Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The Award-winning official "More Snow Tomorrow?" Thread [2023-24 Season]

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I don't get the personal attacks or this being about how fun ( or not ) I am as a person I am giving my assessment of the situation and commenting on it
This is the problem I have with the Netweather forum. It seems to replicate here a little. So many people only want snow, to the exclusion of all else, that any other prediction results in hostility towards the poster who may think things will not turn out that way.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
This is the problem I have with the Netweather forum. It seems to replicate here a little. So many people only want snow, to the exclusion of all else, that any other prediction results in hostility towards the poster who may think things will not turn out that way.

Get on www.theweatheroutlook.com Much more civilized.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
looking back on this thread though, everytime there's been snow and cold weather, right before it happens he says there is absolutely no chance, and he gets proved wrong :moo:

Without looking back over the thread I think US posts have mirrored the frustration that in January the TV weathermen and women start ramping up any average weather event from rain, storms and cold when actually it seems to have been a pretty mild, sometimes windy, sometimes rainy winter up to now, its really not that exceptional and I think its a worthwhile comment to state this.

In fact perhaps US posts are the most accurate assessment to date.

carteater

Jan 1, 2014
West Sussex
Without looking back over the thread I think US posts have mirrored the frustration that in January the TV weathermen and women start ramping up any average weather event from rain, storms and cold when actually it seems to have been a pretty mild, sometimes windy, sometimes rainy winter up to now, its really not that exceptional and I think its a worthwhile comment to state this.

In fact perhaps US posts are the most accurate assessment to date.

Are you US's second account??? :moo: :jester:

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
I'm obsessed with white stuff falling from the sky, I don't see it often living in Sussex. Maybe I shall move to Glasgow to support Celtic and see it more often.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The fact is although it will get slightly colder it is far from the " bitterly cold " as described on the BBC today. The weekend and next week wil see daytime max's of around 5C and nighttime mins of around 0-1 C. There may be the occasional sleet shower from time to time. As said there is NO cold weather over the whole of Europe so even if winds change to the magically NE or E there is no cold weather to feed in anyway. So in short temperatures will fall back to around where they should be for the time of year. There is no snow event to come

You simply spoke the facts as they are now, and reflected the current forecasts by the professionals with their knowledge and immense computer models.

Most who post on this thread probably love snow and crisp cold weather.

But the forecasts for this part of Sussex over the next 10 days are for temp's at their coldest barely going as cold as zero at night, with daily max's of between 3c and 8c. The Sussex 30 year January average max is 7c or 8c, so the forecats show nothing cold of note, especially when compared to the 4 or 5 recent snowy winters in Sussex which now appear to be disappearing into the distant past. They are also not forecasting any snow for this part of the World.

Painful for us snow lovers, but the reality.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
The fact is although it will get slightly colder it is far from the " bitterly cold " as described on the BBC today. The weekend and next week wil see daytime max's of around 5C and nighttime mins of around 0-1 C. There may be the occasional sleet shower from time to time. As said there is NO cold weather over the whole of Europe so even if winds change to the magically NE or E there is no cold weather to feed in anyway. So in short temperatures will fall back to around where they should be for the time of year. There is no snow event to come

Tonight's forecast was for the odd dump of snow here and there but as usual, higher chances of this happening much much further north from us. It does look like being bloomin cold over the next few days but, in keeping with tradition, the worst frosts will be well North of us. You are quite right Uncle, little or no chance of any for us and even then I think it won't settle.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
The forecast on the BBC just now has certainly changed from earlier on, as indicating snow next week for all areas, even Sussex by the Sea

No, no, no, no, no no.You are wrong. Big Gully / Uncle Spielberg has spoken. There will be no snow, coz, as Weststander says, he's the only one who knows what he's talking about, not those crazy scientific freaks with their computer models.

Winter is Over!!

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
You simply spoke the facts as they are now, and reflected the current forecasts by the professionals with their knowledge and immense computer models.

Most who post on this thread probably love snow and crisp cold weather.

But the forecasts for this part of Sussex over the next 10 days are for temp's at their coldest barely going as cold as zero at night, with daily max's of between 3c and 8c. The Sussex 30 year January average max is 7c or 8c, so the forecats show nothing cold of note, especially when compared to the 4 or 5 recent snowy winters in Sussex which now appear to be disappearing into the distant past. They are also not forecasting any snow for this part of the World.

Painful for us snow lovers, but the reality.

Still enough 'evidence' for the missus and I to have the annual 'heating needs to go up' row 'it's freezing outside'.......'no need for us to be at 87 degrees inside'.......etc....

D

Deleted member 22389

I think I have been owned before I know but I just cannot see it this time. The weather in Europe and the East is relatively mild all through next week with Russia, average daytime max of - 9C at 0 C a week tomorrow, it needs to be much, much colder across Europe as the air will warm crossing east to west and significantly also going over the English Channel. Whether I am a miserable old fart is open to discussion

Your right, the best snow lovers can look forward too is rain and hail. Temperatures are far too unsettled at the moment. Up until yesterday Sat, Sun where looking cold but the temperatures have risen again.

Last edited by a moderator:

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
Still enough 'evidence' for the missus and I to have the annual 'heating needs to go up' row 'it's freezing outside'.......'no need for us to be at 87 degrees inside'.......etc....
A real bug bear of mine when shopping etc. In the library yesterday evening they actually had a few windows open to release some unnecessary heat. What a waste of power and one of the best ways of catching/keeping a cold through till March. Your wife is an idiot, with the greatest of respect.

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
If I don't shift this cold, I won't get medication or go to the doctor; I'll just bash someone up. You'd better warn the police about me or you'll be an accessory to crime! LEGAL FACT!

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Why do the long distsnce forecast charts only get put up when they detail significant minus figures? The last couple of times they have been pointing downwards & the outturn has been flat but if things go the other way we'll not know if a isolated forecaster did call it

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here