Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Huddersfield Town vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
Huddersfield are at home to Leeds this weekend.
At least that means they will take points off each other.
And made them go easy on us in second half.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
We were on a hiding to nothing from the first second because they had an outstanding midfield 3 against Norwood and Kayal and managed to walk the ball through us at will.

From that point on every other player was just firefighting and the confidence drained from them as the night went on, to the point where every player had the touch and passing range of Sunday league div 8 journeyman.

No need to panic yet, but we really need a decent performance on Sunday as we have some winnable games coming up before we play Reading and Newcastle.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
In my moments of optimism I've already started wondering about that.

The promoted teams go into a 2 division league.

8 of the teams can rip you a new one.
The other 11 can be given a game.

So what would/should Chris do to protect this team from themselves.

Playing a resigned Stephens as sweeper, was the best option I could come up with.
It's certainly a position that needed filling tonight.

Personnel wise, next season is next season who know who we will get in. However I think we need another tactical option for away games, we need three in midfield against the better teams in this division, I think this is especially true when one of those midfielders is Norwood. They just went through us like we weren't there tonight.

Still it is only one game, hopefully we can get back on the horse at brentford

SUA Seagull

Jul 23, 2016
Stratford-upon-Avon
Looks even worse in terms of the stats

Huddersfield vs Brighton
Possession
Home 69% Away 31%
Shots
Home 23 Away 2
Shots on Target
Home 9 Away 1
Corners
Home 9 Away 2
Fouls
Home 10 Away 15

But for the woodwork and a couple of good saves by Stockers that could easily have been a rout. Huddersfield were damn impressive tonight though, chasing every ball, passing well and totally shutting us out. As a Seagull that was extremely painful to watch and particularly worrying in terms of the fact that we weren't able to string anything together, were overrun in midfield and psychologically didn't seem to turn up.

A huge performance is now required at Brentford, which will be a major test of CH's and the squad's character. A good result there, followed by wins over Burton and Ipswich at home, should see the ship steadied before Barnsley (A), Reading (H), Newcastle (H) and Forest (A), all of which will be demanding fixtures.

We are top of the league, 5 points ahead of 3rd (and a game in hand) and in a great place. Tonight was a horrible blip and we can only hope that CH will sort this out asap.

Keep the faith! :albion2:

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
Anyone else clutching at straws and think the pitch was really poor? Seemed to hinder both teams but us to a far greater extent. Real difficulty bringing it under control and the crisp packets showed how windy it was!

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
Thought Huddersfield played very well. Have always like Nakhi Wells. Little bit down at losing an away game but we are top of the league. WE ARE TOP OF THE LEAGUE!

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
58df682f6b0722a570b23f82fa192d47.jpg

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
Anyone else clutching at straws and think the pitch was really poor? Seemed to hinder both teams but us to a far greater extent. Real difficulty bringing it under control and the crisp packets showed how windy it was!

Yeah I will clutch. We never play well on rugby pitches. That will be it!

origigull

Jun 29, 2009
I know that luck plays a part in football but we had none tonight. Their first could/should have been flagged offside and it seemed that the second was a rebound from our player straight to Wells. Hudders played very well and we were not even second best. Most of our players wouldn't get a 5 in ratings from me, we were that bad. I am hoping that its a bad day at the office and we'll steamroll Brentford on Sunday and win.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here