Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Last song/ album you listened to?

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Currently playing in my motor. Dug it out of my box of CD's

61Qk904xTgL.jpg

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Something Rotten - The soundtrack to a new broadway musical about the first ever musical written by two guys trying to compete with Shakespeare.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Ain't Talking Bout Love by Van Halen - Absolute killer riff which whilst not a massive Van Halen fan reminded me of how Eddie Van Halen is up there with the greats.

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk
Sitting in the garden with a couple of beers listening to Strangeland by Keane.Cracking album, strong from start to finish.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Shooty Booty by Ivory Joe Hunter. Wonderful 40s/50s big band blues singer who decided to knock out a driving rock'n'roller and did it to perfection.

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk
Shooty Booty by Ivory Joe Hunter. Wonderful 40s/50s big band blues singer who decided to knock out a driving rock'n'roller and did it to perfection.

Will have to check that out. I've since changed tack and am now enjoying Howlin Wolf.The best of .

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1

Plays Brighton 19 Jan 2016.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Every now and then I play Bandwagonesque by Teenage Fanclub just to remind myself what a fantastic album it is. Today was one such day.

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
Every now and then I play Bandwagonesque by Teenage Fanclub just to remind myself what a fantastic album it is. Today was one such day.

Seconded. It makes me smile from first note to last. A splendid splendid album indeed. It's now on tonight's playlist. Cheers

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Seconded. It makes me smile from first note to last. A splendid splendid album indeed. It's now on tonight's playlist. Cheers

Enjoy. I had it on in the car back and forth to work and I know exactly what you mean by making you smile.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
White stripes - Blue Orchid. My 7 yo son loves it at the mo.

My daughter was taught the song Were Going To Be Friends from White Blood Cells by a particularly trendy music teacher whilst a pupil at Hangleton Infants. Think she was about 7 at that time.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
You probably know this but she plays Bexhill 23 July

Thanks to you Tarpon, we went to the gig last night. What a fantastic show, she is back to her best. Essentially acoustic trio format format playing ' deeper cuts' i.e. A best of selection. Looking great, singinging great, lost a little weight and clearly comfortable with herself following the traumas of losing her father, divorce and illness. One of the best shows I've seen in recent years including 'This Shirt' from the afore-mentioned album and the classics with a bit of 'show and tell' such as Passionate Kisses, Shut up and Kiss Me through to Ashes and Roses. NSC at it's best letting me know about a great gig I would have missed - Bexhill for gods sake.
May I return the compliment with the tip that the mighty Ron Sexsmith is playing The Komedia in October. I'll be there.
P.S. Posting was about the Mary Chapin Carpenter gig!

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
From Las Vegas, Thee Delta Bombers new LP

They are Playing Brighton next Friday at the Komedia...

This video is off the lp and filmed at the Albert and Sussex coast after they played last year.

[yt]nweOXjTj9qc[/yt]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here