Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lord Bracknell's Great Big Hospital Adventure

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
Lord B has asked me to post an update on his state of health since he's been very touched by the thoughtful wishes he's received all the while he's been ill.

He was admitted to St. Thomas' Hospital in London (Northumberland Ward) last week where, on Thursday he had an epically huge operation (a pelvic exenteration) which his surgeon told us is about the biggest operation that can be performed on anyone. But on the upside, it is intended to be curative and was certainly life-saving. He spent over 9 hours in theatre and the surgery went well.

He will be in hospital for up to 3 weeks and then the recovery process will take some months. They've already got him out of bed and yesterday he managed a little, assisted, stroll down the corridor. Right now he's distinctly on the woozy side but was quite capable of arguing with the providers of bedside TV (and ruinously costly phone calls) whose appallingly priced services he declined to buy. So normal service is slowly being resumed!

I hope they shaved his FACE Pre operatively. It harbours all kinds of unpleasantness.

Get well soon M'Lud.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
My very best wishes to Lord B, chin up.

NSC never ceases to amaze me with its generosity of spirit, whenever it's confronted with the challenges that can face any individual.

Thanks to everyone for their kind messages. I really appreciate them and I am sure Roz does too. At times like this, the love of family and friends is so important, and I'm getting it in bucketloads!

I love you all.

NSC never ceases to amaze me with its generosity of spirit, whenever it's confronted with the challenges that can face any individual.

Thanks to everyone for their kind messages. I really appreciate them and I am sure Roz does too. At times like this, the love of family and friends is so important, and I'm getting it in bucketloads!

I love you all.

Don't milk it LB:wink:

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
It's always vaguely irritated me that St. Thomas' Hospital manages to have two errors of punctuation in its own name, so it's good to hear that it gets the important things in life right. And the view across the Thames must be fantastic.

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS

I love you all.

Right, now get back into bed and stop ogling the nurses!!

Dr Q

Jul 29, 2004
Cobbydale
Very best wishes to Lord B for speedy recovery.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

I love you all.

The drugs are kicking in then, Ed? :)

Hurry up & recover please :thumbsup:

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
NSC can be, in one's darkest times, a place of surprising warmth and glimmering light, even from our stoniest of characters. I hope the unified wishes for your well-being make good in you, and not an iota of blasted maladiousness has an influence. Recover, good Ed.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I've never met you, I don't imagine you resemble remotely your rather splendid avatar but I've read loads of your posts. You sound like a really decent bloke.I'd like to wish you the very best in your recovery and hope to one day shake your hand in the Amex North Stand.Get well very soon!

I would echo that word for word, except I don't go in the North Stand.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
I've just googled whatever the op is called and wished I hadn't - sounds horrendus. I don't think the art house foreign language fims will be a good idea for a while - best stay relaxed.

Gary1

Oct 25, 2013
Never met you Lord B or had any forms of communication with you as far as I know but my thoughts go out to you and your family at this time. Hopefully you get well soon and and make as good a recovery as is possible so you can get back to doing the things you love with the people you care about. Take care - all the best.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here