Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Election 2015

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Your going to have to get used to these personal attacks on your leader Milliband now, just like UKIP supporters have to deal with. Isn't it annoying when you are passionate about certain subjects in the country and other parties and the media try to discredit your party and focus on all the stupid things.

I think the cranks and fruit cakes of UKIP are a little bit different to a serious party like Labour.

(Can you see what I did there?)

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
After Fallons very personal attack on Milliband I have just seen a short piece from IDS suggesting that " Milliband is so desperate for office he will crawl over broken glass to get there " . I must say that the tories have got very personal over all this and I can't see what Ed has done to deserve all this abuse. The Tories seem to have taken " Back-Stabber to the top of thier buzz word list and they are all humming it now. It's very odd now The Quiet Man has suddenly reborn himself as a misguided Attack Dog as well. Maybe the Tories are rattled.

What do you reckon [MENTION=1416]Ernest[/MENTION]?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    483.8 KB · Views: 192

Greyrun

Feb 23, 2009
Yes, seems that by such an unprecedented attack from many sources ( another Tory repeating the allegations on Newsnight just now ) they seem to have forgotten about the facts. It just seems a very poor policy just now and shows the Tories up to be the Nasty Party yet again.

Nasty party's start wars resulting in the deaths of millions of people and ongoing turmoil.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Just read it: what a totally bizarre story. There's no indication of any wrong-doing on anyone's part, no infidelity, no unusual sexual activity, just that he had some relationships before meeting his wife. That's probably the story of 99% of all married men or women. What on earth was Tory central office thinking when it came up with that one?

Ed Miliband is normal after all shocker?

Downlander

Apr 14, 2011
He was
Fair enough ... but let's be even-handed about this.

Here's what David Cameron wrote in The Sun in 2007, three years before he was elected.

" If you really want to signal you’re a break from the past, Prime Minister, do the right thing – give the people the referendum you promised.

“Today, I will give this cast-iron guarantee: If I become PM a Conservative government will hold a referendum on any EU treaty that emerges from these negotiations. No treaty should be ratified without consulting the British people in a referendum.”

Not quite sure why you highlight Blair's broken promise but think it's all right for Cameron to do so. It's equally shabby by both of them IMO

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Just read it: what a totally bizarre story. There's no indication of any wrong-doing on anyone's part, no infidelity, no unusual sexual activity, just that he had some relationships before meeting his wife. That's probably the story of 99% of all married men or women. What on earth was Tory central office thinking when it came up with that one?

You can't read then, the crux is that WAS dating the unattractive hostess of the dinner party his wife met him at but he didn't tell her...

Downlander

Apr 14, 2011
Fair enough ... but let's be even-handed about this.

Here's what David Cameron wrote in The Sun in 2007, three years before he was elected.

" If you really want to signal you’re a break from the past, Prime Minister, do the right thing – give the people the referendum you promised.

“Today, I will give this cast-iron guarantee: If I become PM a Conservative government will hold a referendum on any EU treaty that emerges from these negotiations. No treaty should be ratified without consulting the British people in a referendum.”

Not quite sure why you highlight Blair's broken promise but think it's all right for Cameron to do so. It's equally shabby by both of them IMO

He was too late - the treaty of Lisbon was ratified by every member country by 13 Nov 2009 and became law on 1 Dec 2009. There was no promise to keep!

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Without trawling too deeply I assume the two longststanding telephone pollsters that backweight don't knows & voting intention that have the Tories in the lead have been given due prominence over the untested, newcomers who just mop up online responses and spew them out ignorantly with no analytical analysis adjustment?

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
There is a theme coming out here. The last Labour government for 13 years was not really a Labour government, some of the policies were a bit rubbish so that doesn't really count. The last real Labour government was actually in 1979. The economic crisis had nothing to do with Labour, it was a GLOBAL financial crisis that had nothing really to do with the U.K, and certainly nothing to do with Labour, which actually wasn't really Labour but was some other party. 😃

Yep. Nothing Is ever their fault. Even though it was.

Greyrun

Feb 23, 2009
Just read it: what a totally bizarre story. There's no indication of any wrong-doing on anyone's part, no infidelity, no unusual sexual activity, just that he had some relationships before meeting his wife. That's probably the story of 99% of all married men or women. What on earth was Tory central office thinking when it came up

From an article in the Daily Mirror and nothing to do with Tory central office.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
You can't read then, the crux is that WAS dating the unattractive hostess of the dinner party his wife met him at but he didn't tell her...

You really think that's a story? As I said, there was no indication that there was any infidelity. As the story makes clear, the relationship with Stephanie Flanders was over some time before he started going out with Justine.

You may think it's weird but I've known several people who have had secret relationships for one reason or another. I've been a dinner party myself with my then girlfriend and not told anyone we were going out together. My ex-girlfriend's ex-flatmate only found out about it 20 years later.

I know it's fashionable these days to blurt out of every detail of your intimate life to all and sundry but not everyone feels like you. There are people who prefer their private life to remain, well, private.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Without trawling too deeply I assume the two longststanding telephone pollsters that backweight don't knows & voting intention that have the Tories in the lead have been given due prominence over the untested, newcomers who just mop up online responses and spew them out ignorantly with no analytical analysis adjustment?

Do you have any real knowledge of the methods these "newcomers" are using? And I'm also very interested to know what you mean by "untested" in statistical terms.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
From an article in the Daily Mirror and nothing to do with Tory central office.

:lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol:

It was the Daily Mail and if you think that the Tory party isn't working hand-in-glove with Tory newspapers than you're being very naive. Why do you think there are so many anti-UKIP stories in the Mail? You'd think that the party's obsession with immigrants and the EU would be a natural ally for the paper but there's a constant stream of stories knocking UKIP and its candidates. -that has Central Office fingerprints all over it. The anti-Miliband stories are part of the same mindset

Greyrun

Feb 23, 2009
:lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol:

It was the Daily Mail and if you think that the Tory party isn't working hand-in-glove with Tory newspapers than you're being very naive. Why do you think there are so many anti-UKIP stories in the Mail? You'd think that the party's obsession with immigrants and the EU would be a natural ally for the paper but there's a constant stream of stories knocking UKIP and its candidates. -that has Central Office fingerprints all over it. The anti-Miliband stories are part of the same mindset

The story emerged when Mrs Milliband gave an interview to the Daily Mirror, re-read the article.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
You really think that's a story? As I said, there was no indication that there was any infidelity. As the story makes clear, the relationship with Stephanie Flanders was over some time before he started going out with Justine.

You may think it's weird but I've known several people who have had secret relationships for one reason or another. I've been a dinner party myself with my then girlfriend and not told anyone we were going out together. My ex-girlfriend's ex-flatmate only found out about it 20 years later.

I know it's fashionable these days to blurt out of every detail of your intimate life to all and sundry but not everyone feels like you. There are people who prefer their private life to remain, well, private.

Quite.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
The story emerged when Mrs Milliband gave an interview to the Daily Mirror, re-read the article.

I read the article and the Mirror one. There's one line about his going out with the hostess of the dinner party- there's no mention of her by name and there's no mention of any of the other ex-girlfriends who so fascinate the Mail. That's the part that has Central Office all over it.

I should say, BTW, that it's not just the Tory spin doctors who do this. The interview with Justine Miliband in the Mirror was a bit nauseating too .. and that has the stamp of the Labour flacks

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Your going to have to get used to these personal attacks on your leader Milliband now, just like UKIP supporters have to deal with. Isn't it annoying when you are passionate about certain subjects in the country and other parties and the media try to discredit your party and focus on all the stupid things.

Keep them coming. From recent polling it seems to be benefiting the Labour Party. And it's the very thing which most of the electorate despise in modern day politics; how much are they paying their strategic advisor again?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here