Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Election 2015

Hatterlovesbrighton

something clever
Jul 28, 2003
Not Luton! Thank God
5 hours more than Labour have promised, I wonder if they edited theirs overnight?

Labour have had that policy for about 2 years.

Personally, this is a much better manifesto than Labours. Mostly because it is actually a manifesto. Can anyone name a policy in Labour's manifesto that they hadn't already announced? A one year freeze in rail fares?

They've had 5 years in opposition and this is all they can manage?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
And the childcare one. When labour announced a while ago the 25 hour policy, the tory treasury rebuttal said it would cost 800m gbp. They've in their own manifesto costed 30 hours as 700m gbp

How so?

They were lying then or they're lying now.

As for funding the inheritance tax and childcare promises by the pension tax relief plans which are due to bring in 1.4bn. So if inheritance tax is 1bn and childcare is as low as they claim, there is still a gap in their sums

They must think the electorate are thick.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Yes please can you please show me where the Tories euthanasia bill is as you stated the Tories are killing the old disabled etc.

The ones that you list above please tell me how these directly kill people? Like the action of going to war based on a lie does.

I think you'll find that we went to war based on intelligence that was proved to be incorrect..nobody has ever proven It was a lie

As for the policies I mentioned, do you deny that they have had a negative impact on the life expectancy of the poor, the elderly and other disadvantaged members of society?

Clearly there isn't euthanasia bill, even the tories wouldn't be that mad..
..or are they?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The warmest and sunniest day of the year to date. In every sense.

My Iphone App says it's only 8 degrees. You're easily pleased.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Heading towards 22 degrees in London. Beautiful.

London is 18. Are your dodgy temperature figures supplied by David Cameron as well? :smile:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
One day you may even get to travel in first class with [MENTION=38]Beach Hut[/MENTION] , splendid aspirations

He's been sold a dream. It will be cloudy and cold when he arrives.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Dave told him it was 22 so it is 22 to him otherwise he will have a text message from Lynton Crosby telling him to get back onside

:lolol:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I'll say it again: "it's heading towards 22 degrees".

Did you learn to read under a Labour-led government?

I learnt to not trust anything Tories tell me under a Tory-led Government.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Yup, extremely gracious of them to cut the tax of the people whose essential public services they are pillaging. Cheers Dave.

bit ungracious of what will be a universally popular policy. its most odd to see the Tories outflanking Labour on supporting for low paid. who'd have thought.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
it looks like both. its a headline grabber that doesn't address the issues claimed to be a problem. when was the length of a zero hours contract ever the problem with them? it gives wiggle room to deliver a watered down law, which has implications worse than current zero hours. it may be rectified in drafting the legislation, i would bloody hope so, but right now its a fig leaf promise.

I don't agree with this. There is a cost associated with recruitment that you are overlooking. If employers have to find new members of staff every 11 weeks, it will cost them a fortune to administer that. Consequently, it is not in the employer's interest to keep hiring and firing every 11 weeks.

Let's say a warehouse needs between 20 and 30 people. I would suggest it was far cheaper to have 20 on a proper contract and then use temps to make up the shortfall, than to have them all on zero hour contracts and replace them every 11 weeks.

Therefore, this 12 week limit seems reasonably sensible. If you need short term flexible staff, you can have them. Just don't expect to be able to abuse people like this indefinitely.

simmo

Feb 8, 2008
I think you'll find that we went to war based on intelligence that was proved to be incorrect..nobody has ever proven It was a lie

As for the policies I mentioned, do you deny that they have had a negative impact on the life expectancy of the poor, the elderly and other disadvantaged members of society?

Clearly there isn't euthanasia bill, even the tories wouldn't be that mad..
..or are they?

So it wasn't a lie according to you, but incorrect intelligence. Either way though is it acceptable to go to war, based on intelligence that is not correct. What kind of a British government does that eh? and also I seem to remember (am I wrong) that a certain Mr T Blair really wanted that intelligence to show that Saddam did have WMD's (what was it he claimed to parliament.....45 minutes to attack our troops in Cyprus?).

You used the term killing our elderly, poor etc....

In respect of the elderly more often than not they are some of the most affluent members of our society would you not agree, they have made sometimes hundreds of thousands out of the rising value of their houses. Why do you think Cameron is pitching for their votes. It is obvious he is doing so with the recent changes Osbourne has made in respect of draw down on pensions and pensioner bonds. Cameron is making a blatant pitch for OAP's vote and yet according to you he is "killing them off?" How do these 2 things correlate?

In respect of any changes in life expectancy I would need to see demographic data and then give you the answer, however I cannot see how any reduction in life expectancy could be attributed directly to a policy of the Tories in just the last 5 years, it is too short a time for such any effect to show up.

You make political points about the NHS........Just one thing about Labour and the NHS too, Mid Staffs came under their watch.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
...Let's say a warehouse needs between 20 and 30 people. I would suggest it was far cheaper to have 20 on a proper contract and then use temps to make up the shortfall, than to have them all on zero hour contracts and replace them every 11 weeks.

this is probably already the case, with the temps on zero hours. you're probably right on the costs, though there's other costs to weigh up like holiday and sick cover, which the exploitative employer used the zero hour contract in the first place.

end of the day this 12 week bit has come from nowhere while other identified issues are unrecognised in the policy. if you want to "ban exploitative zero hour contracts" why not actually do so, and from week 1. for such an issue they made into a such a big priority, the actual policy is an underwhelming fudge, im surprised supporters aren't asking where the rest of it is.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here