Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What's the nearest pub to your house you've never been in?

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
The Regency Tavern in the centre of Brighton, only a square away from home but id never set foot in there, looks a dive!

It's not that bad. I wouldn't recommend it. It's very camp, would probably suit kemp town a little more.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Blimey. This is a toughie.
Been in every pub in Hurstpierpoint, Hassocks, Keymer, Ditchling, Pyecombe, Poynings, Burgess Hill, Sayers Common, Albourne, Hickstead!
Guess it must be the one on the Henfield to Cowfold road at Shermanbury. Or possibly one in Henfield (though I may have a full set there too). Unless there's one around here I don't know about!

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Late 80s I mainly used the Martha Gunn, The Bear, The Hare n Hounds and The Brunswick. Occasionally I'd use The Royal Hussair and The Gladstone

I was in the vicinity then as well, and the Martha Gunn was my pub of choice. I tried the Counting House on the Vogue Gyratory once (being the nearest to my front door) - that was quite an experience!

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I was in the vicinity then as well, and the Martha Gunn was my pub of choice. I tried the Counting House on the Vogue Gyratory once (being the nearest to my front door) - that was quite an experience!

Counting House was the Allen Arms in time in that area, we used to 'find' empty lemonade bottles round the back of the pub and then take them to the corner shop in Bear Road for a reward. :rolleyes:

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
The Harry in Leigh on Sea and the Castle in Hadleigh.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I live in south London these days. Thee are 2 pubs within a 15 minute walk from my house. i have visited them both.. one of them, just the once and never again.

The local pub is not quite the same concept up here as it was back when I lived in Sussex.
Back then a 15 minute walk from home provided an option of all of these pubs (possibly more)

The Clifton
The Lennox hotel
Chapmans
The south down view
The downview
The Norfolk
The jolly brewers
The Richard Cobden
The hare and hounds
The wheatsheaf
The Connaught Bar
The Swan
The jack Horner

Of these, the Norfolk is the only one I have never visited. Is it still there?

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Nearest pub to my house I've not been in? The Good Companions in Peacehaven.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Lots at either end of my road that I haven't been in:

The Albion
The Alibi
The Neptune
The Sussex Hotel
and there's one round the corner called, I think, The Red Lion.

Don't really have any desire to check any of these out. My closest pub is The Seafield which unfortunately I can't add to the list as I went in when we first moved in - oh my god, never again!

Kikikaikai

Charlatan?
May 20, 2014
Brighton
It's not that bad. I wouldn't recommend it. It's very camp, would probably suit kemp town a little more.

To me it seems to be full of really old men all the time and it smells a bit from the outside. Definitely would be better placed in Kemp Town if it had a bit of a facelift.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here