Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

David Silva "disrespects" the 96 and their families...?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I'm starting to feel sorry for the " Carlos Kickaball's " who come over to play football yet have to tiptoe through all the historical and political niceties of joining an English football club... " now we hate this lot but we hate this lot more, when we play this lot at home the fans will normally imitate dive bombers but you can't do that. We don't like that lot 'cos they are plastics but they don't like us because in 1963 we got their captain sent off but a few years later they broke the leg of......" ad infinitum.... All this while trying to learn English and grapple with the long ball and POMO.

Northstandite

Jun 6, 2011
The majority of Liverpool fans are idiots so this doesn't surprise me

Oh God. A thread, worthy of the stirring Daily Mail, has predictably attracted the usual array of anti-anyone (could be Liverpool or any other grouping, to slag off) trolls.
Better here I suppose, than stretching their brain cell to make an intelligent contribution to any topic.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Many contributors to this thread ought to be ashamed. Hillsborough's dead deserve a lot more respect than to be used for such cynical, snide, gloating and point scoring comments.

Shame on you.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Many contributors to this thread ought to be ashamed. Hillsborough's dead deserve a lot more respect than to be used for such cynical, snide, gloating and point scoring comments.

Shame on you.

Fishing? Genuinely cannot tell.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Typically now that luciferous mite's side have taken the lead. Will pure evil always win? Fooey to injustice. I pray with all my confused mind that this impish ne'erdowell somehow gets his comeuppance by either being sent back to Victorian times when men his size lived in chimneys or has a mandatory season-long appearance on Allotment Wars, the longest-to-watch programme on tv to watch and therefore surely the dullest to possibly make over the 3 months of growing the perfect sweet pea.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail

Shame on you.

No-one is disrespecting the dead. If anyone is using the incident as a vehicle to make cynical, snide, gloating and point scoring comments, it is those who are abusing Silva.

The Facebook link says as much.

Southern Toon

Aug 6, 2010
Typically now that luciferous mite's side have taken the lead. Will pure evil always win? Fooey to injustice. I pray with all my confused mind that this impish ne'erdowell somehow gets his comeuppance by either being sent back to Victorian times when men his size lived in chimneys or has a mandatory season-long appearance on Allotment Wars, the longest-to-watch programme on tv to watch and therefore surely the dullest to possibly make over the 3 months of growing the perfect sweet pea.

For those of us without Google Translate, can we have that in English please.

The majority of Liverpool fans are idiots so this doesn't surprise me

I don't suppose you have any statistics to back that up do you?

If not, I suppose the majority of Brighton fans are gay, some uninformed, illogical, football fans say it so it must be true.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
He'd pulled it back up several times apparently.

In the "heat of battle" and 2-0 down in the middle of a huge game, I guess his thoughts weren't immediately trained on the friends and families of the 96. He'd worn the armband, it was too loose and proving to be an irritant/distraction, so he dropped it on the touchline.

I think its a stretch to look at that as being a deliberate act of disrespect, but any perceived slight on this subject seems to provoke reactions of complete and utter hysteria amongst some fans.
How very dare you.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

The Camel

Nov 1, 2010
Darlington, UK
While I have every possible sympathy for the families and friends of the people who died at Hillsborough that day, I am genuinely puzzled why football authorities choose to commemorate those dead, but ignore those who died at Ibrox, Valley Parade, Heysel and in a bar in Turkey.

Perhaps it's time for the past to be left in the past and just let the clubs and people involved to mourn and remember.

Forcing people who have no connection to Liverpool to remember is just mawkish and over sentimentalisation.

Rohana

I'm.Actually.Dead.
Feb 16, 2010
Shoreham-By-Sea
While I have every possible sympathy for the families and friends of the people who died at Hillsborough that day, I am genuinely puzzled why football authorities choose to commemorate those dead, but ignore those who died at Ibrox, Valley Parade, Heysel and in a bar in Turkey.

Perhaps it's time for the past to be left in the past and just let the clubs and people involved to mourn and remember.

Forcing people who have no connection to Liverpool to remember is just mawkish and over sentimentalisation.

I think when Justice is finally achieved for the 96 people who lost their lives, we'll see the tributes/remembrance die down a bit.

The others are all closed cases, we know what happened and lessons have been learnt from them, which have allowed us to make watching the game safer. Hillsborough has still yet to reach that point, 25 years after that tragic day.

IMO, like.

The Camel

Nov 1, 2010
Darlington, UK
I think when Justice is finally achieved for the 96 people who lost their lives, we'll see the tributes/remembrance die down a bit.

The others are all closed cases, we know what happened and lessons have been learnt from them, which have allowed us to make watching the game safer. Hillsborough has still yet to reach that point, 25 years after that tragic day.

IMO, like.

What "justice" do they want?

The government has apologised and supporters have been absolved from all blame.

I don't think there are ever going to be criminal prosecutions, if that's the justice they are after.

ExmouthExile

Feb 11, 2005
What "justice" do they want?

The government has apologised and supporters have been absolved from all blame.

I don't think there are ever going to be criminal prosecutions, if that's the justice they are after.

Correct. They got justice, and now, after 25 years, it's time to let go and move on and they can't, they don't want to let go. For many of them, I think the last 25 years of fighting for justice has been their way of holding on to their loved ones and keeping the connection alive. Sad and understandable, but now it's time to let the 96 rest in peace.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here