Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

EU to charge Britain more money due to success of economy....

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I don't think I'll be taking any lectures in playground charades from a bloke who spams every politics and train thread with "wouldn't happen in Germany".

But thanks anyway.

That's my attempt at humour. Some people like it. Quite different to your carry on tonight. You're not on very good form tonight are you? Hung-over? Wrong-side of bed again?

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
I don't think I'm getting my point across. The US government put him in jail for tax not paid. Money they never received. And in the same way criminals now deny the Greek government income tax. The change of person who pays VAT from addiction the dealer is cost neutral to them.

If a dealer goes and gives them money via VAT on a new car it just transfers who pays that dosh. The loss to the government is in income or corporation tax.

Yes mate that's true but that's exactly why they are including the black economy - it's a huge part of the economy that's revolving in it but not in the books - it a bit like a club taking only cash on the gate and saying they only got 20k not 30k through the door - the money would be in the club and used for the club but the books would only show the declared sums - it's not fair on clubs who play by the rules and declare all the cash - our bill is based on the country's evonomy as a whole not the tax raised on it

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
That's my attempt at humour. Some people like it. Quite different to your carry on tonight. You're not on very good form tonight are you? Hung-over? Wrong-side of bed again?
I'm perfectly calm, thanks. You're the one getting stroppy. Telling me you're ignoring me then replying to me, calling me childish.

You seem to have become a lot more short-tempered since the German economy has gone down the pan. Come back home. It's great here.

Camicus

Self-determination.
Really all eu laws are passed through the houses of parliament. All echr rulings are in accordance with English law. You will never have self determination because our masters don't want that. You should be grateful to the eu for protecting you from this government

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Really all eu laws are passed through the houses of parliament. All echr rulings are in accordance with English law. You will never have self determination because our masters don't want that. You should be grateful to the eu for protecting you from this government
At £55m a day plus a surcharge of £1.7billion the EU is a costly club that has changed from a free trade agreement to being an all emcompassing political union which has stripped us of our fishing grounds amongst every other advantage we had over the continent of Europe...I voted for OUR government to rule this country...not some Europeon bureaucrat who has not been elected by anyone in the UK.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Really all eu laws are passed through the houses of parliament.

this is patent bollocks, if it were remotly valid no one would care about the EU. hundreds of regulations are imposed on EU members every year through powers ceded by treaties that said one thing and meant another, usually with no democratic oversight.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
At £55m a day plus a surcharge of £1.7billion the EU is a costly club that has changed from a free trade agreement to being an all emcompassing political union which has stripped us of our fishing grounds amongst every other advantage we had over the continent of Europe...I voted for OUR government to rule this country...not some Europeon bureaucrat who has not been elected by anyone in the UK.

+1...........

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
Other than the elected EU parliament. Nothing passes in to UK law without Westminster consent.

you should review the powers and process of the EU parliament (they have power to approve the EU budget and the commission, in entirety, and thats about it). it doesnt have any meaningfull oversight of anything, its merely a debating chamber for informal approval of ideas for regulation and legislation. all real power comes from the commissioners who create and enact regulations that are passed down to member states. regulations bypass westminster and land on the desks of Whitehall, where the wordage is amended to implement in the UK law. if it went through Westminster, UKIP wouldnt even exist as problematic EU law would never arrive here.

Camicus

Rubbish. Blame the elected by the eu parliament commissioner's as much as you like but it still has to be passed in to law by Westminster. Ukip exist because it's easier to blame Johnny foreigner than our own government

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
The point being freedom of movement is a Eu constitutional right. If we remove ourselves from this it also stops people emigrating. 46% of the UK wants to stop eu immigration while 56% would emigrate. Someone's on drugs and it's not me. British pensiors on the costas are a massive drain on the Spanish health services but people seem to think that is ok
It was a freedom of movement before the EU started,just in those days you needed a few quid and qualifications to move abroad.Most brits who move abroad are qualified skilled people with money.

How the hell does it stop people from emigrating?
In the EU or not you can move anywhere if you want...Do you actually think that leaving the EU means brits can't move to Europe?:lolol:
People who move here are mostly potless unskilled migrants,most who leave here are skilled and have money,work that one out and stick it up your bum:lolol:

Camicus

People move here for the work. Unskilled it still paying more than eastern European countries. The point being you can't have it both ways. We either have freedom of movement or we don't. It's a two way street. So to stop immigration from the eu.you will have to stop emigration. What about the hundreds of thousands who come from former commonwealth countries? How is that fitting in to all that

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Could we survive outside the EU? Yes, of course we could. Would it be a struggle? Yes. Yes it would.

The EU would also go through a massive upheaval if the second or third largest economy in the union (depends how you measure it) were to clear off leaving the rest of them with a €10bn black hole where the UK used to be.

I'm with Kevin McIntyre on the subject of referenda... "fuck it...let's see what happens"

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
In the EU or not you can move anywhere if you want...Do you actually think that leaving the EU means brits can't move to Europe?:lolol:

It will make it prohibitively difficult for many.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
People move here for the work. Unskilled it still paying more than eastern European countries. The point being you can't have it both ways. We either have freedom of movement or we don't. It's a two way street. So to stop immigration from the eu.you will have to stop emigration. What about the hundreds of thousands who come from former commonwealth countries? How is that fitting in to all that

The issue of the Irish border was raised in the press a few days ago. I'd never considered this. The comment was that as part of the Good Friday Agreement it's a "soft border". If Ireland was in the EU but UK isn't it would need to be a sealed hard border which might cause a few issues.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
The point being freedom of movement is a Eu constitutional right. If we remove ourselves from this it also stops people emigrating. 46% of the UK wants to stop eu immigration while 56% would emigrate. Someone's on drugs and it's not me. British pensiors on the costas are a massive drain on the Spanish health services but people seem to think that is ok

Small point of order - you can only have a 'constitutional right' if there is a constitution. Now I know that the arrogant unelected bureaucrats in Brussels WANT to believe the EU is a constitution but it isn't and if it ever is I doubt the UK will be part of it.

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
Small point of order - you can only have a 'constitutional right' if there is a constitution. Now I know that the arrogant unelected bureaucrats in Brussels WANT to believe the EU is a constitution but it isn't and if it ever is I doubt the UK will be part of it.

on the other hand, they did formulate a constitution, only when half the countries rejected it they renamed it as a treaty to get it accepted. EU democracy in action.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here