LEAVE meant this at all. well done for moving the goalposts of what i was saying though.

The official REMAIN camp knew a leave vote meant no more being members of the single market.......im surprised you didnt know.

Nope,ive never said that at all,you just made that up.
Only a few posts ago i said if you voted to leave, whether you wanted to end free movement or keep it you knew putting your cross in the Leave box meant voting to end free movement.....it was the well known position of the LEAVE campaign.
Likewise with a remain vote.....if you are against free movement and want immigration controlled but wanted EU membership as an overriding factor, you placed your cross in the remain box, but with the full knowledge it meant a vote to keep free movement as it was the proposed position of vote REMAIN.
i was also very clear lots of people were for and against various issues in each camp but KNEW what was being proposed and which team stood for what on free movement, ECJ and the single market.....so i would appreciate you dont put words in my mouth ....so to speak.

Everyone knew the positions, they knew the consequences of their vote and what it meant on The ECJ, free movement and being members of the single market when they put their cross in the box.
hope this clears it up

Thanks for the clarification. You once explained the thought processes that the Leavers you knew went through before reaching their decisions, conjuring up a vision in my mind of calm and reflective pipe-smoking chaps (possibly all called Geoffrey and wearing tweed jackets) staring out of windows and stroking their chins, occasionally pausing to consult weighty tomes before, after careful consideration, all deciding to vote Out. Most (not quite all) of the Leavers I know voted for vastly more visceral and instinctive reasons so, no, I can't agree with you that everyone who ticked the out box did so in the full knowledge of the possible implications regarding the single market and inward migration from middle Europe.

Until the researchers crawl all over it no one will know what knowledge and emotions people brought into the voting booths so, until that happens, we must agree to differ. Up the Albion.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Business shrugs off Brexit to create 100,000 new jobs

More than 100,000 people found jobs between May and August as businesses shrugged off Brexit fears and continued hiring in the two months after the European Union referendum.

Employment remained at a record high of 31.8 million, the unemployment rate was at an 11-year low of 4.9 per cent and wage growth was steady at 2.3 per cent in a surprisingly resilient jobs market for the three months to August.

Sterling was unmoved by the news, holding at $1.2296 against the dollar after edging a little lower in early trading. It rose 0.16 cents against the euro to €1.1212.

Nick Palmer, of the Office for National Statistics, said that the official data suggested “continuing confidence in the economy” during the summer and after the vote.

However, other experts warned of a looming squeeze on living standards as inflation threatens to overtake pay growth. Economists and officials expect Britain’s decision to leave the European Union to hit jobs and wages as businesses row back on investment and demand falters, but there has been little sign of the effect to date.

The 74.5 per cent employment rate is a record high, vacancies are holding up at 749,000 and almost all the 106,000 jobs created were by companies rather than self-employed.

The claimant count for September, which is one month ahead of the unemployment numbers and is based on jobseeker’s allowance claims, was 2.3 per cent, the same as August and just above the 2.2 per cent earlier in the year.

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/b...-but-economists-warn-of-pay-squeeze-lfx99m2qt

This is coming soon after crimbo I reckon, we will all splurge on Christmas and keep all the indictors positive such as extra seasonal jobs and huge High Street sales then it will bite February onwards,

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Good input. I answer plenty, I do have the choice which questions I want to answer.

:lolol: dear oh dear you're really floundering today aren't you.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Ok,I will bite, the evidence please m'lud.

Here is direct evidence of you ducking questions you have no answer for, and why you are barely worth conversing with.

Quite. I look forward to his post about why he feels a UK passport will be more useful than an Irish one.

It reminded me of this exchange we had, where you couldn't be arsed to explain your position properly:
http://www.northstandchat.com/showt...endum-thread&p=7583240&viewfull=1#post7583240

You gave a single sentence that meant nothing, citing lack of time. Yet you seem to find an awful lot of time to get involved in tedious one-line squabbles.

In fact, here is a list of your posts:
http://www.northstandchat.com/search.php?searchid=6380531

I've gone back 9 pages so far and haven't found a SINGLE example of you answering any sort of question. Frankly it's more of a struggle finding a difficult question directed at you that you HAVE answered. Half of them are you acting like a fanboy to more intelligent posters who agree with you, with single line posts such as "Exactly" or "Spot on", and the other half are dull, glib single sentences that contribute nothing. And then there is this sort of thing: "I could put up a similar statement to the one above (Buzzers) but i can not be bothered, so just read his twice please."

Funny that you can NEVER be bothered to post anything constructive. If you never posted on here again, no-one would notice.

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
Here is direct evidence of you ducking questions you have no answer for, and why you are barely worth conversing with.

It reminded me of this exchange we had, where you couldn't be arsed to explain your position properly:
http://www.northstandchat.com/showt...endum-thread&p=7583240&viewfull=1#post7583240

You gave a single sentence that meant nothing, citing lack of time. Yet you seem to find an awful lot of time to get involved in tedious one-line squabbles.

In fact, here is a list of your posts:
http://www.northstandchat.com/search.php?searchid=6380531

I've gone back 9 pages so far and haven't found a SINGLE example of you answering any sort of question. Frankly it's more of a struggle finding a difficult question directed at you that you HAVE answered. Half of them are you acting like a fanboy to more intelligent posters who agree with you, with single line posts such as "Exactly" or "Spot on", and the other half are dull, glib single sentences that contribute nothing. And then there is this sort of thing: "I could put up a similar statement to the one above (Buzzers) but i can not be bothered, so just read his twice please."

Funny that you can NEVER be bothered to post anything constructive. If you never posted on here again, no-one would notice.

You've forgotten copying and pasting entire articles without bothering to either read or understand their content.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
You've forgotten copying and pasting entire articles without bothering to either read or understand their content.

I did indeed forget that.

I'm still looking forward to his explanation as to why a UK passport will be more useful than an Irish one, without more intelligent posters attempting to do it for him. Perhaps he could reply with an irrelevant seven page newspaper article that doesn't answer the question despite a headline suggesting it might?

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting

Really. In your opinion, which obviously I mainly disagree with. Do you think that after getting on for nearly 2000 pages that by keep bleating and accusing the opinions or the result will change. We become more entrenched in our views because we do not agree.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
I did indeed forget that.

I'm still looking forward to his explanation as to why a UK passport will be more useful than an Irish one, without more intelligent posters attempting to do it for him. Perhaps he could reply with an irrelevant seven page newspaper article that doesn't answer the question despite a headline suggesting it might?

Perhaps if you read my posts you will see I never mentioned UK and Irish passports, try reading and picking on the poster that did.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Perhaps if you read my posts you will see I never mentioned UK and Irish passports, try reading and picking on the poster that did.
You really are incredibly thick - I HAVE read your posts. I've just told you that I've read 10 pages in order to find evidence of you avoiding questions that YOU asked for. I've even provided a link to the reams and reams of your crap posts.

Certainly it was that other clown, pastafarian, who is refusing to answer that particular question. But let's just recap how this happened. You moaned at HT because he suggested he was LUMBERED with a UK passport. His response was to ask you how it was going to be more useful than an Irish one (with the implication that as an EU state, this was far more useful). You haven't responded with anything coherent. As usual.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

"Why do you feel bitter about being "lumbered" with an "English passport".

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Ok,I will bite, the evidence please m'lud.

I see that [MENTION=232]Simster[/MENTION] has already responded to this, but what a surprise I see that you have not answered the questions that he provided in the link to you.

This would seem to me that Jury has returned to the Courtroom with a unanimous verdict of 'Guilty as charged'

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here