Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trains after Boro

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Boro fans have been moaning at Northern rail for years about how many have to cram into the first trains after a game, they openly admitted they dont have spare units and if they had to put extra on then someone else would have train cancelled.
I would imagine the first transpen to York will be packed though it will be 3 carriages.

Do most fans usually get on the first few trains? I imagine there'll be 1000+ fans trying to board the 15.28 to York which starts at Middlesbrough so will initially be empty.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Sounds like a disaster waiting to happen to me, either many very happy Brighton fans waiting on a platform for ages at the mercy of any Boro knob heads, or many very pissed off Brighton fans who just want to get out but are stranded on a platform with probably some Boro fans also waiting for a train.
2 carriage train/bus twice an hour is nuts.
There are some nice Boro fans on here tonight but every club has its idiots and we are no angels either, taking the importance of the outcome of this match into consideration I would have thought something better would have been sorted out.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Boro fans have been moaning at Northern rail for years about how many have to cram into the first trains after a game

Brighton fans have been moaning at Southern for years too, for only putting on a couple of extra 8 car trains.

Boro5707

Dec 21, 2015
Brighton fans have been moaning at Southern for years too, for only putting on a couple of extra 8 car trains.

To be fair though I would say you have a massive percentage of fans use the train at home. I would say less than 5% of Boro fans use the train to get to and from the match.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Sounds like a disaster waiting to happen to me, either many very happy Brighton fans waiting on a platform for ages at the mercy of any Boro knob heads, or many very pissed off Brighton fans who just want to get out but are stranded on a platform with probably some Boro fans also waiting for a train.
2 carriage train/bus twice an hour is nuts.
There are some nice Boro fans on here tonight but every club has its idiots and we are no angels either, taking the importance of the outcome of this match into consideration I would have thought something better would have been sorted out.

And the fact that it could cost us ££££ if we miss the connections and York and then Victoria.

AnotherArch

Northern Exile
Apr 2, 2009
Stockport & M62
I am booked in Coach C on the 15.28 as far as Manchester. Will be interesting (!) to see how many tickets they have actually sold for this specific train. A seat reservation may gain you access to the platform, but after that - who knows?

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
I am booked in Coach C on the 15.28 as far as Manchester. Will be interesting (!) to see how many tickets they have actually sold for this specific train. A seat reservation may gain you access to the platform, but after that - who knows?

Problem is you will have a seat reservation for that particular train. Everyone heading south will have a seat reservation for a particular train south from Darlington or York, that relies on the use of the same train as you but will almost certainly not have a seat reservation for that train. It will be chaos, it will probably take two hours just to get all the Albion fans out of Middlesbrough by train, imo. As to having a ticket getting you access to the station, there is no way they will be checking tickets. I really think this is going to be a major problem post match.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Can't believe people are pissing their pants about getting reserved trains, just say the OB kept you back/made you get on a certain service - works every time.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Problem is you will have a seat reservation for that particular train. Everyone heading south will have a seat reservation for a particular train south from Darlington or York, that relies on the use of the same train as you but will almost certainly not have a seat reservation for that train. It will be chaos, it will probably take two hours just to get all the Albion fans out of Middlesbrough by train, imo. As to having a ticket getting you access to the station, there is no way they will be checking tickets. I really think this is going to be a major problem post match.

Have you been to Boro before? It will be fine.

If nothing else, and you don't manage to get on the train at Boro that you want to catch (and you almost certainly will), being a 12:30 kick-off means there will be other trains to get you home.

I've been to Boro from the West Country for Saturday 3pms where I had to get the first train out of I wouldn't make it home, and I managed to get on it every time without any dramas.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Have you been to Boro before? It will be fine.

If nothing else, and you don't manage to get on the train at Boro that you want to catch (and you almost certainly will), being a 12:30 kick-off means there will be other trains to get you home.

I've been to Boro from the West Country for Saturday 3pms where I had to get the first train out of I wouldn't make it home, and I managed to get on it every time without any dramas.

But have you been to Boro, with a full house, full allocation of away fans for a match that had so much riding on it ?

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Most Middlesbrough fans will live in Middlesbrough. Most Albion fans do not live in Falmer.

For the average game in January they do, this game on Saturday is massive ! Every Boro fan around the country will want to be there or in pubs in the town

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
For the average game in January they do, this game on Saturday is massive ! Every Boro fan around the country will want to be there or in pubs in the town

There was a big crowd for our game last season - a sell out or near enough. No probs getting a rattler.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Our train back isn't until 7pm
1. Will we get seats?
2. Will we have to hide in a park all afternoon?

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Boro5707

Dec 21, 2015
Really ? If so how do they all get home ?

If I drive to the match, I walk to my car (parkings free) and drive home. Get home (5miles away) within half hour after then full time whistle. If I go the pub after the game I will get a taxi from town £5.50 to get home, approx 6miles away. Most people drive or get a lift/taxi or walk if they live close enough.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here