Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Milliband about to get torn a new one by Paxman on C4 now

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I'd argue that there isn't a political party ( left, right or centre ) that doesn't want these things. What they disagree on is how to achieve them.

A tactical vote is the vote of a fool

not if it keeps the tory out

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
[MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION]

Can we have the thread titles changed on these political threads, please? This one is called 'Cry Baby Milliband...' reflecting someone's view, possibly yours?!? Seems a bit childish to me, especially as there is far from universal agreement on that 'fact'. Why not just call this thread Cameron/Milliband TV debate. Same goes for the 'Stay out the polling station' thread, some reasoned debate would be nice, but the whole time the thread titles are ridiculing people that is not going to happen. Granted it probably still won't but it is a nice wish.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Can we have the thread titles changed on these political threads, please? This one is called 'Cry Baby Milliband...' reflecting someone's view, possibly yours?!? Seems a bit childish to me, especially as there is far from universal agreement on that 'fact'. Why not just call this thread Cameron/Milliband TV debate. Same goes for the 'Stay out the polling station' thread, some reasoned debate would be nice, but the whole time the thread titles are ridiculing people that is not going to happen. Granted it probably still won't but it is a nice wish.

Sure. This one has been changed back to what it originally was, inclusive of spelling mistake.

Update: as has HT's main election 2010 thread (I had trouble finding the original title at first).

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

The "Stay out the polling station" is aimed at me and I take it in the spirit it is intended. In fact I think I jokingly suggested the title. I find it amusing.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Sure. This one has been changed back to what it originally was. inclusive of spelling mistake.

Booooooo. Can I have the Stay Out..... title back?

D

Deleted member 22389

@Bozza

Us Kippers have had to put up with this crap for years and nobody changes our thread titles.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
@Bozza

reasoned debate you say.............yea like thats going to happen and some of these have got the vote :lolol:

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
Does anyone who posts in these threads actually have an objective view?

"Ooooh Dave's better than Ed"

"No Ed's better than Dave"

Surely the real issue is that both of them suck?

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Milliband visibly crumpled with Paxo's haymakers before managing to land a couple of uppercuts to his chin near the end. He still looked as though he had been through a war though

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
The "Stay out the polling station" is aimed at me and I take it in the spirit it is intended. In fact I think I jokingly suggested the title. I find it amusing.

It wasn't "aimed" at you in any negative sense! You're right; you suggested the title, in a joking way. I saw your post, thought "why not?", and changed it to what you had suggested; again, in a joking way.

NB to posters who might seek to make inferences: nothing above should be read as implying anything about how, or whether, I vote. T'was a joke - s'all.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It wasn't "aimed" at you in any negative sense! You're right; you suggested the title, in a joking way. I saw your post, thought "why not?", and changed it to what you had suggested; again, in a joking way.

NB to posters who might seek to make inferences: nothing above should be read as implying anything about how, or whether, I vote. T'was a joke - s'all.

Absolutely no offence has been taken and in all honestly I liked the title and I'm happy for it be reintroduced.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
For what it's worth...looks like Milliband shaded it on social media. As I didn't watch it (and wouldn't vote for either of those two jokers anyway) I would like to think I am not particularly biased.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-trending-32071377

I did watch it, and am biased, but Miliband was always likely to be more successful on social media, as both social media users are a younger demographic and they're more likely to vote Labour.

Igzilla

Sep 27, 2012
Worthing
I did watch it, and am biased, but Milliband was always likely to be more successful on social media, as both social media users are a younger demographic and they're more likely to vote Labour.

What is interesting is if you dig into the numbers, Cameron actually gained more positive tweets than Milliband (10.4k vs 6.7k) but he also generated much more negative (19.2k vs 4k). Whilst is is probably true that the twitter demographic is skewed to the younger end of the age spectrum (thus giving Labour a numerical advantage) it seems that the Tories stimulate a far deeper emotional response than Labour do amongst the twitterati (30k tweets about Cameron vs 10.5k tweets about Milliband).

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
What is interesting is if you dig into the numbers, Cameron actually gained more positive tweets than Milliband (10.4k vs 6.7k) but he also generated much more negative (19.2k vs 4k). Whilst is is probably true that the twitter demographic is skewed to the younger end of the age spectrum (thus giving Labour a numerical advantage) it seems that the Tories stimulate a far deeper emotional response than Labour do amongst the twitterati (30k tweets about Cameron vs 10.5k tweets about Milliband).

Thanks for this. I agree, it's interesting.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
All this thread proves is that modern politics is a waste of time. There's no political choice anymore and FFTP doesn't work in the modern world, we need to scrap it and bring in PR.

The red team people still support the red team and the blue team still support the blue team. What a load of pointless bollocks!

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
All this thread proves is that modern politics is a waste of time. There's no political choice anymore and FFTP doesn't work in the modern world, we need to scrap it and bring in PR.

Really? I'd have said that with the arrival of a credible far-right party in UKIP and a left-wing alternative in the Greens and with a strong Celtic nationalist presence; voters have got more of a choice than they've had for years.

And PR is not going to happen, not for at least 10 years anyway

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here