Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Strange happenings this morning / Banned IP addresses

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Why does my Tapatalk say I am banned? It has said that for a few months at least now. I am still able to post though.

You were in a secondary user group for some reason (not a banned one). I've turned that off which should make that go away.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Rackspace or something to do with Cloudflare is my guess without having more info. Think NSC still uses Cloudflare?

No, not any more - I wasn't happy with it. You're right though, it could look a bit like this - although Cloudflare do have quite an array of IP addresses, but I'd made a change so NSC saw the proper IP address for each user.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
So have the hosts implemented some sort of firewalling/natting/proxy? The IPaddr my browser is targeting for northstandchat.com is 98.129.229.50... this the address seems to route through loads of hops in the 'rackspace' world, the last of which are...

22 133 ms 133 ms 133 ms po1.corea-core10.core10.dfw3.rackspace.net [74.205.108.49]
23 137 ms 137 ms 136 ms core10-aggr170b-2.dfw3.rackspace.net [67.192.88.151]
24 136 ms 137 ms 136 ms 98.129.229.50

What is the address that client connections are appearing on... perhaps the subnet it belongs to will be a clue as to who is doing it??

That's all very well, but I'm not believing anything I read on this thread until we have BG's input.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
That's all very well, but I'm not believing anything I read on this thread until we have BG's input.

I let BG do some admin duties on NSC.

"What's the worst that could happen?" I thought to myself.

D

Deleted member 22389

Its stressful running a large site like this. I have been there myself, and when the site is turning over 30k a day like the one I was responsible for everyone is on your case.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Two things...

1. People will continue to have problems logging in if they don't stay logged in (check the box). I keep manually emptying the table in the database that clear the locking but this relies on me remembering and doing it. It fills up quickly with failed logins so unless I do it every 5 minute or so, and I can't, login issues are likely to continue. Sorry.

2. The tone of some of the emails I've received have been pretty 'direct'. Who would want to work in customer service, eh?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Is there a Helpline for those unable to cope ?

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
I let BG do some admin duties on NSC.

"What's the worst that could happen?" I thought to myself.

He could drop it in the bath, and the shuttle won't work?

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
mines been OK ...............but then I came on at 7am and stayed logged on

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
so i dont need to set up the 'nsc withdrawal symptoms' phone line now then?

Is there a Helpline for those unable to cope ?

the standard procedure is to use north stand polls. then cry a little and seek professional help for that.

i dont know if its still as it was, should probably prefix that NSFW. or NSFH either really.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Brighton 8049. That's the number for Albion information every day, 24 hours a day.

Failing that:

http://www.seagullschat.com
Lol x

So it's YOU who conspires to mock the afflicted. Who is that woman who calls 'number not recognised', as I seek Tony's warm consolation of Albion information ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here