Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What things annoy you - even though they shouldn't really?

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
I cycle up this path from the Falmer end. I do this because it cuts out cycling into town and then along the coast road when returning home to Ovingdean from over there.

I never went over that way before they built the 'cycle' lane, as I found it terrifying to ride up this road with some of the heavy traffic, and impatient drivers.

I would still never ride on the road from Falmer, but the cycle path is convenient.

The point that Notters is making, I believe, is that this path is not really suitable for road bikes. It is a gravel path, which means that punctures are much more likely to occur, and this also makes it incredibly dangerous to descend on. For this reason, I always use the road from the Woodingdean end.

If you are a mountain biker, then this path is perfect! Road bikes need tarmac, though.
Thanks for the explanation, not being a cyclist I was not aware of these issues.
Has any cyclist pointed out to the ESCC about these issues, as it seems pointless supplying a cyclepath that is not fit for use.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
All these pet hates seem perfectly reasonable to me. I've got two or three that just wind me up so much and I've no idea why.

and this is my most irrational hatred:

3. In the film Grease there's a bloke who is an extra in it. No idea who he is but he pops up with alarming monotony and I hate him. Every times there's a song he's there over-acting like his life depends on it, which it doesn't. I don't like many musicals but I happen to like Grease - a lot, and this bloke spoils it for me every time.

Here he is early on (although he does appear even earlier
mic9hd.png

He minces around in this scene like a right ponce
vhx1c9.png

Dancing like a nob in this scene
25z1aa9.png

He gatecrashes practically every shot in the song 'One That I Want'.
sfl641.png

And the last scene you see, he's there doing a Charlie Chaplin impression.
k1pa1h.png

I f*cking hate him.

:lolol: Superb, I was reading this post lunchtime with tears of laughter, I couldn't log in to post then, im still finding it really funny, brilliant observation.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Thanks for the explanation, not being a cyclist I was not aware of these issues.
Has any cyclist pointed out to the ESCC about these issues, as it seems pointless supplying a cyclepath that is not fit for use.

Yes. Input was given before it was built.

But it is definitely better than nothing. OK for going up, great for mounttain bikes - I always use it when I'm riding this sort of bike, which I do often - particularly for games at the Amex.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Oh, people who drop litter, especially those who LOB their stuff out of the window in MacDonalds carpark, despite the bin being literally FEET away from their 'customised' Vauxhall Corsa

I had no idea you lived near me, Hiney.

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
Yes. Input was given before it was built.

But it is definitely better than nothing. OK for going up, great for mounttain bikes - I always use it when I'm riding this sort of bike, which I do often - particularly for games at the Amex.

I have to say the ones riding on the road going up are those I refer to as they are obviously slow climbing the hill and have to weave in and out of the drains that do appear to continually sink on this road and must be more dangerous than any bad surface the the cycle path can offer.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Also avoiding the many dogs being walked on that path I would have thought.

Yes. I sometimes go that way when I'm ambling, but it really isn't a cycle lane. I wouldn't want to be walking with my dog and kids if there were road bikers hurtling past me!

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
High up on the list people who slurp drinks and hearing others eat apples.

For some unknown reason cashiers who put receipt on palm followed by the money also gets my goat.

Far too many to note, yes I am a grumpy sod.

THIS!!!!!

I've been reading this thread from the start and was checking that no one else is annoyed by this. It's so INFURIATING. Especially when you're other hand is already clutching the bag. It's a massive balancing act to get it in your pocket in one hit.

When you do drop one the cashier always says "oops" with a fake gesture to help you pick up the coins scattered on the till.

Next time I'm swear I'm gonna reply with

"Oops? ****ing oops?! It's your ****ing fault you clueless ****. Coins BEFORE paper. It's not ****ing rocket science!!!!"

And just in spite I shall leave that 10p and 5p there as I bite my nails so can't pick them up!

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
THIS!!!!!

I've been reading this thread from the start and was checking that no one else is annoyed by this. It's so INFURIATING. Especially when you're other hand is already clutching the bag. It's a massive balancing act to get it in your pocket in one hit.

When you do drop one the cashier always says "oops" with a fake gesture to help you pick up the coins scattered on the till.

Next time I'm swear I'm gonna reply with

"Oops? ****ing oops?! It's your ****ing fault you clueless ****. Coins BEFORE paper. It's not ****ing rocket science!!!!"

And just in spite I shall leave that 10p and 5p there as I bite my nails so can't pick them up!

Its a hygiene thing, by putting the receipt in your palm first they then don't have to touch you when giving you the coins, regardless of the fact there handling filthy dirty coins!

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
Its a hygiene thing, by putting the receipt in your palm first they then don't have to touch you when giving you the coins, regardless of the fact there handling filthy dirty coins!

I'm not talking about the receipt. I'm talking about the £10 note that goes first with the 6 pounds coins and other shrapnel on top. It's the reason I hate having to break a 20 for a loaf of bread and some ham from the shop.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I've thought of some more now:

People who tell me how lovely the shop is and what a great selection I have, as you know damn well they are not going to buy anything!

People who ask whether I have seen their wife/husband as they "said they would be in this shop", knowing full well that I have not got a clue who their wife/husband is!

All good fun really.
I hate the tossers that walk into my shop just to tell me they just brought a bed elsewhere, just why would a person waste their time and mine telling me that shit? Jeez.

Adders1

Jan 14, 2013
People who use ATM's and continue to stand there pissing about for 30 seconds or so, once cash and receipt is both in possession. Similarly being stuck behind a person who. once finished, then takes out a SECOND card. It's none of my business, but annoys me no end.

I share an apartment building with a small gym, and there are people who go in there, wearing expensive tracksuits, and spend half an hour walking on the sole treadmill while updating their facebook profiles and texting. Run you lazy f**ckers!

Oh people on Facebook who crowbar any variation of 'gym - done' into a status. Really irritates me.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Someone I know told me the same happened to them on the Newhaven to Seaford cycle path.

Yup that path is a pile of shite too and full of dog walkers but the road is wide enough for cyclists and drivers to live happily side by side. I do think these shared paths cause more trouble than theyre worth though, as they lead to pedestrians complaining that the cyclists should be on the road as they're going to fast and vice versa for drivers. The thing is, I do a lot of driving, cycling and walking/hiking and I think people just need to be a tiny bit more patient.

Last edited:

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley

To be honest, ESCC seem better than BHCC when it comes to cyclepaths. The new route from lewes to Ringmer has a great surface ( but is full of free roaming dogs)... However they're intent on putting loose gravel down instead of proper road surfaces (again lewes to ringmer) which are terrible for bikes AND cars.

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
Working for an American team, on conference calls...." Dave , can you reach out to xxxxxx". Now I fecking well can't, however I can contact them if you want.

AAAAAARRRRRGHH

I feel your pain. The new phrase in the company I work for is 'let's take a holistic approach when dealing with our clients'.

The word 'c@nt' gets screamed very loudly in my head when this is said.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here