Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Iain Duncan Smith resigns

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
i think you're being hopelessly optimistic, politicans dont think like that generally and, far left, statist, marxist politicans even less. even if it was his plan, you have to consider if the others around him would go with it, and then the Momentum group and other Corbynits back a centerist candidate. lets see how well they cope with the Trident split this spring. and on top of that, you are assuming that post Brexit the Tory's will fall apart, they've lived with simmering split on europe for 25 years, im sure they can carry on. so many things have to align.

depends on who this might be TBH I don't have any idea, once I start getting back to meetings I might be able to say, but like all politicians most are shape shifters until you meet them or someone you know well has met them how can you tell.
the Labour party have a large pack to chose from lets hope they chose well,but until then I am happy with Corbyn he is laying a good base.

KVLT

Sep 15, 2008
Rutland
Typical politicians, this is more about the referendum and political careers than the country they are paid to represent.
I'm a Tory Boy but this is as low as it gets, "we are in this together", clearly not!

Please keep up at the back!

Nigel-Adkins.jpg

ThePompousPaladin

Apr 7, 2013
Sorry, what?

The budget may very well affect me. I'm sure it does - I've just not looked yet. That's not through some sort of flippancy either. If it's anything, it's more an "ostrich head-in-the-sand" thing as I'm out of work for the first time since I left university over 20 years ago. I've got a sizeable mortgage and a family to look after.

But, also, it's like gravity right? Whatever has been announced I can't influence in any meaningful way at all.

[MENTION=1416]Ernest[/MENTION] threw a flippant remark at me and I responded in kind. There is nothing more to see here than that.

Ye ye. Of course...

Edit:
Just in case you don't get it. From your reply i don't think you have.
You wouldn't be flippant about something that so badly affects those that you care about.

As i said, not the brightest reply. I'm glad you're doing alright.

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Ye ye. Of course...

Edit:
Just in case you don't get it. From your reply i don't think you have.
You wouldn't be flippant about something that so badly affects those that you care about.

As i said, not the brightest reply. I'm glad you're doing alright.

No sign of [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] today. Once the hangover subsides I guess he will sheepishly rejoin this thread :lolol:

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
He's not doing it for the greater good of the disadvantaged. This is the man who closed down Remploy and claimed disabled people are 'not normal'.

This is to do with chasing votes for the 'Out' campaign.

Overly-cynical IMHO...

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
New DWP Secretary already under fire for links to an organisation who can CURE gay people, this weekend gets better and better [MENTION=409]Herr Tubthumper[/MENTION]

Seems a suitable and qualified replacement for IDS.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 158

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
How many policies has Gideon had to u-turn on in his 8budgets.

I canthink of four, Pasty tax, Caravan tax, benefits cap, and now, PIP cuts. Shirley, anyone else this incompetent should be forced to resign or get sacked.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Interesting to see how many people in this thread self identify as Labour thickies and get all precious about it :lolol: If you dish it out ladies don't whine when you get it back!

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
Osborne is pretty hated amongst Conservative MPs. It is only because of his closeness to the PM that he's still in the job. Personally I think it's time for a new chancellor, someone that might actually stick to what they say.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Overly-cynical IMHO...

Cynical perhaps. But the alternative is to think that IDS has a social so science and wants to stand up for the disabled, which is inconsistent with his previous comments and policies.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Who cares anyway on our way MK Dons as we speak ,got a seat a table few cans of lager , coke for the kids , happy days :thumbsup:

Brilliant! Hope you had a cracker.:thumbsup:

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
And regarding Ian Duncan-Smith, if anyone thinks he's resigned because he's had an epiphany and become a social democrat with thoughts of the disadvantaged high in his mind then you're wrong. He's resigned so that he can position himself against Osborne, pure and simple. IDS doesn't have a conscience. IDS couldn't care less about the disabled.

Interesting to see how many people in this thread self identify as Labour thickies and get all precious about it :lolol: If you dish it out ladies don't whine when you get it back!

Hand it back all you want Tory boy, your bunch of posh tw-ats are going down in flames right now, fair play if you come up with anything funnier than that :lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here