Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Major stabbing incident on a bus in Germany - at least 14 wounded.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Did you watch the video? If so, your response is astonishing, and blinkered views like yours are why so many urban areas of Europe are declining. Shame on you.

Yes. In short, it’s a load of biased crap. I’m not saying Sweden is perfect, it isn’t but every country and capital city has its issues, but that video is purely aimed at shocking the less informed and lesser travelled. It doesn’t square with my experiences or those I know from Sweden

Last edited:

Dr Bandler

Dec 17, 2005
Peterborough
Yes. In short, it’s a load of biased crap. I’m not saying Sweden is perfect, it isn’t but every country and capital city has its issues, but that video is purely aimed at shocking the less informed and lesser travelled. It doesn’t square with my experiences or those I know from Sweden

I suppose this is all made up fake news as well?

"Police can no longer handle the lawless jungle after dark in Amsterdam’ - ombudsman"

https://www.rt.com/news/434530-amst..._medium=aplication_chrome&utm_campaign=chrome

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

"Police can no longer handle the lawless jungle after dark in Amsterdam’ - ombudsman"

https://www.rt.com/news/434530-amst..._medium=aplication_chrome&utm_campaign=chrome

No. My point is one of perspective. I’m not saying crime doesn’t happen but in the context of capital cities Stockholm is a great place and relatively, I will repeat this word again - relatively -, safe. I presume you live in Lindfield so you might look at Stockholm as a utterly frightening and scary place full of big buildings, city dwellers will see it differently. And as someone pointed out the number of gun deaths in Sweden per year is about the same as a routine American monthly school slaughter. Stockholm also has one of the best brewery taps in the world; man up (or pop your stab vest on, dodge a few grenades) and I’ll but you a beer.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003

I've visited Amsterdam almost every year for 13 years and am off again in September. Missed one year 9 years ago,

Invariably stay in the centre and was surprised how quieter in has got in the centre after dark last couple of years. A bit of a crack down on pissed up tourists.

Looks like fake news to me.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I've visited Amsterdam almost every year for 13 years and am off again in September. Missed one year 9 years ago,

Invariably stay in the centre and was surprised how quieter in has got in the centre after dark last couple of years. A bit of a crack down on pissed up tourists.

Looks like fake news to me.

Fake news? In Russia Today? LOL. :lolol:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

The above story and the right wing presentation of Sweden as a no go zone due to immigration etc, the right wing narrative is in full momentum cashing in on the fears of the middle classes. The reality, is of course far different. All cities have there trouble spots. Try a stroll around the Favella's of Latin America. Very dangerous and not an EU migrant in sight.
We must not pander to the fears set by the racist and the far right. Cameron did just that and look at the catastrophic chain of events he set in place under the thin guise of so-called democracy.
Giving the people what they want. No. Don't give them what they need. People listen to Coldplay and voted for Trump. Don't trust people.

Last edited:

Dr Bandler

Dec 17, 2005
Peterborough
No. My point is one of perspective. I’m not saying crime doesn’t happen but in the context of capital cities Stockholm is a great place and relatively, I will repeat this word again - relatively -, safe. I presume you live in Lindfield so you might look at Stockholm as a utterly frightening and scary place full of big buildings, city dwellers will see it differently. And as someone pointed out the number of gun deaths in Sweden per year is about the same as a routine American monthly school slaughter. Stockholm also has one of the best brewery taps in the world; man up (or pop your stab vest on, dodge a few grenades) and I’ll but you a beer.

Please don't be condescending. Yes, I live in Lindfield at the moment but don't cower behind my curtains every night. I have travelled the world and lived and worked in four countries over the last few years. I was even caught in a football riot in Stockholm many years ago, but that is nothing to do with this topic. I also played in the front row for many years so don't think I need to "man up". Your veiled insults do not help your case in what we are debating, but I can see that is your style. Poor.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Who mentioned immigration? This is about the decline in safety in many European cities. For some, the creation of ghettos made up of migrants is a major factor, others not so much.

The biggest factor in the cause of crime is not a person's country of origin but the level of poverty they live in.

Dr Bandler

Dec 17, 2005
Peterborough
The above story and the right wing presentation of Sweden as a no go zone due to immigration etc, the right wing narrative is in full momentum cashing in on the fears of the middle classes. The reality, is of course far different. All cities have there trouble spots. Try a stroll around the Favella's of Latin America. Very dangerous and not an EU migrant in sight.
We must not pander to the fears set by the racist and the far right. Cameron did just that and look at the catastrophic chain of events he set in place under the thin guise of so-called democracy.
Giving the people what they want. No. Don't give them what they need. People listen to Coldplay and voted for Trump. Don't trust people.

There must come a point when the plain, cold facts have to register rather than seeing everything as a right-wing conspiracy. Who are these right-wing racists cleverly pushing this narrative? JRM? Nigel Farage? Don't be ridiculous. When you wont admit stuff that is actually going on as it is uncomfortable for your values, you actually drive people to vote for nationalists / populists through frustration (see Brexit, Trump, Italy). Better to deal with something head on, then the right-wing bogeymen will not get a look in.

Dr Bandler

Dec 17, 2005
Peterborough
The biggest factor in the cause of crime is not a person's country of origin but the level of poverty they live in.

But it is not the only one. There are vey poor cities in the world where the crime rate is relatively low, so there are other factors involved. The gap between rich and poor is a big factor, plus how much the revolting US gang culture is adopted by the youth of the cities involved.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
There must come a point when the plain, cold facts have to register rather than seeing everything as a right-wing conspiracy. Who are these right-wing racists cleverly pushing this narrative? JRM? Nigel Farage? Don't be ridiculous. When you wont admit stuff that is actually going on as it is uncomfortable for your values, you actually drive people to vote for nationalists / populists through frustration (see Brexit, Trump, Italy). Better to deal with something head on, then the right-wing bogeymen will not get a look in.

Both high brow and low brow racists. From Tommy Robinson to JRM , taking in Trump and Farage. They have taken advantage of a weak governments and managed to convince a weary populace that people from other countries are to blame. It's not a conspiracy in any sense of the word, it's a movement and it's gathering pace and is emboldened by the election of Trump and by Brexit.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
But it is not the only one. There are vey poor cities in the world where the crime rate is relatively low, so there are other factors involved. The gap between rich and poor is a big factor, plus how much the revolting US gang culture is adopted by the youth of the cities involved.

Yes, agree with your point about wealth disparity but which cities are you referring to that are poor with low crime rates?
"revolting US gang culture" exists because of poverty.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

This begs the question: In the list of factors that cause crime rates to rise, where does the perpetrators religion sit?

In extension this makes me wonder if European countries are having problems because they are cramming thousands of people into poor areas with little or no opportunity to earn an honest dollar (or Euro) (not that I am suggesting they have much choice for many of the refugees/asylum seekers with the current situation in the middle east) or they are having problems because the majority of people in those poor areas are muslim?

To me it seems that the problem is the former, yet we choose to put so much focus on the latter.

Again this begs the question: Why?

The answer to this, IMHO lies in the intention of those who would benefit from keeping areas of Europe poor.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
It all boils down to poverty, Gang culture exists in poor areas mainly populated by migrants and black people. This is where the gang culture arises. You don't see many migrant GP's or solicitors joining gangs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here