Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

All-Time Brighton and Hove Albion Draft

Oct 25, 2003
So my team is completed by a player who wasn't necessarily the best, but he made one of the most important saves in the clubs history

MARK ORMEROD

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
The most important two goals in Albion’s history were scored at the wrong end of the league. Perhaps because I lived through it, I’ll always see Storer’s strike at the Goldstone and Reinelt’s goal at Hereford as the most important goal. We wouldn’t be here otherwise.

But the next most important goal must go to my final pick. CHARLIE WEBB scored the only goal at Stamford Bridge to beat the then champions of England, Aston Villa, and bring the Charity Shield to Sussex in 1910. Our major honour to date.

Not only did he score that goal, he was employed by the Albion as a player and a manager for 38 years. Thirty eight years!

If I can’t find a place for Charlie Webb in my team, then I’m a poor man!

You'll see him below. Sat in the centre, just to the right of the Southern League Shield. The Charity Shield is on the right.

To his right is Bullet Jones. Three along from Charlie's right is Bert Longstaffe. Bert put the cross into the box that Charlie finished from. Bert was offered the chance to sign for Spurs when at the Albion. He turned them down because his mother wanted him to stay in Sussex.

CHARLIE WEBB is my final pick.

View attachment 51943

charityshield9if.jpg

PS: There's a striker still out there with a better strike rate than Peter Ward. He nearly pipped Charlie to my last pick.

[MENTION=15934]Rohana[/MENTION] - I have loved this thread more than any other on NSC, so thanks for getting it going.

Rohana

I'm.Actually.Dead.
Feb 16, 2010
Shoreham-By-Sea
[MENTION=15934]Rohana[/MENTION] - I have loved this thread more than any other on NSC, so thanks for getting it going.

No worries mate, glad its caught on. Voting next up, think it's going to be tight for all the categories tbh.

I've left myself my goalkeeper for last, and it needs to be somebody who has played in 4 seasons for us. Maybe not the most popular figure, but was critical to the team Poyet built, and should still be our second choice IMO. Was POTM twice when we won L1 which he deserved for his time wasting antics alone.

Casper Ankergren

images

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
My final team is as follows:

Danny Wilson = Category 1 - Has played for Brighton at least 50 times.
Gary Williams = Category 2 - Has been promoted with Brighton
Bobby Smith = Category 3 - Has received a full International cap during his career.
George Parris = Category 4 - Has been relegated with Brighton
Steve Penney = Category 5 - Has never played in the Top English Division
Charlie Webb = Category 6 - Played in at least 4 different seasons for Brighton
Tommy Cook = Category 7 - Has never been promoted or relegated with Brighton
Martin Keown = Category 8 - Has been loaned to Brighton
Dave Sexton = Category 9 - Has scored 10 or more goals in a season for Brighton
Graham Moseley = Category 10 - Has played under 3 different managers during his Brighton career
Adam El Abd = Category 11 - Has played a home game for us at two or more stadiums

There are other permutations.

I'm going 3-2-5. All out attack.

View attachment 51944

attachment.php

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011
PS: There's a striker still out there with a better strike rate than Peter Ward. He nearly pipped Charlie to my last pick.

I think I know who that is. I already had 2 strikers when I saw him though!

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
Darren Currie is my final pick.
_44824887_darren_currie_203.jpg

Category 1 - Has played for Brighton at least 50 times. Tomasz Kuszczak

Cup games included. Friendlies are not. 50 appearances can be stretched over more than one spell at the club.

Category 2 - Has been part of a promotion winning squad. Dan Harding

Promotions via Play-Offs count.

Category 3 - Has received a full International cap during his career. Paul McShane

Full International Cap for a FIFA recognized nation. Does not have to occoured whilst player was at Brighton.

Category 4 - Has been relegated with Brighton Tony Grealish

Been part of a squad that has been relegated. Players sold during the Summer transfer window do not count.

Category 5 - Has never played in the Top English Division Darren Currie

Has never played in the top tier of English football, either with Brighton or another club.

Category 6 - Played in at least 4 different seasons for Brighton Gerry Ryan

Made a first team appearance for Brighton in 4 different seasons.

Category 7 - Has never been relegated or promoted with Brighton Paul Dickov

Sorry I got it wrong in the opening post. Has never played a first team game for us in a season we were either promoted or relegated

Category 8 - Has been loaned to Brighton Bradley Johnson

Has played a first team game for Brighton whilst on loan from another club. Players who go on to sign for Brighton permanently still count.

Category 9 - Has scored 10 or more goals in a season for Brighton Leo Ulloa

Has scored at least first-team 10 goals for Brighton in all competitions in a single season. JPT, F.A Cup, Carling Cup & Play-Offs all count.

Category 10 - Has played under 3 different managers during his Brighton career Steve Gatting

Caretaker managers count. The same manager over two different spells counts as one.

Category 11 - Has played a home game for us at two or more stadiums Stuart Storer

Has played for Brighton as the home team in at least two of the following grounds; Goldstone, Priestfield, Withdean, Falmer.

120314182825.png

[MENTION=13376]Kazenga[/MENTION], not sure what you've been left with now!

Cheers for sorting this btw [MENTION=15934]Rohana[/MENTION] :cheers:

Kazenga <3

Test 805843
Feb 28, 2010
Team c/r HQ
Lost out on the only decent left back to fit my team sadly. Was going to compromise and shift a right footer over there, but then I thought **** it, I want this guy in my team:

ade-akinbiyi.jpg

Adeola Akinbiyi

Michel Kuipers- 2
Chris Ramsey- 6
Eric Young- 1
Kazenga Lua Lua- 11
Leon Knight- 9
Justin Fashanu- 4
Robert Codner- 10
Abdul Razak- 7
Zesh Rehman- 3
Emeka Ifejiagwa- 5
Ade Akinbiyi- 8

Screen Shot 2014-03-12 at 18.55.44.png

Rohana

I'm.Actually.Dead.
Feb 16, 2010
Shoreham-By-Sea

[MENTION=278]MattBackHome[/MENTION]

[MENTION=22841]stripeyshark[/MENTION]

[MENTION=1958]Gazwag[/MENTION]

abGxO9Tao7.jpg

[MENTION=4147]shaolinpunk[/MENTION]

EXPe0Uc.jpg

[MENTION=1284]moggy[/MENTION]

[MENTION=15934]Rohana[/MENTION]

NSC_Draft.png

[MENTION=1349]turienzo's lovechild[/MENTION]

[MENTION=225]Hamilton[/MENTION]

AlbionAlex

120314182825.png

Kazenga

attachment.php

Once we've got a graphic/picture for every team I'll stick up the categories and rules for voting. :blush:

Last edited:

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Will get my regulation team photo up this morning.

So, what players did you um and ah over and never got picked by anyone.

Three were on my list. Albert Mundy (top scorer three seasons in a row); Gary Dicker; John Gregory.

I also dithered over John Byrne and Clive Flash Walker.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

Three were on my list. Albert Mundy (top scorer three seasons in a row); Gary Dicker; John Gregory.

John Byrne was a definate ponder Steve Gatting and Chris Hutchings, Hans Kraay if only for his antics at corners, Doug Rouvie (I don't think any of these went)

Rohana

I'm.Actually.Dead.
Feb 16, 2010
Shoreham-By-Sea

Chris Iwelumo - realised he'd only played 10 games for us.

Dean Blackwell - was my wildcard if I didn't get Cullip and/or Butters

Ashley Barnes - thought that Lopez would give me a little more creativity as I already had hard workers.

Des Tennant - Discovered him about 30 seconds after picking Whing. 40 goals in 400 games from RB.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
I'd been toying with picking Darren Currie as my final player but I decided he wasn't mobile enough for my team

BangaloreGull

Jun 18, 2011
Burgess Hill

Amazed that (unless I missed them) Peter Grummit never got drafted, nor Eric Steele. Outfield Frank Worthington would have been one of the first names in my draft - think the most talented player I have ever seen in an Albion shirt, all be it passed his best by the time he came here.

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011
Chris Iwelumo - realised he'd only played 10 games for us.

Dean Blackwell - was my wildcard if I didn't get Cullip and/or Butters

Ashley Barnes - thought that Lopez would give me a little more creativity as I already had hard workers.

Des Tennant - Discovered him about 30 seconds after picking Whing. 40 goals in 400 games from RB.

Mine!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here