Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet's team vs Houghton's team

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
The moron is the person who can't get the manager's name right after more than a year at the helm when it's plastered all over the forum every day.
I don't bother about your inability to spell unnecessary but it really is stupid of the OP not to be able to spell Hughton. Don't you think?

Who gives a sh** about anyone's name being spelt incorrectly in a forum, or anything else come to that. Doesn't take many brain cells to work out who he means. Get some manners, why don't you follow the thread and make some genuine input to the question asked, instead of labelling other posters as morons? If I spelt a word incorrectly, I'm devastated, in fact my life is probably now in ruins...thanks for that. :facepalm:

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
A fan can't even get the manager's name right. I find the stupidity rather annoying.

Some pepole have got there prioritiees in life completalee rong, some1 spellling sumfing rong cood bee four numorus resons lick dyslexia or fatt finngers..

Chillax feind their are farr moore importent thinks in the wourld to worrey aboot lick punctuaction.....!

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Stockdale
Bruno, Greer, Upson, Bridge
Knockart, Kayal, Vicente, Lualua
Ulloa, Wilson

Kuzcszak, Dunk, Bong, Stephens, Bridcutt, Buckley, Zamora

Poyets 7, Hughtons 7 & 4 who played for both so a very even split. Add to that list other squad players in Rosenior, Goldson, Orlandi, Barnes and I'm still no nearer to making a decision.

My heart says Poyet had a better 11 but Hughton has a better squad as we're still in the mix even with plenty of injuries

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
We'd take Bridge, Upson and Ulloa obviously, but overall I'd say this team is better. It's only injuries that are stopping us from being favourites for automatic promotion IMO.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
I think Poyet's side was better in terms of having the quality and organisation to keep the ball and dominate the opposition. At times though they'd get horribly found out when they came up against quality players with a bit of physicality. West Ham away in our first season up when we got spanked for example.

This team has quality but has a bit more physicality about them, we'll have a battle and scrap it out with anyone. We've also got so many leaders in the team. So many players in our current squad have been captains in the past. I think this side is a bit better prepared for the rigours and different challenges presented by the Championship. Poyet's was generally nicer to watch, although some of our counter attacking player at times this season has been a joy to watch too.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Some pepole have got there prioritiees in life completalee rong, some1 spellling sumfing rong cood bee four numorus resons lick dyslexia or fatt finngers..

Chillax feind their are farr moore importent thinks in the wourld to worrey aboot lick punctuaction.....!

If it was dyslexia the poster would have spelt other words wrong and I wouldn't have commented. Getting the manager's name wrong is just stupid.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Who gives a sh** about anyone's name being spelt incorrectly in a forum, or anything else come to that. Doesn't take many brain cells to work out who he means. Get some manners, why don't you follow the thread and make some genuine input to the question asked, instead of labelling other posters as morons? If I spelt a word incorrectly, I'm devastated, in fact my life is probably now in ruins...thanks for that. :facepalm:

It doesn't take many brain cells to spell the manager's name correctly. It's not as if it's Hyypia, it's Hughton. Really not difficult. no need for you to be devastated about not spelling unnecessary correctly. It's a tricky word and it's not posted all over the forum on a daily basis.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I profer watching this team, as more exciting. It would of been interesting if poyet let his team break away a bit more . Rather than pass the ball around the back 4 , whilst the oposition got back into there positions. He had the players to do it

Interesting last night that we "only" had 35% possession yet still managed 12 attempts on goal. The Poyet side would never have produced those stats.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Getting the manager's name wrong is just stupid.

Quite. When Hughton was appointed, he wasn't universally welcomed by NSCers and some showed their displeasure by refusing to spell his name correctly, showing a lot of disrespect. Not just Houghton, but we had hooton and hewton as well, remember? They were roundly taken to task at the time (and got quite a lot of thumbs down!), and of course nobody in their right mind disrespects Hughton now, so there's no reason or excuse for spelling his name incorrectly, deliberately or otherwise.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Yes, I just about got all of that - up to the bit about licking punctuation.........!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here