Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Soccer AID England v Rest of the World unofficial Match Day Thread

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Who is he?? They seem to wheel him out every two years for Soccer Aid. What else does he do to be a 'celebrity'??

He's mates with Robbie Williams and had a TV presenting and singing career that no-one seems to remember. He did score a cracking goal many years ago in a pre-cursor event to Socceraid that saw a team of celebs take on a team of ex pros. He seems to have been dining off of that goal ever since. Shame Davids didn't get a better forearm smash in there.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I'd happily donate double the money if ITV guaranteed they wouldn't show it every year.

I suppose it's a Good Cause etc, but it's cringeworthy TV.

Luckily for you its once every two years.

Bet yes it is shit, I flicked over to see Ollie Murs running through treckle his legs where moving but he was going no where fast, managed to put a decent cross in and I turned off and watched last weeks game of thrones again.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Seriously?? Being friends with a celebrity makes you a celebrity in the eyes of 'Soccer Aid'??

:nono:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
He organised it with Williams so gets a place in the team.

There were some excellent Jonathan Wilkes related Twitter comments going round last night. Maybe not excellent if you're Jonathan Wilkes, his wife, or his mother, but for the rest of us, it was extremely amusing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here