Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

Cranky

Jan 13, 2007
See the forums over there. I've added to your post on that very subject and a post about the Tour of Med balls up. I've a thing for level playing fields in any game or competition. If I think things aren't fair then I'm not interested and I'll just walk away.........thus

:flounce: :lolol:

Judging by the fact it has been ignored for a few weeks on their forum I don't think us non premium players are that high on the agenda.

It is a good game, just a shame it has to be so complicated!

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Judging by the fact it has been ignored for a few weeks on their forum I don't think us non premium players are that high on the agenda.

It is a good game, just a shame it has to be so complicated!

Well I've let 'em have it with both barrels so I think your thread could have some legs in it now. Be interesting to see what happens.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Edit: It appears that to get out of their balls up they've opted to open up Tour du Med to standard players now. They've got too greedy, put too many bells and whistles on their site and totally F%&£ed it up. That'll do for me then I think. Not wasting my time playing silly buggers all season.

I've just checked the Tour du Med - it is no longer available - unless I go premium, which I obviously won't.

Shame - it's fun to see [MENTION=225]Hamilton[/MENTION] floundering.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I've just checked the Tour du Med - it is no longer available - unless I go premium, which I obviously won't.

Shame - it's fun to see [MENTION=225]Hamilton[/MENTION] floundering.

It may not be available now but you've still got two stage scores counting that most of the rest of us haven't. Leagues therefore are meaningless. The organisers don't seem to want to understand the issue either. They still believe that the unlimited transfer carry over premium players had last season wasn't an unfair advantage in the game either :facepalm: Funny how they changed that rule this season though to make it fair again.

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
It may not be available now but you've still got two stage scores counting that most of the rest of us haven't. Leagues therefore are meaningless. The organisers don't seem to want to understand the issue either. They still believe that the unlimited transfer carry over premium players had last season wasn't an unfair advantage in the game either :facepalm: Funny how they changed that rule this season though to make it fair again.

I quite regularly miss the start of races - I missed stage 1 of Qatar hence my 9th place. It was definitely the missed stage, and certainly nothing to do with my terrible team. Yes, that's it...

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I quite regularly miss the start of races - I missed stage 1 of Qatar hence my 9th place. It was definitely the missed stage, and certainly nothing to do with my terrible team. Yes, that's it...

Blimey, not another one missing the point :facepalm:

If players have two stages worth of points that others don't, how does that make the league equal? If I miss two stages because I missed picking a team for a SCHEDULED race then that's my own silly fault and nothing to complain about. This is not the case here. There was an error in the game that they've so far only half fixed.

I'm a stickler for a fair competition. Quite happy to lose when my team are shite and pleased for others when their team does well. That's not the issue here, although to be fair, my team have been pretty shite in Qatar :lolol:

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset
Blimey, not another one missing the point :facepalm:

If players have two stages worth of points that others don't, how does that make the league equal? If I miss two stages because I missed picking a team for a SCHEDULED race then that's my own silly fault and nothing to complain about. This is not the case here. There was an error in the game that they've so far only half fixed.

I'm a stickler for a fair competition. Quite happy to lose when my team are shite and pleased for others when their team does well. That's not the issue here, although to be fair, my team have been pretty shite in Qatar :lolol:

Calm down 1066, Looks like they'll take the med points out.

Also, I reckon missing the first stage can be an advantage. I would have out boonen in and scored way more points overall.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

Also, I reckon missing the first stage can be an advantage. I would have out boonen in and scored way more points overall.

I'm a bit fed up because I'm struggling to get the organisers to see sense on their forum. Cranky has had the same issue.

I know it's only a game, and whilst I do take it too seriously at times and I get a bit competitive I'm generally not that small minded to be throwing my toys out of my pram when things don't go my way. My posts on here testify that I'm not a sore loser - all things being equal. But unequal anything will piss me off and get me on my high horse I'm afraid.

You're right about missing the first stage being an advantage when doing purist. I hadn't really seen it that way - I might use it as a legitimate tatic in future races :lolol: :jester:

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011

Yeah, I missed the first stage of the Tour du Med, and picking a team for stage 2 was, therefore, easy... I just looked at the top ten and cherry picked. I scored 113 points for the second stage, and fully anticipate these going...not that I'm bothered either way. I like taking part in each competition, and looking at the league for these (Vuelta 2013, championes...) and have not really noticed the 'season' league. I can see why it would annoy you 1066, you're better at the game, more thorough than all of us.

[MENTION=225]Hamilton[/MENTION] will be gutted. He scored 20 points in Stages 1 and 2 with his 'belter' of a team. :lolol:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Yeah, I missed the first stage of the Tour du Med, and picking a team for stage 2 was, therefore, easy... I just looked at the top ten and cherry picked. I scored 113 points for the second stage, and fully anticipate these going...not that I'm bothered either way. I like taking part in each competition, and looking at the league for these (Vuelta 2013, championes...) and have not really noticed the 'season' league. I can see why it would annoy you 1066, you're better at the game, more thorough than all of us.

[MENTION=225]Hamilton[/MENTION] will be gutted. He scored 20 points in Stages 1 and 2 with his 'belter' of a team. :lolol:

It's all a bit sad I know, but when you look fat in anything, let alone lycra, and 40 miles can catch you out when it's time to go uphill near the end of the ride, and your brain knows where you want to be in a game of six a side by your body can't quite there and your knee and back hurts after every game you play - still being at least half decent at something suddenly starts to matter...a bit :blush: :lolol:

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton

They have all been fired Cheese eating surrender monkeys the lot of 'em!

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
It's all a bit sad I know, but when you look fat in anything, let alone lycra, and 40 miles can catch you out when it's time to go uphill near the end of the ride, and your brain knows where you want to be in a game of six a side by your body can't quite there and your knee and back hurts after every game you play - still being at least half decent at something suddenly starts to matter...a bit :blush: :lolol:

:smile:

I've followed pro cycling since 1984, but bow down to you at your in depth knowledge. I wish I had the patience - and the memory - that you clearly have. At the beginning of each season it becomes clear to me that I have completely forgotten everything I know about the sport. :(

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Now I'm a bit more awake.
I hope you don't think I was being rude, brushing your question off with a 'we've already covered that answer'.
But as you can see from #9594, and the subsequent replies, you and [MENTION=188]culvers[/MENTION] are pretty much identical, although it would seem you've started with a better bike!!.

I guarantee (unless you're really unlucky and ask 'where can I get a Team Sky jersey from') your next set of questions won't be replied to with a series of numbers.
'We covered your first point in #2804 & #3749, and your second point in #4173 & #12', won't happen, we are friendlier than that, honest.

No offence taken, guided me in the right direction.

Hi Rookie, welcome onboard. As Stat said we have recently covered this subject, but a quick overview is, ride as many bikes as you can.

The Moser is nice, personally, I think it is better than the Felt as the wheels are better which is the main thing imo. Only problem with the Moser is you cannot try it, unless you are willing to travel to Bath as that is the only stockist I can find.

Good review of the Moser here and having seen that I take it all back. Those tubes are ugly!

Of the bikes that I briefly looked at on Wiggle at that price point the Felt is the nicest frame, Moser best wheels, Battaglin looked quite nice, though the wheels look cheap and the Mekk just a bit grim allround and the same goes for the GT.

As Stat always says when you ride the right bike you will know. So keep trying as many as you can and be prepared to spend a little more than you wanted to for THE bike. Finally, a little piece of advice that I found useful when I worked in a bike shop, buy the smallest bike that you can comfortably fit on, for some reason the male psyche always makes us think we are bigger than we are. My first bike purchase with my own money as a teenager was 58cm, which was clearly too big for me. Now fifteen years down the line my posh bike is 54cm, and I have certainly not shrunk. Interestingly the reverse is true for women, try explaining to a fitness freak, whip thin lady that she is in fact a Large, does not go down well at all.

Much appreciated, thank you for the advice. I have got to get myself out and try a few more

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

How very dare you, take that back or I'll sue you for slander.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
How very dare you, take that back or I'll sue you for slander.

Yes, silly of me. Sorry. I take it back and apologise unreservedly. You are clearly the most dedicated and thorough player in the NSC league. Your levels of research, and in depth knowledge of the riders and their teams know no bounds and I bow down to your obvious genius. :bowdown:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Yes, silly of me. Sorry. I take it back and apologise unreservedly. You are clearly the most dedicated and thorough player in the NSC league. Your levels of research, and in depth knowledge of the riders with silly names and their teams know no bounds and I bow down to your obvious genius. :bowdown:
I should hope so.

I made the necessary change that takes the edge off your sarcasm.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here