Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

86.7% season ticket renewals...

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
I hope the club can help the casual long distance fans, as we have many fans who try and come from all over the country to the Amex home games when they can. Some of these fans may have had a season tickets in the first years at the Amex however not going into the premier and extra seats being put in they may buy tickets on a match by match basis now. We are also getting new fans all the time once youngsters have had a visit to the Amex. I take my hat of to all the fans who travel to the Amex from outside Sussex on a regular basis. Let's finish the season strongly and beat Watford.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Do you honestly think that there's a waiting list for Season Tickets now? Extra seats were put in and ST renewals dropped last year. Now we are seeing another drop in ST renewals. I suspect that there hasn't been a waiting list since the first season at The Amex. Maybe waiting lists to move to a different seat but for a new ST? Unlikely.

STs are on general sale so there isn't one.

There might not be one now, but that is because the waiting list window has already come and gone...

Following on from what has been a highly- impressive season ticket renewals and waiting list purchasers’ window, Brighton & Hove Albion are pleased to announce season tickets will be available to the general public from Monday 20th April.

Source: http://www.seagulls.co.uk/news/arti...n-season-tickets-on-general-sale-2405833.aspx

However, the waiting list is artificially created, to a degree, in that the club stop selling season tickets for a period of time so if you do want one, then you join a list until the next window opens. It's certainly not a case of being on a waiting list until such time as someone doesn't renew and you can take their place.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
There might not be one now, but that is because the waiting list window has already come and gone...

Source: http://www.seagulls.co.uk/news/arti...n-season-tickets-on-general-sale-2405833.aspx

However, the waiting list is artificially created, to a degree, in that the club stop selling season tickets for a period of time so if you do want one, then you join a list until the next window opens. It's certainly not a case of being on a waiting list until such time as someone doesn't renew and you can take their place.
So it isn't really a waiting list, more a 'wait until the end of the season so you can select the best seats available' list.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
1000 people were on it this season according to the club.

I think there will be more this season, and likely a fair few that simply repeat the exercise

I'd imagine many of those cancelling will put their names down and see how we do next season, if we have a major turnaround they wouldn't want to miss out on a Prem seat, which is what the 2 next to me did

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
1000 people were on it this season according to the club.
They also said that Hyypia is here for years to come and the club's fantastic transfer activities have given him a squad capable of a top six finish.

I wouldn't believe too much coming out of Barber's spin factory at the moment. There might well be 1000 people on a list to buy a ST for the 15/16 season but it's only a 'wait until the end of the season so you can pick your seat(s)' list.

I wish that there were people disappointed that they can't get a season ticket straight away and they have to wait for somebody to give theirs up because demand outstrips supply.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
They also said that Hyypia is here for years to come and the club's fantastic transfer activities have given him a squad capable of a top six finish

I wouldn't believe too much coming out of Barber's spin factory at the moment. There might well be 1000 people on a list to buy a ST for the 15/16 season but it's only a 'wait until the end of the season so you can pick your seat(s)

sure but the final ST figure won't be the 87% renewal number. Doubt it will tick up that much but yes. There will be new season (or returning) ticket holders in 15/16. And some of those on the waiting list or seat move list if you like will have converted, to add to that overall number.

HalfaSeatOn

Mar 17, 2014
North West Sussex
Tbh I saw the 'waiting list' as a £20 payment to choose your spot before the general sale aka bronze membership. This newbie waited for it to go on general sale and decided to take the plunge this morning - plenty of choice.

Mattywerewolf

Mar 7, 2012
Saff of the River
sure but the final ST figure won't be the 87% renewal number. Doubt it will tick up that much but yes. There will be new season (or returning) ticket holders in 15/16. And some of those on the waiting list or seat move list if you like will have converted, to add to that overall number.

Exactly

As i've said on other threads, I was on the bronze membership and paid £20 for the privileged. I saw this as an option to have a weeks window to buy a season ticket before they went on general sale.

So when my bronze window opened i called and bought the season ticket and found that 1. The phones were very busy (suggesting i was not alone in following this course of action), 2. That in the family area the seats remaining were not that many suggesting most existing season ticket holders had renewed. (as we now know)

I would also anticipate a few would have thought I will save myself £20 and buy a ticket once others have since the take up will be poor. They still can but i'd imagine they will get a worse selection than they anticipated.

I find it hard to accept that many would buy the bronze membership and then not use it at all. Might as well have bought 5 pints (4 in London!). So that would imply 1,000 paid £20 and then i would expect a significant proportion bought a season ticket off the back of this. Some did take up the old version called a 'blue' membership which i think was free and gave a priority ticket booking for oversubscribed games like Arsenal in FA Cup, but this has been taken away now.

The facts are all there, why do some people persist in just arguing against the facts when they disprove what they thought before? Some people on NSC are stubborn i guess ???

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
We will have by far the biggest ST occupation of any teams in the 3rd tier of football. Some of our, so called fans have the cheek to take the p..s out of other clubs support.
So you're saying if we go down our support will be unprecedented at that level and yet wonder why (some) of our fans take the piss at worse supported clubs? Since when have football fans been reasonable or declined to engage in banter. Having a massive number of season ticket holders enfranchises those that wish to do so.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
We will have by far the biggest ST occupation of any teams in the 3rd tier of football. Some of our, so called fans have the cheek to take the p..s out of other clubs support.

BG, you seem convinced that we're going down. Did you know that you could get odds of 125-1 on this right now? You should place a £4 bet on it; it'll pay for a Senior season ticket in Zone D - some of the best seats in the Amex - and you'll still have money left over for 14 pints of Harveys!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
BG, you seem convinced that we're going down. Did you know that you could get odds of 125-1 on this right now? You should place a £4 bet on it; it'll pay for a Senior season ticket in Zone D - some of the best seats in the Amex - and you'll still have money left over for 14 pints of Harveys!

I am not convinced of relegation and have been trying to persuade my sons we are safe for some weeks. The poor gutless showing at Wigan and Rotherham, as told to me by my brother who went, I have given up going to away games, has brought the possibility home to me. If Millwall do not lose tomorrow we are in deep s...t , not impossible to get out of but desperate. I would never bet against BHA irrespective of the odd offered

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Tbh I saw the 'waiting list' as a £20 payment to choose your spot before the general sale aka bronze membership. This newbie waited for it to go on general sale and decided to take the plunge this morning - plenty of choice.

Good for you chap, glad to see some new STHs coming through. I hope you're rewarded with a somewhat better season than this one just gone, then who knows, you might renew for the following seasons too.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I am not convinced of relegation and have been trying to persuade my sons we are safe for some weeks. The poor gutless showing at Wigan and Rotherham, as told to me by my brother who went, I have given up going to away games, has brought the possibility home to me. If Millwall do not lose tomorrow we are in deep s...t , not impossible to get out of but desperate. I would never bet against BHA irrespective of the odd offered

If Millwall win tomorrow, they still need to get 4 points against Derby and Wolves (even if we get beaten 6 or 7 nil by Watford and Midds.). I wouldn't back them to get more than 1 point from those 2 fixtures; it's hardly a desperate deep shit situation.

Relax. Most things we worry about in life will never happen; this is probably one of them.

HalfaSeatOn

Mar 17, 2014
North West Sussex
Good for you chap, glad to see some new STHs coming through. I hope you're rewarded with a somewhat better season than this one just gone, then who knows, you might renew for the following seasons too.

Cheers SP. I was 50:50 but what swayed it was the whole Matchday experience - ease and cost of rail travel, good value 2nd tier footy (or even 3 rd tier!), buzz of the North stand concourse, proud tradition, Ale, Pies etc. There has been the briefest glimpses of quality on the pitch but if it does kick on next season it will be well worth it. Anyway, support your local league club I say.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Non-1901 s/t numbers have fallen from 20,175 to 16,000 in just two s/t renewal windows.

That must have a major hit on the player budget and also profit/loss, as the lost income is all off of marginal income available after fixed costs.

Add the lost catering income from the c. 7,500 now often not turning up at games.

A lot of thinking for TB and PB to do.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here