Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] The Live Music thread

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Just about to see Kraftwerk perform Autobahn, first night of their Katalogue Berlin residency. Venue is the Mies Van De Rohe designed gallery which is basically a single story glass box in the middle of the city. Can't wait.

My dad met Mies Van Der Rohe on many occassions when at Harvard studying Architecture, My dad's tutor was Walter Gropius, and Van Der Rohe was a close friend.

True story, if a little irrelevant and self indulgent.

Enjoy the gig, HT.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Anyone going to see Benjamin Booker in February? More importantly, did anyone buy too many tickets? I could really do with one (or two).

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I'm envious, but at least can hold on to the memories of Electricity at Tate Modern (2013/14?) and them at the Festival Hall (2004). I'm sure you'll have a great time.

I was at the Festival Hall gig as well.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
My dad met Mies Van Der Rohe on many occassions when at Harvard studying Architecture, My dad's tutor was Walter Gropius, and Van Der Rohe was a close friend.

True story, if a little irrelevant and self indulgent.

Enjoy the gig, HT.

Bloody hell. Self-indulge away, I love stories like this. You need to tell me more next time we meet.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I was so excited tonight I broke my own rule of 1 photo max.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 283
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 207
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 195
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    966.3 KB · Views: 282
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 260

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I will be sure to bore you to death.

Please do, I have a lay-mans interest in architecture and am familiar with the Bauhaus history....a school which both Gropius and Mies van der Rohe led.

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
February is always good in Perth for live music due to the ever eclectic Perth International Arts Festival but in 2015 it's looking better than ever. Festival Gardens in Northbridge hosts 5 of the 7 shows below I already have ticket(s) for with the full line up as per the link below:
https://2015.perthfestival.com.au/Whats-on-by-Genre/Contemporary-Music

Tuesday 3rd - Belle & Sebastian (Astor Theatre);
Friday 14th - Peter Hook & The Light performing a support set of JD "classics" then Low Life and Brotherhood in their entirety (Astor Theatre);
Monday 16th - The Budos Band (Festival Gardens) - the one I'm most excited about;
Friday 20th - Chet Faker (Festival Gardens);
Sunday 22nd - Stephen Malkmus & The Jicks (Festival Gardens);
Monday 23rd - Mogwai, supported by J.Mascis solo and acoustic (Festival Gardens);
Friday 27th - Parquet Courts (Festival Gardens).

Add to that the Laneway Festival in Fremantle on Sunday 11th which I've not got a ticket for yet and which features our very own Royal Blood plus Jungle, St.Vincent, Pond, Caribou, Flight Facilities, Flying Lotus and Sohn amongst others.....http://fremantle.lanewayfestival.com/line-up/, and this is a February like none other before here!

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
I'm led to believe that one of my "how come they're not bigger"'s is supporting Panda Bear on his forthcoming European jaunt.

I give you Jib Kidder, this one reminds me of Beck a bit but he's done a ridiculous amount of stuff ranging from the good to the sublime. Get on board!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Another night, another Kraftwerk gig. Tonight its Trans Europe Express.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Royal Blood-Monday
Kraftwerk (Berlin, Tour de France) - Tuesday
Kraftwerk (Amsterdam, Radioactivity) - Saturday

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
image.jpg

Hmmm...Leeds Fri night & Blackburn Albion next day...

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Yep, looks interesting.

The top 4 in particular shold be a really good finish. I really wanted to make sure there was a variety of sounds and I think we acheieved it. I remember going to 2-3-4 last year, which was good but it felt like 80% garage rock, by the end of it I just didn't want to hear another guitar.

However, there's a whole other day of great stuff that couldn't play - we'll save that for Day Two.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here