Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Daily Mirror: Pulis poised for Brighton

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Tony Pulis, leaves Palace cause they cant match his ambition....

....hardly coming here with nothing to spend

Do we even sell shit base ball caps?

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
It's the fear rather than the reality and I'm not suggesting PB is overpaid.

Wasn't implying that you thought PB was overpaid :)
Decent CEs are possibly hard to come by, but decent football managers are harder to come by (especially if you don't have parachute payments in our league).
Employing the best manager you can is not something you want to be saving a couple quid doing.
TB is still relatively new to the business of running a football club, so maybe he's had to learn this particular lesson the hard way.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Wasn't implying that you thought PB was overpaid :)
Decent CEs are possibly hard to come by, but decent football managers are harder to come by (especially if you don't have parachute payments in our league).
Employing the best manager you can is not something you want to be saving a couple quid doing.
TB is still relatively new to the business of running a football club, so maybe he's had to learn this particular lesson the hard way.

Yep.

Can't get away with the parallels with my industry.

I rarely watch TV now but have been in the industry for over 20 years. The output is what you see on the screen, that's what you judge. You don't see or hear the head of commissioning apologising or self congratulating themselves outside of a trade paper or an in house video.

You sometimes hear from the director general and mostly from the er.. talent.

CEO of a football club giving interviews ? You might as well have the head of catering on.

It's all a bit business to business and not talking to the fan on the street, sorry customer.

Southwest Seagull

Jul 3, 2013
I'm very much in the know for this (finally I can contribute something), and from what I understand he's not, and won't be particularly interested.

We (a) lack the budget for him to be interested, and (b) don't have a set up that he likes to work with.

Clearly if we REALLY want him, we'd have to really loosen the purse strings and probably get rid of Burke as well.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Two interesting points to note:

1) Victor Chandler opened the book at 14:02 today (according to oddschecker).
2) Pulis was chalked up at ruof having been double double carpet in the previous book.

So if Oddschecker's history is correct then the contraction of TP's odds are NOT market driven.

Another?
3) as TB & VC are ex work colleagues/friends the tissue may be considered more robust than many. OG was in the top 3 for months when no'one had ever heard of him. No smoke

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
I'm very much in the know for this (finally I can contribute something), and from what I understand he's not, and won't be particularly interested.

We (a) lack the budget for him to be interested, and (b) don't have a set up that he likes to work with.

Clearly if we REALLY want him, we'd have to really loosen the purse strings and probably get rid of Burke as well.

a) TB has £550m+ left to spend, this IS the time to recruit at a level of the 14th highest ST level in England (corporate higher) NOW is the time to go over the top and get the 'best' available with top flight experience
b) set ups can be changed, DB and others can be reassigned to our long term youth development at Lancing, whereas Manager calls the tune on 1st team buys

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I love the amount of people claiming we don't want his "style" of football which clearly refers to long ball.

Obviously none of these people watched Palace last season under him. Nothing like how he set up his stoke team.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Training at 5pm? Sami can do one

A light session or full...I know if my main session was 5-7 I would then want a decent meal an hour later which in turn wouldn't digest for 4 hours and I'd also be buzzing/wide awake until well past midnight delaying & changing sleep patterns etc etc (at the same time as kids/wives ignoring Sami & waking at 6 or 7 as usual = lack of sleep)

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
Well he could do a job, and anyone who could get us out of the drop zone and give the players back their esteem. is good in my book.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here