Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Three things: pies, Forest and...

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Zamora's contract at QPR does not expire until June 30th. Heard from a separate sauce this morning (who has never let me down) that he has signed a one year deal.

For what it may be worth, I've been told exactly the same.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Bobby might be past his best but he's still streets ahead of anything we had last season up front.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Yep, me too.

One year.

Didn't want to see him back myself, prefer to remember him as a legend.

Funny thing is, if true, I am very, very excited.

I've always hoped that one day he'd come back - I know there's been talk (even if only NSC talk) about it for YEARS, and I know that so many times the concept of a famous former player going back to a club doesn't work out, but given that his time here co-incided with when I first had a season ticket and really became a full-time Albion fan there's more than a hint of excitement on my part that it's finally looking likely to happen.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
83 goals for the albion in 136 games, before age 23.

Absolute albion deity.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Bobby might be past his best but he's still streets ahead of anything we had last season up front.

The only problem with that sentiment is:-

I'm streets ahead of anything we had last season up front.

An occasionally playing BZ is a short term vanity project to get the bobble hatters back on side.
He's a Mr Bump plaster over an amputation.

If his signing isn't backed up with a fit, healthy, class attacking unit, next season will be worse than this one.

Last edited:

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach

An occasionally playing BZ is a short term vanity project to get the bobble hatters back on side.

If his signing isn't backed up with a fit, healthy, class attacking unit, next season will be worse than this one.

Spot on.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Yep, me too.

One year.

Didn't want to see him back myself, prefer to remember him as a legend.

Funny thing is, if true, I am very, very excited.

Nail on head.

I don't normally post any transfer rumours and TBH have no desire to be ITK. However, I was told this as a fact by someone I used to stand in the North Stand with 25 years ago who knows people at the club but does not know Bozza. I will be seeing him every one or two weeks in the upcoming season so he's going to take some serious shite if wrong :lolol:

I really did not want us to look backwards. I thought it was a marketing gimmick. It probably still is. But I honestly could have jumped off my chair and high fived the ceiling when I heard what is still an unconfirmed story.

hertsseagull

hertsseagull
May 15, 2011
Not sure how this fits into the thread but does anyone else remember us chanting for almost the entire second half "we're going to win the league" despite being battered by Sheff Wed? A great Goldstone North Stand evening!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

It's a start!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
And I was there with Guiness Boy and others .......Time flys by were all in our last year at Hove Park ....from memory that game was played in fog..

Can't remember the fog but can remember watching what was quite a big game with a group of Hove Parkers and some swift jogging round the Sackville Road and Hove Station areas after. #WitnessTheFitness

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here