Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] The Apprentice is back!

FRYG

Bexhill Seagull
Apr 13, 2011
Bexhill
thought the whole skeleton thing last night was massively unfair on the losing team, they where by far the better team. (other than Roisin with the diamond)

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom
The skeleton thing was unbelievable - the product matched the vague description.

Sometimes in business you have to think differently and have initiative to be successful. Sugar has sent out the wrong message to young entrepreneurs with this one...

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
As soon as they bought that paper skeleton they were doomed. The flaw in the show is that Sugar is clearly guided by the end business venture and not the individual. The show loses credibility when Daniel has survived the board room four times and has very little going for him personally. I would much rather be in business with Felipe than Daniel.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
thought the whole skeleton thing last night was massively unfair on the losing team, they where by far the better team. (other than Roisin with the diamond)

That diamond dealer will have been properly embarrassed when he watched that back on telly. He was pathetic!

£140

"Could you pleeease help us? We're on a really tight budget" <makes big doe eyes>

I can do £100

"We were hoping somewhere around £60" <flutters eyelashes>

Listen. Just for you, as a real one off, I can go to £65

"Could we saaaaay £50?" <plays with hair>

Whimper. Yes £50...

I reckon she could have kept going. The guy was a jelly. I think she only stopped because she was starting to feel sorry for him, and didn't want to humiliate him any further.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
That diamond dealer will have been properly embarrassed when he watched that back on telly. He was pathetic!

£140

"Could you pleeease help us? We're on a really tight budget" <makes big doe eyes>

I can do £100

Whimper. Yes £50...

I reckon she could have kept going. The guy was a jelly. I think she only stopped because she was starting to feel sorry for him, and didn't want to humiliate him any further.

you forgot to mention the bit when he said his wife was blonde too...wonder if he got a hard time off of her

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
As soon as they bought that paper skeleton they were doomed. The flaw in the show is that Sugar is clearly guided by the end business venture and not the individual. The show loses credibility when Daniel has survived the board room four times and has very little going for him personally. I would much rather be in business with Felipe than Daniel.

but he is a season ticket holder at Leyton Orient :whistle:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
The skeleton thing was unbelievable - the product matched the vague description.

Sometimes in business you have to think differently and have initiative to be successful. Sugar has sent out the wrong message to young entrepreneurs with this one...

Yes, the paper skeleton was pushing the envelope a bit but showed initiative.

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008

£140

I can do £100

Whimper. Yes £50...

It's hardly business reality though is it? A bit of BBC manipulation of the situation, coupled with the allure of 15 seconds of prime time TV fame goes a long way in all of these supposedly hard-nosed bartering deals I should imagine.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The thing about the task is that it was clear Sugar wanted them to go to trade wholesalers not retailers and haggle over price. What he obviously WOULDN'T want if for a skeleton to be sourced from a Charing Cross Road book retailer. It wasn't even a gamble that went wrong, it was a singular failure to understand what the task was all about.

The boy Sanjay got away with murder there and if it wasn't for the beautiful Roisin fluttering her eyelids and tossing her hair at the diamond merchant they would have lost anyway. There is no way back for Sanjay after that.

Balders

Aug 19, 2013
that task (and many others in fact) don't replicate the real world - not only do they get deals as the retailer gets his 15 seconds on the telly, as mentioned above, but when asked to source 9 items in London - not a PC, Laptop,, Tablet etc in sight to google said items and retailers/wholesalers. When does any current business use the yellow pages???

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
that task (and many others in fact) don't replicate the real world - not only do they get deals as the retailer gets his 15 seconds on the telly, as mentioned above, but when asked to source 9 items in London - not a PC, Laptop,, Tablet etc in sight to google said items and retailers/wholesalers. When does any current business use the yellow pages???

Sanjay drove past a random commercial property that just happened to have a skeleton in the window, stopped the car, went in and was quoted £5,000. Regardless of iPads, laptops, Google etc that's clearly NOT the way to source any product.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
They spent SO much time thinking about where to go (and got fined heavily for not sourcing all the items) when I reckon you could have got FIVE (the tea, the kosher chicken, a metre of rope, the seeds and the scallops) at a single run of the mill retail park, with a big Tescos and a Homebase.

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
My wife could not see anything wrong with the rope.She said that Alan Sugar could cut it if he wanted it shorter!

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here