Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

has Jamie Vardie turned down arsenal??..

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Good work by the Spurs players in the England squad :)

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
call my cynical but this has all the hallmarks of an agent earning his fee.

Agent makes clubs aware of the release clause in his client's contract, Arsenal activate it. Agent then goes back to Leicester, "well, Jamie's on X a week and Arsenal have offered him Y. He'd love to stay so if you were to match it he'll be happy to sign revised contract with updated terms".

Player signs new contract at club.His agent just used the transfer to find out his market value in terms of salary from an established top 4 club and got him on it.

Not cynical, thats probably exactly what happened, and so be it!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Good work by the Spurs players in the England squad :)

Why?

I'd suggest it would be entirely in Spur's interests for Arsenal to spunk their war-chest on a striker who is neither very good, nor well suited to their style of play, than to actually go and find somebody better / more suitable.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Why?

I'd suggest it would be entirely in Spur's interests for Arsenal to spunk their war-chest on a striker who is neither very good, nor well suited to their style of play, than to actually go and find somebody better / more suitable.

Opinions, opinions. I fancy Vardy would make Arsenal a stronger squad, but maybe he's happier playing with top lads like Ulloa rather than cvnts like Wilshere?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here