Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Dale Stephens

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Given that every player has a price, just where would you put the tipping point for a bid for Stephens to be successful? Or more to the point, at what point might PB and TB decide the offer was too good to refuse?

My gut feel is if Derby come in with a £3m offer then he'll go

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
They need a midfielder, Kemy was chomping at the bit to play most of last season and is without a club, wouldn't cost them a fee.

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
Doesn't appear as if we need to sell anyone to finance who we already have brought in. Dunk I assume would go if a Premier League club came in for him, or if Fulham bid something stupid like £7.5m, as we have bought 2 CB's recently. Stephens would be a tricky one, as we can all see he's forming a very useful partnership with Kayal in midfield, v important in the formation we play. I think CH would be furious if we sold him, and we don't have a like for like replacement in the wings, so selling him could really affect our performances, which hasn't seemed to have happened with Dunk being benched. My gut feeling is we won't sell, unless a truly ridiculous offer comes in, circa £6m and his head is turned

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
I am a great Dale fan. Just suppose the rumor, that came from Charlton,when we signed him ,that he wanted a move north is true.BHA recognize this and accept 3.5 Ml (about the same price as Marshall ) because the player has not settled.........???

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

If we're not going to sell Dunk for £5m (having just brought in 2 decent looking centre backs), then I can't see Stephens going for as little as that. Something wrong with your guts; take some Imodium.

Jul 21, 2015
Given that every player has a price, just where would you put the tipping point for a bid for Stephens to be successful? Or more to the point, at what point might PB and TB decide the offer was too good to refuse?

If they want to keep taken one step forward and three back then we'll never get promoted.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

I would hope not. Success is all about building a team as well as having good individuals, and I think Stevens' partnership with Kayal makes him worth more to us than his notional value on the transfer market.

I'm sure there IS a price that PB and TB would accept, but I would hope that's a darned sight more than £3M!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
If they want to keep taken one step forward and three back then we'll never get promoted.
Would £25M persuade them? Of course it would - not that anyone would pay that, but somewhere between the £2.5M allegedly offered and £25M there is a tipping point - I'm just wondering where that point might be. Because one thing is as certain as tomorrow is Saturday, that magic number exists!

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
If Butterfield can be valued at £5m and he was 12 months ago a makeweight in Adam Clayton's move to Boro, then surely Stephens value has to be at least similar?

Absolutely no chance of him going for £3m IMO.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Maybe he is settled here and thinks he may further his career by sticking with us.

*very old fashioned and clutching at straws*

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here